UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Too many Noobie pks

Re: Too many Noobie pks

Jilt said:
It's actually quite like how EA's UO is now. There's no statloss there either and look what a steaming pile of **** it's become.

All of the action is just outside of town from between the red and blue groups running back and forth to each other, killing newbies between town and the moongates.. remind you of hybrid? :p

Exactly.

I love OSI! WOOT!
UOG=OSI

Please tell me it aint so....but its sounds like it may be, but without AOS?

Trag said:
what i have gathered from twisted arm is this
"i like to pop my head in to troll, kekelawl i ride teh bandwagon"

i wouldn't doubt you are one of those blues that just waits with his last target macro with explo precasted, waiting for the first blue out of 50 to attack a single red.

Run out of witty comebacks?

Jilt

Wanderer

Twisted Arm said:
Exactly.

I love OSI! WOOT!
UOG=OSI

Please tell me it aint so....but its sounds like it may be, but without AOS?

If it was like osi before AOS then it would have statloss. :p

Maybe they could just call it siege and add hero/evil (seperate from factions).. that would make me happy. :)

dankeggo

Wanderer

Im all for red statloss, but not permanent. That would just drive players away. But if you made a 20 minute statloss timer on reds it make them a bit more cautious and not just grab 10 of each and rush people in dungeons. You'd surely see a decline in the morons.

choco said:
Im all for red statloss, but not permanent. That would just drive players away. But if you made a 20 minute statloss timer on reds it make them a bit more cautious and not just grab 10 of each and rush people in dungeons. You'd surely see a decline in the morons.

Not a bad idea.

Somone posted it yesterday.

I laughed, and was going to do the same to you. But I choose not to.

Guess you win.

xVicex

Wanderer

Trag said:
vice, sadly with programs like krrios client, easyuo, and in some instances razor, it makes for a different level of playing field, and on this server you have to either adapt or die.

True... but its a bit disengenuos to be prancing around and acting like you're all that and a can of spam when you can't PvP without them.

Its not the player people are fighting its a program and for those using said program to act as if it is they who are what made the difference is laughable at best.

xVicex said:
True... but its a bit disengenuos to be prancing around and acting like you're all that and a can of spam when you can't PvP without them.

Its not the player people are fighting its a program and for those using said program to act as if it is they who are what made the difference is laughable at best.

lol You're cute.

xVicex

Wanderer

Twisted Arm said:
lol You're cute.

Shrug its like playing an FPS with an aimbot then acting like its you that made the difference.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if a rather large segment of the "uber doooder" PvP crowd here can't pvp worth a damn without their precious programs doing half the work for them. :)

.nem0

Page

Bah, there's too many noob anti's. You all run up, dump and then run 1v1. It's pretty sad :(.

The Stitch

Wanderer

Time for The Stitches two cents on statloss...

As far as I can see the only arguement "for" implementing statloss is to keep newbie pks at bay and to give the person killing the red a greater sense of satisfaction in combat. Not very endearing pros in my opinion. If newbie reds are annoying you by "disgracing the good name of reds" then try and envisage them as a player, not a colour. At the end of the day we are all playing the game, whether we are good at it or not isnt the point, we play the *game* to have *fun*. The newbie pks have fun doing what they do, and if you don't want to fight them you don't have to, apparantly they run away when you attack anyway. What I don't consider fun is macroing skills, its sodding tedious. Forcing reds to macro when they die does NOTHING but detract from the game, add to the fact that many people suffer lag spikes (im on 3mb connection and still get patches of bad lag), having to macro for hours before you can play again because you died somehow just sucks. Maybe it will drive off the less skilled reds, but then there will be less newbie reds for newbie blues to fight evenly, and hell, less reds hence less action altogether. Try to keep in mind not everyone who enjoys UO pvp are "Pro" players who optimise every part of their fighting ability, there are top tier pvprs, mid tiers and low tiers. This is how it is, and this is how it will always be, it wont change. Anyway, what do you think those newbie reds are going to do if you implement statloss? Become newbie blues thats what, and there are already more than enough of them. A murderer doesnt have to be a pumped up supervillian, he can be a mindless thug, please stop with the "Elite Red" image.

trag

Sorceror

well said stitch, i couldn't have said it better myself.

hell, i even tried to :p

xVicex said:
Shrug its like playing an FPS with an aimbot then acting like its you that made the difference.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if a rather large segment of the "uber doooder" PvP crowd here can't pvp worth a damn without their precious programs doing half the work for them. :)

i have noticed a lot more scripting than when i started to play here. in fact, i got owned by a guy using an uber heal script just 45 minutes ago. sad, really.