UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The first of what could (probably will be) be many...

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowjeep

Sorceror
Re: The first of what could (probably will be) be many...

its a pulp fiction reference, I am sure he didnt mean it to be as bad as it sounds.

Lucifall

Knight

She*
And honestly, not being their first language is not really an excuse if you have conditions of having english classes. And if he bought new pc / connection, he obvioulsy can have them.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I'm only replying because I find the misuse of the English language interesting here.

What he said was not "racist" or a "stereotype" - Racism relates to a persons ethnicity and stereotype would be a blatent statement such as "If he was in .di and he cheated, then everyone in .di is a cheater" - What was said was a natural assumption.

If someone is cheating and has found a way to cheat without being caught (well up until this point) and he or she has close friends/guildmates, those would be the people he would most likely share his cheat with. Obviously the cheater would be a moron if he went out and handed his cheat off to anyone he does not know. If he or she did this, then that means he could be handing it off to a GM on their regular character or to someone who would turn him in.

Now, with that said, this does not mean that all of his friends are cheating (the stereotype), it is just a thought that if he were going to share his cheating ability, it would be with the people he trusted the most.

*goes back to reading the thread*

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Finished reading the whole thread -

Yeah - we do check people.

No - we don't care what guild you were/are/might be in.

If you follow the rules, you won't get banned :)

Ripa

Sorceror

LadyCrimson;261662 said:
Finished reading the whole thread -

Yeah - we do check people.

No - we don't care what guild you were/are/might be in.

If you follow the rules, you won't get banned :)

But based on that "natural assumption", it is pretty easy to assume that the staff will use 10 minutes watching a di. member while they will probably use 8 minutes watching someone else, although staff may check everybody of course. That is what I think would not be fair, based on somebody's opinion a complete guild in under suspect and could (never said will) receive a different treatment. Remember: Presumption of innocence.

Windows Dark

Wanderer

Two ways to detect cheaters:

Double Domination and CTFs

Stealthing PVP at Despise fel

lol.

BTW Crimson, thanks for your post. It was teh pwnage post :D.

ZachM1

Sorceror

Crimson, I was talking to Ryan (actually minutes after he deleted z0rak in front of my very eyes :( ) and he mentioned something about a staff policy change towards players using autoheals (razor, easyuo, any method really).

Was he speaking the truth or was he just trying make me feel better about z0rak being deleted?

The reason Im asking this is because pvp here is becoming rediculous. Yeah someone was using PlayUO and plugins, alright, he was punished for it. Now look at all these players (an entire guild which I will not name, and most everyone knows anyway) using razor or something to autoheal themselves. I have sent in numerous RPVs to staff about it, made a couple posts in threads on the topic and recieved no response. Autohealing should not be allowed, no matter the method used to do it. Let me know whats up, so I can determine if its even worth playing Demise anymore.

rdx

Sorceror

yeah pvp here is pathetic, autohealing shit really hurts pvp, it took quite long to ban playuo and its plugins so i hope you can do something with those issues; thers something worng when some ppl decide to go back to ea shards coz of some punks here;/

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

We spend as much time as it takes to determine if a player is cheating. If its 30 seconds or 3 days. We want the game to be as fair as possible to everyone and ensure EVERYONE follows the rules.

I really am not sure what admin has down the road as far putting anything in place. I'm not a programmer. I do know that the problem with using hacked clients is being resolved relatively quickly, which I'm sure you can all see with the banning of specific people. As time progresses and we take care of the bigger issues, the smaller underlying issues will surface very quickly and in turn, they will be taken care of.

As for how a person does something - if it is within the rules, then it is fair game. That is how it would be kept fair for everyone. If a person can figure out autohealing with razor and they PvM, it is treated the same as if the same person was PvPing - razor is legal at this point in time.

So, as for sticking with Demise - admin is doing a bang up job figuring out how to pin down cheaters and hacks programmatically. In game staff follow through on the rules and will act on anyone not in compliance with the rules no matter how they are working the system.

That's how it works :)

ZachM1

Sorceror

Thanks for the response at least :)

I dont feel that autohealing should be allowed, as it is probably the #1 reason people complained about PlayUO. Any form of auotheal is a punishable offense on both Hybrid and Divinity, why should it be any different here?

Time to reactivate my OSI account :/

Status
Not open for further replies.