UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Tamer builds

murzam

Sorceror
So my tamer has been necro my whole demise career because spawning is what I wanted to do. however I find that Im not psawning much since the pvp guilds seem to keep these pretty well locked down. So what should I replace necro/ss with?Iv seen plenty saying spellweaving but Im worried as predominately solo player I would never be able to achieve full focus. Any ideas or suggestions?

april0395

Sorceror
Honestly, I think unless you are wanting to go archer, you should keep the necro. Too many useful spells with necro that you would lose by dropping it, and you can try to work spellweaving into your template without losing any ss or necro.

Necro/tamer/weaver/mage is very powerful, you can solo a lot with it. @otimpyre has used the template to make fairly quick work of the Bedlam champ spawn, completely solo. Not to mention, he keeps weavers up at a Brit bank a lot, so getting a focus isn't always too difficult.

murzam

Sorceror
Honestly, I think unless you are wanting to go archer, you should keep the necro. Too many useful spells with necro that you would lose by dropping it, and you can try to work spellweaving into your template without losing any ss or necro.

Necro/tamer/weaver/mage is very powerful, you can solo a lot with it. @otimpyre has used the template to make fairly quick work of the Bedlam champ spawn, completely solo. Not to mention, he keeps weavers up at a Brit bank a lot, so getting a focus isn't always too difficult.
Thanks for the advice. I guess this is like a vetless build? Or does it maybe use jewelry for skills?Sorry Im a semi newb still, mondains legacy is still pretty new to me.

pimpineasy

Sorceror
if you have a soul stone swap for music with disco/ provo. depending on the mob your farming switch em around. For example, if your farming mobs that can spawn skele dragons or linch lords use the necro. If your gonna be fighting a mob that is more 1v1 say like balron try disco. Provo is fun for areas that have more mobs roaming.

murzam

Sorceror
if you have a soul stone swap for music with disco/ provo. depending on the mob your farming switch em around. For example, if your farming mobs that can spawn skele dragons or linch lords use the necro. If your gonna be fighting a mob that is more 1v1 say like balron try disco. Provo is fun for areas that have more mobs roaming.
Thanks, I hadnt thought about disco in awhile. I may switch that out for them and see how I like it. I mostly just farm thrasher, seems to be pretty good pure gold for no harder than it is. I guess once I can afford some gear I can branch out to more difficult monsters and areas though.

pimpineasy

Sorceror
could also try something like eval with slayer, and poison for some mobs. posion field really messes with the monsters ai.

Morcheeba

Wanderer
My Template is:
110 lore
105.9 taming
110 evalint
100 magery
50 spellweaving (for gift of life and gift of renew to heal + rez pet in combat)
115 Spiritspeak (with tome)
105 necromancy (with tome)
and I ditch the rest of the skills in med just to keep up with my lack of MR on gear although really I should have 120 eval and rest in magery/spiritspeak for max damage output.

My gear stats:
114 hp
31 stam
91 mana
100% LRC
40% LMC
2/6 fc/fcr
58 sdi
10 mr.

I can solo Lady Mel (with cu sidhe or gdrag), most spawns, paragon balron's, succubs, FULL doom rotation (with cu sidhe) and pretty much any farming mob is easy, even with a cu sidhe.

Basically the template works as 1 or 2 mobs: wraith form > magery damage spell that targets weakest resistance (if fire I hit a macro that cast's Evil Omen > Corpse skin for longer duration corpse skin)
If 3 or more mobs: Wraith form > Wither.
At spawns I keep gift of life on me and my pet permanently (cast them one after another with yourself first so when your buff drops you know your pet's has too), in Doom vs DF I keep it up on my cu sidhe but even then, its never in danger of dying as long as I dont afk or get distracted.
Use Gift of Renew + minor heal spam to "burst heal" your pet then go straight back to damage
Wraith form should stop you going oom as long as you have enough SDI + LMC and Magery + evalint puts out tonnes of damage.

EXTREMELY cheap to put a suit together for this and VERY strong solo capabilities!

murzam

Sorceror
My Template is:
110 lore
105.9 taming
110 evalint
100 magery
50 spellweaving (for gift of life and gift of renew to heal + rez pet in combat)
and I ditch the rest of the skills in med just to keep up with my lack of MR on gear although really I should have 120 eval and rest in magery/spiritspeak for max damage output.

My gear stats:
114 hp
31 stam
91 mana
100% LRC
40% LMC
2/6 fc/fcr
58 sdi
10 mr.

I can solo Lady Mel (with cu sidhe or gdrag), most spawns, paragon balron's, succubs, FULL doom rotation (with cu sidhe) and pretty much any farming mob is easy, even with a cu sidhe.

Basically the template works as 1 or 2 mobs: wraith form > magery damage spell that targets weakest resistance (if fire I hit a macro that cast's Evil Omen > Corpse skin for longer duration corpse skin)
At spawns I keep gift of life on me and my pet permanently (cast them one after another with yourself first so when your buff drops you know your pet's has too), in Doom vs DF I keep it up on my cu sidhe but even then, its never in danger of dying as long as I dont afk or get distracted.
Use Gift of Renew + minor heal spam to "burst heal" your pet then go straight back to damage
Wraith form should stop you going oom as long as you have enough SDI + LMC and Magery + evalint puts out tonnes of damage.

EXTREMELY cheap to put a suit together for this and VERY strong solo capabilities!
Thanks so much for the very detailed description, very helpful!

Morcheeba

Wanderer
Thanks so much for the very detailed description, very helpful!

If you ever wanted a chat ingame, or anymore help with the template then feel free to message me. I have some macro's and further advise (pet stats, pet choice, stat priorities etc etc) that might be useful if you do choose to go down this route.

This is a little outdated, but it's still a good reference for a tamer/weaver/necro.

http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/467398/

I have to say, although I find this really useful and a great introduction, after trying them both..... I prefer my method of using Eval int instead of full Spellweaving. You already have AoE from Necro and I know its not as much damage as Thunder but its definitely worth passing up that small amount of AoE damage to gain the capabilities to do single target dps. (Peerless, Doom, Farming mobs efficiently)

pimpineasy

Sorceror
Here is my disco tamer.
elf - 120 str 10 dex 100 int - with curse you never drop under 100 hp or mana.
Offensive spells - Mind blast & Poison Field.
+25 stat scroll on INT
104.8 taming
115 lore
110 vet
110 or 120 magery
120 music
120 disco
40 or 30 spellweaving/ Med - you can JAOT cast arcane circle
.1 tailor
.1 smith
The "or" depends on your budget; magery probably has the most benifit @ 120 you get dmg, heal increase, and no fail cast plus if your using swords of prosperity 120 weapon. This will let you run 30 med or spellweaving. but 120 magery is dumb expensive id save it for a pvp mage. Once you get +25 stat scroll you could opt for human and slightly tweak stats & skills around for the JOAT perks.
Suit
2/6>100%LRC>Luck>MR8>Resist>LMC>HPI>DCI/HCI>15% SDI
hci is probably better then sdi because i do about 17dmg on discorded mobs with my swords. it would take like 50% sdi to equal that well over pvp cap and a lot of misc artifacts.

Cant afford 120's or a good MR suit?
104.8 taming
115 lore
110 vet
110 magery
115 music
115 disco
50 med
.1 tailor
.1 smith
Suit
2/6, 100% lrc, Luck, mr2 will let you hit 1 mana per second>Resist>LMC>HPI>DCI/HCI>15% SDI
On any suit i think you wanna hit 1 mps, 1.34mps, or 1.5mps. If your not hitting those numbers its probably not worth the mod slot if you have a piece that would bump your resist or give you lmc.

Last edited:

murzam

Sorceror
Here is my disco tamer.
elf - 120 str 10 dex 100 int - with curse you never drop under 100 hp or mana.
Offensive spells - Mind blast & Poison Field.
+25 stat scroll on INT
104.8 taming
115 lore
110 vet
110 or 120 magery
120 music
120 disco
40 or 30 spellweaving/ Med - you can JAOT cast arcane circle
.1 tailor
.1 smith
The "or" depends on your budget; magery probably has the most benifit @ 120 you get dmg, heal increase, and no fail cast plus if your using swords of prosperity 120 weapon. This will let you run 30 med or spellweaving. but 120 magery is dumb expensive id save it for a pvp mage.
Suit
2/6>100%LRC>Luck>MR>Resist>LMC>DCI>HPI>15% SDI

Cant afford 120's or a good MR suit?
104.8 taming
115 lore
110 vet
110 magery
115 music
115 disco
50 med
.1 tailor
.1 smith
Thanks!

murzam

Sorceror
My Template is:
110 lore
105.9 taming
110 evalint
100 magery

My gear stats:
114 hp
31 stam
91 mana
100% LRC
40% LMC
2/6 fc/fcr
58 sdi
10 mr.

So I was looking at this post again, actually trying to set my build like this and realize you didnt mention the resist on your gear are they all 70 or does it not matter about resist since the pet does a lot of of the tanking?

Morcheeba

Wanderer
So I was looking at this post again, actually trying to set my build like this and realize you didnt mention the resist on your gear are they all 70 or does it not matter about resist since the pet does a lot of of the tanking?

I have high resists 69 65 67 70 59 in wraith form. You could get away with "moderate" resists though since your pet should be tanking 80% of the damage. If you dont have decent resists though you may find spawns like Lord Oaks more difficult because of the high chance of taking lots of mixed damaged.
For a beginner though I dont think resists are as important as 100 lrc > 28+ lmc > Spell damage increase HOWEVER (!!!!) the only 2 arties I used while starting was Pendant of Magi and Kasa of Rajin... rest was LRC Mr/LMC items with resists.

murzam

Sorceror
I have high resists 69 65 67 70 59 in wraith form. You could get away with "moderate" resists though since your pet should be tanking 80% of the damage. If you dont have decent resists though you may find spawns like Lord Oaks more difficult because of the high chance of taking lots of mixed damaged.
For a beginner though I dont think resists are as important as 100 lrc > 28+ lmc > Spell damage increase.
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure.