UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Thief general question... [+New on shard]

Vingador

Wanderer
Thief general question... [+New on shard]

hi guys, i just started yesterday
i have a lot of questions:

1 - Dex change my chance % to steal? any stat will give me more chance to steal?

2 - Where i find a tutorial/guide to tell me what the skills do... like what its stun? how i get? where i can get all this info?

3 - What i can stole? everything less the blessed stuff? can i steal bank check and vet reward?

4 - If dex helps to steal more, it have gear that give more dex?

5 - When i steal, i have a chance to steal whitout being detected, or i always will be detected if try to steal? and if get detected trying to steal, i become grey for all or for only who i tried to steal?

6 - When i become grey on town, guards will kill me or get me to a prison?

wkstrm

Lord
Re: Thief general question... [+New on shard]

Welcome.

Vingador;1966890 said:
1 - Dex change my chance % to steal? any stat will give me more chance to steal?

No.

Vingador;1966890 said:
2 - Where i find a tutorial/guide to tell me what the skills do... like what its stun? how i get? where i can get all this info?

In the guide section of this forum.

Vingador;1966890 said:
3 - What i can stole? everything less the blessed stuff? can i steal bank check and vet reward?

Bank checks are blessed and not stealable. You can hover steal items with a weight of 10 stones, no more than 10 stones though.

Vingador;1966890 said:
4 - If dex helps to steal more, it have gear that give more dex?

No, Hybrid does not support the "item based" UO. This is oldschool.

Vingador;1966890 said:
5 - When i steal, i have a chance to steal whitout being detected, or i always will be detected if try to steal? and if get detected trying to steal, i become grey for all or for only who i tried to steal?

There is always a chance you will succeed in your theft and not get discovered. There is also a chance you will fail without detection. You can also succeed in stealing the item but everyone around you will notice. Same goes for a failure.

Vingador;1966890 said:
6 - When i become grey on town, guards will kill me or get me to a prison?

Town guards will only come if someone calls them on you. If the townguards come, you will experience the nice grey screen.

uoforlife

Sorceror

wait, wkstrm, so ur saying dex doesn't effect? some people say it does, some people say it doesnt

War2.0

Sorceror

uoforlife;1966897 said:
wait, wkstrm, so ur saying dex doesn't effect? some people say it does, some people say it doesnt

I've read many different accounts of that, both for and against more dex.

I find the higher my dex the higher my chance of success. That's just in my experiance, and I've never sat down and ran any percentages. I could very likely be wrong :)

I run 4 different styles of thief....

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

No other skill has its success chance based on any stat. I don't see why stealing would be any different. I don't know that for a fact, though.

LKP;1966935 said:
No other skill has its success chance based on any stat. I don't see why stealing would be any different. I don't know that for a fact, though.
Meditation? (not success but @ 100 int it is more effective?)

wkstrm

Lord

uoforlife;1966897 said:

I have 5 thieves with various stats. I fail as often with high dex as with low dex. So far I havn't seen any difference.

Assuming you haven't hit skill cap (make sure you have less then 700 skill, or that you have a skill with points left marked down), throw on some plate arms, gorget and helmet.

Vingador

Wanderer

i got perm grey, but the npc dont call guards on town? this is how it works?

and when i am red, npc will call guards too if see me?

when npc call guards? never or just when its atacked/see someone stealing?

zlatan fulgere

Sorceror

wkstrm;1966895 said:
Vingador;1966890 said:

No.

If you decide not to GM stealing, dex would affect your adjusted skill, no? :p

Vingador;1967337 said:
i got perm grey, but the npc dont call guards on town? this is how it works?

and when i am red, npc will call guards too if see me?

when npc call guards? never or just when its atacked/see someone stealing?

The guards will not bother you simply because you are perma gray, or have become red. They will only come for a brief period after a crime, if they are called. NPCs will only call the guards if they are in range at the moment you commit the crime (and only if you are noticed, if that crime is stealing).

Vingador

Wanderer

hmmm ok...

and another question, what skills power-up my mage spells? only eval intel?!

Inscribe affects your Protection/reflect spells
GM poisoning will allow you a chance to cast DP when casting on an adjacent tile to your target.

Vingador

Wanderer

thereverandleech;1967385 said:
Inscribe affects your Protection/reflect spells
GM poisoning will allow you a chance to cast DP when casting on an adjacent tile to your target.

what its DP?

and eval intel really power up my mage spells?

radese

Wanderer

what affects the detection or undetection of a theft? is it just random?

War2.0

Sorceror

I beleive it goes something like the amount of people around you in an area of either 8-16 tiles, and the amount of stealing skill you have.

It's been awhile since I really think about it if I'm in town on my thief...you just sorta keep an eye out on NPC's, and once they are 8 tiles away, you're usually good to go. Only thing that can stop you then is an observant PC.

radese

Wanderer

alright, that makes sense. thank you. also one question...people like to cover their pouches/bags with blessed clothing. how do i go about opening the bag under it?

The Mute Muse

Sorceror

You drag the items off of the pouch and let them go, really really really fast. Over and over. Until your client lags in replacing them and you have a split second to dbl click the bag... Wait this isn't a secret is it? I always forget what stealing techniques ppl know.