UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The way of the Rune Warrior

Lord_Zero

Sorceror
The way of the Rune Warrior

Most of the players value the rune beetles for their poisoning skill and nice magic-fighting ability.The only problem with their poisoning skill is their skill limit - 700 skill points total and having 8 skills means that the other skills except poisoning will suffer.
On of the unpopular way to deal with this is to lower or even nullify the beetle's poisoning skill.The reason why the hell you'll be doing this is to allow the beetle to dodge attacks and become much more stronger in a melee. A typical example of such beetle is:
100 wrestling, 100 tactics, 100 anatomy, 85 magic resist
100 magery, 100 meditation, 115 evaluating int.
This way the beetle get's (115+100)+20 = 127.5 defensive wrestling skill.
[or 120 if it's capped, I don't know if it is]. A beetle like that one is capable of handling the big guys like an ancient wyrm (paragon) or so. And it's priceless for pvp, atleast in my experience :)

If you want to train your beetle this way, here is how to do it:
1) res-kill it, until it has around 35~40 magery, than go training it up again.
2) follow 1) until the poisoning is nullified and take care of it's magery skill.
3) raise it's magic resistance using curse or clumsy.
Here is the macro that I used for this. [I'm a tamed mage]
The beetle Must be dead and must be your last target before starting this.

Code:
!Loop
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1084849369|3617
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1058|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02.1000000
Assistant.Macros.WaitForGumpAction|644732602|False
Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|1|0|0
Assistant.Macros.ExtCastSpellAction|37|4294967295
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1058|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02

I hope this helps :)

Zake-DK

Wanderer
Re: The way of the Rune Warrior

Not to burst your bubble, but with 115 Eval and 100 Anatomy, you get 117.5 Defensive wrestling.

Zake

xaxas

Wanderer

Zake said:
Not to burst your bubble, but with 115 Eval and 100 Anatomy, you get 117.5 Defensive wrestling.

Zake

No, it's exactly 127.5, because the formula is: (Anatomy + Eval)/2 + 20, not [(anatomy + eval) + 20]/2. At least that's what stratics says

p01n7e

Sorceror

Even if the bug with skills is fixed i doubt anyone will choose a rune beetle + (mare/bake/fire steed/etc.) over a cu sidhe or reptalon when they are put in the game.

if beetles where fixed, no other tameables would compete wid the damage of a bake/rune combo. The Cu sidhe will prolly become the new tank tameable, but as for the raptalon its pretty useless compared to the hiryu and cusidhe

lokkz

Wanderer

hmmm

well, most of the rune beetles have low resists, and not much hp... and you just cant train/raise a pets resist...

so as on all my pets, look its resists, the skills you train.

well, poisoning wont train over 100, so also look for high poisoning skill runes.

once the ML pets are on, bye bye runes... runes are just good for hunting blood eles :p

Rune beetles can be pretty good pets... have a decent magery, a weak melee, but why we need it whan it have bleed, corrupt armor and poison? =P

Mine dont raise skills at all... it raised ONE anatomy point in a whole day, the others skills stay the ones i got whan i tamed it...
Well, beetles are sweet to use against Dread Horn, pretty nice tankers, so, ill keep mine hehe

Anyway... someone know why r-beetles arent raising skill at all?

xaxas

Wanderer

Sum up all their skills, if they eaqual 700 the beetle will not raise more in anything until it loses some in poisoning (it will lose 0.1 on every duying). That's exactly the major drawback of RB's - if the 700 skill cap was removed and they could get to 100+ magery, 100+ eval, 100+ medi, 100 wrest, 100 anatomy, 100 MR AND 140-150 poisoning they'd become the pet any tamer should have. Unfortunately now noone uses them because with their medium resists and little wrestling you can't keep them alive against tougher monsters.

Naaaah, if they make RB's be like OSI, they will have 110 skill cap, so, they will be able to have every skill on Elder... just wondering if staff can make that