UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The E-Cigarette

jpowell52000

Sorceror
Re: The E-Cigarette

Fides;2161112 said:
So I've just recently switched over to the electronic cigarette (ive smoked for years), and i must say it is almost dead on with smoking a regular cigarette. I'm amazed. I had always heard its not like the real thing etc etc. But this thing produces out a ton of "smoke" when its charged and it is hot like cig smoke and the cartridge flavor tastes exactly like a Camel Crush (thats what i smoked.)

This shit may actually work

I been thinking of switching to those..and since u say that are "almost" the same...what brand are you using so I can check it out.

Fides

Sorceror

jpowell52000;2161320 said:
I been thinking of switching to those..and since u say that are "almost" the same...what brand are you using so I can check it out.

im using the "vapormate"

It seemed kindof expensive at first (it was 80 bucks including i think 3 boxes of cartridges) but the boxes have 5 cartridges total in them and each cartridge is said to be equal to a pack and a half of smokes. So far it's working really well...ive only smoked about 4 real cigs in the past 3 days (i smoked a pack a day). And i can smoke indoors wherever the hell i want bc it's just steam and not actual smoke.

smoking about a pack a day i was spending over 200 bucks a month on cigs. Refill cartridges for a month are only going to cost me about 50-60 bucks a month and it's not killing me to boot.

When i use this thing i dont feel the need at all to light up a cigarette and it still gives u the burn feeling that a real cigarette does.

I highly recommend trying it cuz so far this thing is working like a charm

Mara

Knight

I think I'm going to recommend this to the people in my family that are still trying to quit, or have been trying forever to do so.

Fides

Sorceror

Mara;2161348 said:
I think I'm going to recommend this to the people in my family that are still trying to quit, or have been trying forever to do so.

it helps you quit without really having to quit.

Nicotine alone is about as harmless as caffeine...its not harmful whatsoever. I was in class today just puffin off my e-cig. Be amazed at the stares that I get. NO I'm not smoking in class...lol

Mara

Knight

Yeah, I'm definitely going to see if I can get some people to try it and see if it helps. Maybe a great Christmas present.

I just used Chantix to quit smoking. It worked really well for me. I have heard it makes people want to kill themselves or some stupid stuff like that but the only thing it did for me was make me stop smoking.

I guess it just blocks the urge to want to smoke a cig, and it really did, after the first week every time I thought about smoking one it didn't appeal to me

peteliv

Knight

these things are not worth it, they break after a few charges. why smoke cigs in general? they don't fuck you up, they only give you cancer, and money you spend on ciggs could go to alcohol, weed, or food or something

zoo york

Knight

Pete Liv;2161522 said:
these things are not worth it, they break after a few charges. why smoke cigs in general? they don't fuck you up, they only give you cancer, and money you spend on ciggs could go to alcohol, weed, or food or something
Yeah man, I wish I had the money back I spent on cigarettes during my smoking career.

Fides

Sorceror

Pete Liv;2161522 said:
why smoke cigs in general? they don't fuck you up, they only give you cancer,

hence why im using this thing and trying to quit.

shindig

Sorceror

Raezion420;2161421 said:
I just used Chantix to quit smoking. It worked really well for me.

I guess it just blocks the urge to want to smoke a cig, and it really did, after the first week every time I thought about smoking one it didn't appeal to me

Yea I used zyban, or the generic form of it and it worked great. It took 3 tries with it because I had gaps in between getting the refills the first two times. The 3rd time I just bought all 90 days worth up front and never smoked again.

It made you not want to smoke at all, and didn't have any nicotine in it so once you're body is without nicotine for a few months you don't get those intense cravings. I spent over $500 on patches and they never worked, I just ended up smoking with the patch and consuming more nicotine than ever. Anything that substitutes for a cig but is still nicotine is just teasing yourself, not quitting.

Countessa

Knight

I never tried the E-Cig. but I'm considering getting one for hubby. Just so it's around when he decides it's time to quit. :D

I quit smoking two years ago this October past. I had a few reasons; cost, health and guilt.

I won't say the method I used is the only way or even the right way, at least not for everyone. But it worked for me. The following is what I did:

1. Started walking about half hour to an hour a day in the afternoon.
I did it about the same time each day and there was a no smoking rule during this walk (hadn't quit yet tho). Exercise, including walking creates mood enhancing hormones that help curb cravings. Walking became a turn-to tool once I actually did quit. By sticking to the walk each day, it begins a psychological commitment to quitting before you even begin.

2. About the same time I started walking, I made a doctor's appointment and got a prescription of Bupropion so I would have it when I was ready to begin.
Bupropion is an antidepressant (think Zyban, but generic) that has a high success rate for people trying to quit smoking.

3. After two weeks of walking, and two weeks before 'quit day', I started taking Bupropion.

4. Quit day I quit, to never smoke again. No tapering off or anything.
I started the patch. I went through the whole patch series, starting at my nicotine level. I went two weeks on each level except for the last one (one week). By the end of that, my prescription was over and I was done smoking. I kept one pill that I always have with me. It's my in case of emergency break glass pill.

I still have times when I want a smoke. Like before we go into a restaurant and I know they don't allow smoking in there. hehe Leftover thoughts from being a smoker. I havent had cravings but my mind sure has. Nicotine is an evil bitch.
If you think it's not bad, she's been whispering to your brain.

If you are even considering quitting smoking, just do it. It's not as scary as it seems it will be. It's gross and it's costly. Just think how much you could save for something fun like a trip or new pc toys, or even just that extra pocket cash. You only have to do it once and then you are done. Never have to quit again.

And if you need more reasons. Everyone knows that smoking can give you cancer. Besides that there are many other health risks (although it's more of a guarantee than a risk). If you get sick, every person you love will know that you were aware of the risks, and didn't care enough about the people you love to tell nicotine to get lost. Don't be weak. You are stronger than her, no matter what she's told you.

Yeah I know. The worst non smoker is always an ex-smoker. :D

But if it even pushes one person a little closer towards quitting, it was worth the typing.

Mara

Knight

If nothing else, I think that people should revolt and stop paying vice taxes, when the government doesn't use all the money to give back and care for the people they extort from. Bastards.

DeViiaNt

Knight

I smoked throughout my teenage years starting at 13, quit when I was 19 for about a year. During some of that year I'd only smoke when drinking because that's typically what makes you smoke more and crave it more. I did really good for a while and for some reason, had a drastic urge to smoke one last time right before turning 21. I felt guilty as hell for doing it.. but it happened. Needless to say, have never smoked since then and I have zero desire. I didn't use any patches, prescriptions, gum, nada. Cold turkey all the way. I don't miss it at all, either. Just the smell of smoke grosses me out. I can't even stand going to a bar or wherever people smoke inside, because I absolutely hate reeking like it when I leave.

Props for trying to quit, though. Do whatever it takes.

care.face-

Sorceror

i also thought about using an e-cig, but i noticed you say you smoke camel crushes, those are lights arent they? ive smoked marlboro reds since i started smoking and admittedly i havent been a lifetime smoker, i started soon as i turned 17, and i'll be 22 in a month. im just wondering if the "burn" your saying is close to a cig is gonna let me down if im used to reds and not a light cigarette

Fides

Sorceror

care.face-;2161872 said:
i also thought about using an e-cig, but i noticed you say you smoke camel crushes, those are lights arent they? ive smoked marlboro reds since i started smoking and admittedly i havent been a lifetime smoker, i started soon as i turned 17, and i'll be 22 in a month. im just wondering if the "burn" your saying is close to a cig is gonna let me down if im used to reds and not a light cigarette

no camel crush are not 'lights' the cigarette itself is white, but the cig is full flavored (not as harsh as a cowboy killer, but still strong) and the e-cig is pretty harsh at times depending on how long u suck in for (no homo)

care.face-

Sorceror

camel crushes cant be full flavored cigs... ive smoked them without crushing the filter and they have to be lights.. its like smoking paper

Fides

Sorceror

care.face-;2161903 said:
camel crushes cant be full flavored cigs... ive smoked them without crushing the filter and they have to be lights.. its like smoking paper

nah they're full flavor man look it up :p

Puma1337

Sorceror

I used chantix to help me quit smoking and it was the only thing that worked for me. It is Wellbutrin but in a much higher dose. The way it works is that it blocks your brain from absorbing the nicotine released when smoking cigarettes so that as you increase the dose and lower your smoking (yes you smoke while quitting) your brain eventually doesn't require the nicotine anymore.

I also used e-cigs and they were a good replacement for cigarettes, but don't be fooled that they are safe because they aren't. They still have chemicals that are going into your lungs (any chemical going into your lungs besides oxygen is usually not good for you). That being said....they are much safer than cigarettes and a good start for someone who is looking to quit.

pete liv

Sorceror

We wont know what these things do to you for another 20 years, kids are running around with them like candy on halloween. Its all fucked. Dont do it