UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Treasure Map

mytilus

Sorceror
there was once upon a time on osi treasure chests were the only place you could get an item with 100% intensities, the best monster lootpacks gave only 75% max intensity and I dont even want to talk about runics because those were shit too, an armor peice with 50+ total resists and no other mods was considered pretty good, a 'perfect suit' was completely unheard of. Now we are several lootbumps later on runics and monster lootpacks but treasure loot on demise has stayed the same. A few years ago there was some talk about a fix/lootbump for treasure chests and even some code written. I'm unsure if it was ever added to demise, it wasn't long after that the entire treasure system was overhauled on osi. Map locations are completely random now (no rune libraries you need to walk to find spot), gold bump is big time huge (hey its more work so why not) and some other stuff about it too like minor arties and crap. What i'm not sure about is how it falls in the timeline of ML vs SA as far as the updates go. If there entire system were to be overhauled as it is on osi it would certainly be a lot more work than just tweaking the lootpacks a bit. In a perfect world the staff would have all the time and resources to code everything they (and us) could ever want and more. But in the real world some things have more priority than other things while other things have to wait. I would love to see something done with this though. =]

Bama

Bug Huntress
http://www.uo.com/Treasure-Hunting

Cartography Skill. Before a map can be used to locate a Treasure Chest, it first must be decoded by someone with the Cartography skill. The higher the level of the map, the more skill that is required to decode it. Additionally, Cartography is required to actually dig up the chest. In other words, while one person may decode the map for another to use to dig up the chest, the digger must ALSO have the sufficient level of Cartography.

The part in red doesn't apply on Demise that needs to be addressed as well

Publish 67 August 2010
http://uo.stratics.com/uoherald/news/news.php?newsid=1076

SVN 655
http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/446419/page-2#post-3612315

The only thing i've found sunken chests to be good for, is dumping them in CUB so it takes out all the useless items (even before i unlocked them). Also stripping the regs/gems/scrolls.

Bile

Knight
The only thing i've found sunken chests to be good for, is dumping them in CUB so it takes out all the useless items (even before i unlocked them). Also stripping the regs/gems/scrolls.

Hah, this is what I did with my chests. Also, I agree that there should be an upgrade. As we continue to advance further into ML territory we are slowly crippling the other forms of achieving success.

Note: I'd also like to up the ante on monster loot packs in general, my concept;

• Dynamic Loot Packs - Perhaps, depending on how lucky you are, lets say a mongbat corpse could potentially obtain a loot pack 1-2 levels higher or lower than it's base loot pack. This will give you an inclination to open up that zombie, rat, or lich corpse rather than just pass on by it. While this will make a noticeable difference on the lower creatures - with higher tiered monsters you could once in awhile see below average loot, but on the flip an abundant surprise. This should give the low<->mid<->high creatures a presence in the game.

alllex

Knight
Hah, this is what I did with my chests. Also, I agree that there should be an upgrade. As we continue to advance further into ML territory we are slowly crippling the other forms of achieving success.

Note: I'd also like to up the ante on monster loot packs in general, my concept;

• Dynamic Loot Packs - Perhaps, depending on how lucky you are, lets say a mongbat corpse could potentially obtain a loot pack 1-2 levels higher or lower than it's base loot pack. This will give you an inclination to open up that zombie, rat, or lich corpse rather than just pass on by it. While this will make a noticeable difference on the lower creatures - with higher tiered monsters you could once in awhile see below average loot, but on the flip an abundant surprise. This should give the low<->mid<->high creatures a presence in the game.
I totaly agree with you on this one,There is actualy no good reason to kill any other monster then the high Level loot pack drop,""even the small créature should carry good loot ..for exemple on the lord of The ring movies thé hoobit carry a freaking Nice steath bonus ring lol im prettty sure it Would be 1 hit dead also haha"" ok let Get bâck to topic every Hunter Would agree on this one ...i Been here for years ...and ive rarely raid an entire dongeon ..for item..it was mostly for pure fun..

Kadian

Traveler
Agree wholeheartedly that we need a t-map chest fix. There is pretty much no motivation or incentive to do maps. :(