UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The E-Cigarette

Fides

Sorceror
The E-Cigarette

So I've just recently switched over to the electronic cigarette (ive smoked for years), and i must say it is almost dead on with smoking a regular cigarette. I'm amazed. I had always heard its not like the real thing etc etc. But this thing produces out a ton of "smoke" when its charged and it is hot like cig smoke and the cartridge flavor tastes exactly like a Camel Crush (thats what i smoked.)

This shit may actually work

Dexter420

Sorceror
Re: The E-Cigarette

Fides;2161112 said:
So I've just recently switched over to the electronic cigarette (ive smoked for years), and i must say it is almost dead on with smoking a regular cigarette. I'm amazed. I had always heard its not like the real thing etc etc. But this thing produces out a ton of "smoke" when its charged and it is hot like cig smoke and the cartridge flavor tastes exactly like a Camel Crush (thats what i smoked.)

E-cancer??? *lol* Give it time, someone will try to sue...

Glad u were able to quit tho man, Cigarettes are the devil.

sssuuu

Knight

Its all about cigars, if you're going to get cancer you might as well do it big.

I can't smoke regular cigarettes they just lack.

But then again I don't smoke very often like three to four times a year, big party or shindig got to go with a cigar with some nice flavor and smell...hmmm expensive but worth it.

Those E-Cigarettes I've seen before, sort of crazy. Someone who was smoking it told me that you could smoke those indoors since the smoke produced wouldn't set off the smoke detector or something like that. I haven't looked into that, but just from what I've heard from other people.

*Rides away on an emu*

WaRgAzM

Knight

Fides;2161112 said:

I have a bud who has one. he says dont waste your money on the cheap ones, they do nothing for you. go big or go home. But in his case it works great because he can feel it when he inhales. And see the smoke (vapor) afterwards. Thats all his brain needs. Not to mention a whiteout sized bottle of his suppliment is about 15 cartons worth. Hell he even went as far as to say you could smoke that thing on an airplane. I wouldnt chance it though..

Mara

Knight

I've heard some people say that a lot of the country was built on tobacco money, and that is part of why it has taken so long to start seeing alternatives (many things being controlled by the industry). I always figured that taking a pill with nicotine in it (or some other similar idea) would be way better for everyone, and it should be easy enough for chemists to do.

I stay away from smoking and drugs myself, used to have issues with allergy based trouble breathing, so I never wanted to go down that road. If I did though, I think I'd look into those vaporizer things that people use for marijuana to get all the benefits of THC without any of the smoke.

Mara;2161159 said:
I've heard some people say that a lot of the country was built on tobacco money, and that is part of why it has taken so long to start seeing alternatives (many things being controlled by the industry). I always figured that taking a pill with nicotine in it (or some other similar idea) would be way better for everyone, and it should be easy enough for chemists to do.

I stay away from smoking and drugs myself, used to have issues with allergy based trouble breathing, so I never wanted to go down that road. If I did though, I think I'd look into those vaporizer things that people use for marijuana to get all the benefits of THC without any of the smoke.

Vaporizers suck. If you were worried about not wanting to "smoke" it, cooking with it would be a lot better.

Mara

Knight

Hmm. I never tried using one, so I don't really know. In this day and age though, there has got to be a lot better ways to extract the desired chemicals and get them into your system.

a lawyer

Sorceror

Mara;2161159 said:

IMO the pills/gums largely fail because a large part of the addiction is in the physical act of smoking as well as the oral fixation that goes along with it. For the longest time after I quit smoking cigarettes i'd always have my hand resting near my mouth in one way or another. It took years to break myself of that.

I am a fairly regular cigar smoker but I don't feel the cravings I felt with cigarettes. Sure, I get massive doses of nicotine once a week or so but it's much different compared to a little bit of nicotine every hour or two.

Raez is right about vaporizers, it's not the same... although i've used some high end ones that did the trick quite well. A vaporizer is a life-saver for someone with Asthma, though. Cooking is definitely the way to go, usually via infused butter or infused oils. Anything you use with butter or oil can be a medium to get you high, provided you keep your temperatures under control. Definitely the healthiest way but the high you get from ingestion of THC is different than what you get from smoking so that should also be considered. For instance, if you smoke an almost pure sativa and compare it later to an indica the difference is incredibly pronounced. However, it seems like if you cook with one or the other the high is pretty much the same.

Mara

Knight

Yeah, good information. I haven't really looked into it at all. I just figure there could be a lot better methods, all things considered. The amount of lives lost to cigarette smoking via cancer are pretty staggering compared to some things people get all alarmed about, although I am all for complete freedom in these types of things myself. Big money to be made both in cigarette addiction and then the health care associated with it.

I've had the experience of having to constantly think to suck in air and breathe from allergy type stuff, and I know I never want to go down that road. It's no joke. Gonna be a pretty sad day when some of the folks in my family end up like that. They are headed that way for sure, unless something else gets them, of course.

Fides

Sorceror

yes if u decide to try the e-cigarette do NOT buy the cheap ones. Classmate of myn said she bought one of the cheap ones at a head shop and it sucked. But when she tried myn (myn was kindof expensive), myn is the vapormate, she said it was incredible.

And btw the e-cigarette isnt actual smoke. All it is is water vapor that looks and feels like smoke. Theres no tobacco at all...just water and nicotine. So therefore its for the most part completely healthy (nicotine really alone isnt bad for you...its a stimulant just like caffeine)

Mara;2161159 said:
I think I'd look into those vaporizer things that people use for marijuana to get all the benefits of THC without any of the smoke.

Despite most of the world who has met me believing i am always drugged up / drugged out of my mind (never have done drugs, previous job random drug tested so even if I wanted too I couldn’t, see my picture in the picture thread I was 'randomly' tested a lot)

But from the sort of folks I know who do drugs a lot of them are not really into the vaporizers for weed something about the high is a lot different and not always in a good way. You go from 15% thc from a joint to like 80+% from the vaporizer *shrug* If I would partake in marijuana I likely would just eat it, it supposedly is harder to know how high you are getting because of the digestion process but if I just put it in food i would stay a mellow high throughout the day, at least that’s how I imagine it would work out.

Xx Felipe xX;2161145 said:
idk if u smoke it, but if u do, if theres tabacco mark called Alfakker, u should buy it, its the best tabacco for hookah, or smoke weed on it, ud be high as fuck.

I don't smoke weed I don't like that type of high only trip :). and i never used a hookah :?

Mara

Knight

of no importance;2161209 said:
Despite most of the world who has met me believing i am always drugged up / drugged out of my mind (never have done drugs, previous job random drug tested so even if I wanted too I couldn’t, see my picture in the picture thread I was 'randomly' tested a lot)

But from the sort of folks I know who do drugs a lot of them are not really into the vaporizers for weed something about the high is a lot different and not always in a good way. You go from 15% thc from a joint to like 80+% from the vaporizer *shrug* If I would partake in marijuana I likely would just eat it, it supposedly is harder to know how high you are getting because of the digestion process but if I just put it in food i would stay a mellow high throughout the day, at least that’s how I imagine it would work out.

I bet the world would be a lot nicer place if people were more into marijuana anal suppositories.

Pretty funny that we have laws against things like public nudity, public intoxication and urination, but we don't really have laws against smoking. Some serious douchebag lawmakers out there. I'm all for complete freedom in such things, but that is another discussion entirely I suppose.

shindig

Sorceror

considering I spent a couple grand to quit smoking after adding up the cost of all the patches, gums and bullshit that didn't work, and eventually the prescription that did work, I think I'll stick to smoking pot. Hell, at $8 a pack it's about the same as smoking a gram a day of pot. Which at least gives you a buzz, and isn't a big deal when you're out.