UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Taming Guide

darkcatt

Wanderer
i found that 92 - 95.1 was the most painfull

i found that 92 - 95.1 was the most painfull. I took about an hour for every .75 point. 92 come on 93 (grr elite ninja, what this ronin doing here and oh look a rune beetle just freed on me). No seriously gamans are the way to go from 70 - 95 bulls are a thing of the past.

[Drakull]

Knight
The Mysterious Stranger said:
* More pointless info *
But yeah, if you have SE do Hiryus. Hiryus can take ya to 120 easy(unless you manage to get it with the 2% at GM and not gain any off it.... haha..(us with anti-macro off of course..))

Well...not that hard...I already tamed 3 real hiryus with since I arrived (2 days ago). In fact, a lesser hiryu took me a lot more effort to tame than a real hiryu (I spent like 100 tries on the lesser while I can usually tame a real one in like 12 tries).

Gains on already tamed creatures

I would just like to say I have been testing the theory that you cannot gain of an animal that was tamed by someone else. And you can.

I was at 91.7 and started taming a white wolf named Paku. Obviously already tamed before. When I finished taming him I was at 91.9.

So you CAN gain off someone else's tames.

Randy

something that is already been tamed has a taming difficulty of +5 for every time it's been tamed before. that throws the gain curve a little higher if you plan things right.

And that is exactly what I was thining, but many times over it is repeated in this thread that you cannot gain off pre-tames. And while you cannot gain off your own tames you can gain off others.

I remember years ago workingo n a Tamer on Napa Valley and using old tames to gain further than I would normally be able to gain off an animal.

Randy

Widow

Wanderer
feeding the tamer :)

was wandering if i should feed my char seems like if i dont it makes my chances to tame less there for i gain more but it just seems like i fail alot more anyone else noticed this or is it just my imagination at work :confused:

Widow said:
was wandering if i should feed my char seems like if i dont it makes my chances to tame less there for i gain more but it just seems like i fail alot more anyone else noticed this or is it just my imagination at work :confused:

Feed him why? because its not gonna make it any worse :) and maybe better?

Sharper

Wanderer
Is there a way to get to GM taming only non-violent stuff? You know... I'm a peacefull guy... (or because my tamer sucks, so I will probably die much more than gain in taming).

qweazdak

Wanderer
yes, stay on ice until the 80's or so. move to savage camp to macro ridgebacks until GM or 95 or so when you can tame either ki-rins or unicorns.

Widow

Wanderer
are the ridgebacks inside the savages camp meaning u need tribal paint to go threw? cause they arent in compassion like they usually are on osi but i havent been on osi in over a month so maybe they changed it

This entire post is only the second fastest way to GM taming.

For anyone smart enough to figure this out at least before you make all 3 of your accounts and the ability to get young status:

1) Create new character with 50 Taming and 50 Vet (the vet will be explained further down).
2) Lock all your skills minus taming and animal lore.
3) Bust your arse to GM Taming/Lore before your 40 hours is up (and remember to NOT go over the 450.0 skill points, hence why I said lock all the other skills). You can tame all those wonderful animals that usually attack you because of your CareBearLandPOSRuinTheGoodNameOfUOYoungStatus. When I started, I had a GM Tamer with 25 hours left on my Young Status (I goofed off some too).
4) Once GM, go get yourself a Hiryu, Rune Beetle, Dragon/Wyrm, and your Mares. You can tame ALL OF THEM WITHOUT THEM ATTACKING YOU! Even the Mares/Dragons won't attack when you make them furious. Now you can even be selective and find the uber pets.
5) You can't tame anything in dungeons (young status doesn't protect you there), but I found Dragons, Mares and Wyrms outside of them in Ilshenar.
6) I said 50.0 Vet for a reason, here's why... even though you won't be able to raise this skill with Young Status, it will give you a few extra stable slots (the more skill you have between taming, lore and vet, the more stables you can use). You can also do this trick with jewelry, but this helped me stuff the stables ASAP.
7) Feed all those pets the second you tame them! You have to do that to trigger the bonding timer (I had bonded mares while I was still young, sucked though, I couldn't rez em :) ).

Viola... that's the Fastest Taming Guide (Ark's is great if you weren't this smart in the first place)

pbguy434

Knight
In Delucia there are bulls.

And in Jhelom there are bulls. Scope out these two places. The Delucia cave entrance is closest to Trinsic gate. In the mountain area West of the gate.

Red Squirrel

Wanderer
Just a general taming question, is it normal for it to take over 30 animal tames before getting a 0.1 increase? I started with 50 taming and 0 animal lore. By the time I reached 50.2 animal taming, my animal lore had time to go up to like 15, is it normal for it to be so slow? And this is'nt something that can easly be macroed, and I can only play a few hours a day since I work full time, so this would take me years to GM, unless there's a trick to making it go faster, other then taming the right animals at right level.

You seem to have the same problem as i had as i started.
There seems to be a bug / inconsistence regarding pretamed animals.

If the animal you want to tame has already been tamed by somebody other the difficulty rises. Unfortunately you can start to tame a pre tamed animal for which you don't have the necessary taming but you won't get a skill up from it. You only get skill ups from pre tamed animals if you have enough taming for actually taming the pre tamed one.

Example:
Alligator 47.1 53.1 59.1 65.1

if you have 50 taming and somebody already tamed it you have no chance of gaining from it until you reach 53.1 taming.
I don't know if it's like on OSI or it is a bug.