UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The most lucrative activity

Daho

Wanderer
What is the best way to earn some money while playing sampire?

I would like to leave doom for some time and I like to play sampire.
Balron parags have weak loot, miasma is busy with many people and boring - swoop the same.
Peerless solo? Maybe but I try only dreadhorn and I have problem with collecting keys from spiders keys because guile, spite and irk comes with me and I cant tank 5 of them but only 3.

Your suggestions

Akka

Sorceror
Travesty is easy enough for you. Easy taint/corrupt, chance for CC... perfect. Or just kill thousands of ancient liches / poison eles in a luck suit like me :D

What is the best way to earn some money while playing sampire?

guile, spite and irk comes with me and I cant tank 5 of them but only 3.

Your suggestions

Walk to one spawn at a time using your honor. Stay at that camp until you can honor again (5 minutes at knight) and go to the next one. Make sure you kill any mobs aggro to you before attempting to honor yourself. Try to stay huddled up against the walls or in little corners to avoid offscreen aggro while fighting.

Daho

Wanderer
I am a male - if ill take a wraith form ill loose 20% dmg reduction from swamp. Maybe I can polymorph somehow into a female to reduce dmg received. Where to find semidar? I have nice demon slayer weapon but without hsl - will it work against her? I know that she spawns in felucca and ilshenar as well. As far as I know in fell I can get power scrolls, in ilsh i cannot. But in Fell I am also vulnerable to PK.

Can you give me any advices?

There are two locations in ilshnear that have random champ spawns. Outside Humility and outside Valor. They have a random chance at being any of the spawns that are in fel except lord oaks.(located in spirituality and t2a at fixed locations) Currently, they are both undead or Neira champ, which no one really likes to do because the rewards arent that great and paragon rotting corpses and lich lords are annoying. Plus first level is griefy too sometimes. If you do Neira at one of those locations, a few minutes after th champ is dead the spawn will reset and a random one will be chosen. Semidar is included.

Fel Fire is the home of semidar champ and its fixed location is there. It is always this champ just like despise is always barracoon, terra keep is mephitis, deciet is undead, destard is rikktor. If you do a champ at one of these locations you are pretty much guranteed to get raided depending on the time of day you are doing it.

If you go to the lost lands(T2a) in Fel, there are 12 champ areas that are all random except the mentioned Lord Oaks location. Currently, most or all of these are Neira as well, and again, depending on the time of day you will probably get raided. However, your chances of getting it off especially around this time of night are much higher than Despise or Fire locations as these are checked non stop.

so daho, should try doom with a luck suit on instead when you are alone there. One of few mobs that can potentially drop max intensity max mod items. Had this covo with bad mutha too:

a Bad ReligionWanderer

Ml named bosses and mobs, doom bosses, champs, harrower, can potentially have 100% intensity. I think dread spiders can have 5 mods with a few mid to high intensity, but apparently those others are the only ones with the potential to drop max mods max intensity so a ring like 1/3 15hci 15dci 25ep can potentially drop. Whereas dreads, succubus, bloods, intensities can max out like 1/3 11 hci 12dci 20 ep kind of range. Still insanely sick, but for 5 mod MAX intensity, you can get from those I listed and I think a few others only.

Daho

Wanderer
Thaaaanks! :)

I think I should hang out with ppl more often. Because by bow it sounds quite complicated . I just wanted to go to direct place, kick some creature ass and get loot :D

LittleMary

Traveler
Demise code is not that same as it used to. So the drop rate is quite weird imo...

The following is no longer valid but a start to understanding

From old demise code that is no longer valid as I paged and was told by the migthy eos herself.
They might put code public, but I was told they went private on it for the time being.

Thing to understand:

Anything can drop 5 mods... I mean, I seen ettin drop 5 mods...

Monsters use Loot Pack(this can be confusing. Read it a few time or ask questions!)

Loot pack are what monsters can drop.
Chance at droping a number of items
Chance of individual intensity.
Chance to roll a slayer

Lower end monsters.

You can only get 90% intensity max

Higher end monsters

You can get 100% max(Captain obvious here)

Corpses

Each monsters can drop a count of corpse or a number of lootpack. Use the term that make it easier to understand.

When I speak with people. For convenience of understanding. I use 3 type of corpses. (Some other type exist. But they dont differ much in the lower end imo)

Ettin corpse
Lich Lord corpse
Miasma corpse

Now that you are all confused. Let's try to put it into practice!

When hunting titans!
They drop 2 corpse.
1 ettin corpse and 1 lich lord corpse
(If you kill a ettin and a lich lord. You will see that the total gold will ammount the same as 1 titan!)

So,

1. if you kill things like earth elem, ettin, giant serpents and sunch. You will have the same loot as a ettin.

2. If you kill a lich lord, blood elem, Valorite elem, etc. You will have the same loot as lich lord.

3. Now, if you kill Titans or Ice fiends. You will get 1 lich lord and 1 ettin corpse.

4. ML monsters, doom boss and champs drop 'super boss' corpse. They have a 25%-100% intensity. Meaning they cannot drop lower then a 25 luck ring.

5. Peerless are suposed to drop 35%-100% Which does not seem to compute with my experience.

Side note: The Bone Deamon drop 8 lich lord corpses.

The New Demise

Some interesting things to notice or try if you dont believe it yourself.

Many monsters seem to be able to drop 100% intensity. I know someone that droped a 100 luck jewel from a lowly giant ice serpent.

Some monsters have been nerfed from my experience. From having hunted Titans for over 300 bag of sending charge using luck. I can tell you that I do not see the drop to be as good as they should.

From my personal experience and other. It's all about how many monsters you wanna kill and how good of a drop you wanna get.

Killing 1-2kk titans SHOULD net you at least 1 GREAT 10kk+ drop. So, you might as well idoc or focus more on the gold speed or how to idoc.

You might want to try your luck at miasma. But seeing how camped it is.. Sometime just killing anything else yield more result and almost always more gold.

Nice post, but I said 5 mod max intensity. An ettin can drop a 100 luck ring maybe, but never a 1-3 100 luck 20 lrc 15 dci. The bosses/mobs I mentioned have this potential.

LittleMary

Traveler
Nice post, but I said 5 mod max intensity. An ettin can drop a 100 luck ring maybe, but never a 1-3 100 luck 20 lrc 15 dci.
The roll on an item is it's max intesity. Then it roll each mod and their intensity. If something can roll 100%, it can roll it on 5 mods.

Here the 'old' Blood Elem Loot pack (That one seem somewhat similar)

FILTHY RICH
gold 100% 202-400
Slayer 2% 1
Magic Item 33% 0% 50% 4 1
Magic Item 33% 0% 60% 4 1
Magic Item 20% 0% 75% 5 1
Magic Item 5% 0% 100% 5 1

First % is chance per corpse to see this item.
Second-third is the range of intesity
Number following are mod quantity and item quantity

As you can see. Blood elem can actualy drop similar to what a oak kit could produce.

Looting is pretty broken...

Wanna kill 3kk bad monsters to get good items ?
Wanna kill 2kk ok monsters to get good items ?
Wanna kill 1kk good monsters ?
Or 500k 'super loot' monsters ?

In the end. It all come down to how fast you can kill X tier monsters and your capacity to keep up with checking loot at decent pace.

So let's look at some maths

5% chace to drop a 1-100% intensity
Thats 1/20 corpse.

Chance to roll 1 of the mod 100%
1/100

1/100 * 1/20 = 1/2000

Chance to roll 5 mods as 100%

Close to impossible. Since it's exponetialy bigger to roll a second, 3rd, 4th and 5th 100%

We can easily be looking at 1/20kk+ blood elemental to get 1 perfect item in intensity.
Obviously, UO will troll you and put it on a studded armor, give you a ring with NS, EP 25, Vet 15, stealth 15 and anatomy 15 or some retarded no di weapon with half the mods we dont like.(we didnt even get into slayer)

This is why you see me complain about industrial macroing. UO was not meant to be played with perfect gears. Macroing cheat all of that.

Perfect and close to perfect gears were meant to be legendary. Not common enough to make 2/3 the rare items useless

Last edited:

LittleMary

Traveler
No, I wish I did. Some people say they live with those quest..

From the little experience I had with them(maybe 15), it's a interesting gamble if you do the quest while having another purpose.

But if you do find something about the roll of boxes reward, Im interested.

LittleMary

Traveler
yeah sure, go kill a monster that give 5 more items the miasma(20 vs 25). Then spend 3-5 times longer killing it. Sound productive.​

Pur3Playa

Sorceror
Apparently someone does not know how to read stats very well. perhaps you should look up how to play Ultima Online for noob? Pyre has 1939 max hp, whilst miasma has 2000 max hp, also can use bird slayer talisman on pyre to get "slayer" bonus

Also Lets not forget to mention... Not many player farm Pyre, Whilst Miasma has group of player surrounding it.

But please, contradict me more, you are what 3 months new to server?