UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN743] Orc Helms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fandul

Knight
[READY] Orc Helms

Behavior on Demise:

Orc helms are medable
Orc helms are non-repairable
Orc helms are non-craftable

Behavior on OSI:

Orc helms are non-medable
Orc helms can be repaired
Orc helms can be crafted

Supporting Documentation: http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149347

Attachments

• Heha_6-19_20.04.jpg
    Heha_6-19_20.04.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 295
  • Orchelm2.jpg
    Orchelm2.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 292
  • Orchelm1.jpg
    Orchelm1.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 292

Kraz

AssistUO Developer
Re: Orc Helms

Confirmed, just an additional information, this item does not retain resource color when crafted.
Q: What about enhance?

TheWereWolf

Traveler
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Orc Helms

Version 1.1 Changes made:
* can't meditate with it
* can be crafted
* will not be colored when crafted or enhanced

It will need testing to see if it works as OSI.

There is people asking why people don't test.

But evidently someone should move Coder Needed Threads with patches in Testing. Then we can discuss why people don't want to test.

Athena

Account Terminated

osd_daedalus;781712 said:
There is people asking why people don't test.

But evidently someone should move Coder Needed Threads with patches in Testing. Then we can discuss why people don't want to test.

Yes, because there's nothing else to test, right? I missed this one while I was on vacation, moving to testing.

alllex

Knight
Re: [TESTING] Orc Helms

but. If Cant No-Med, Does mage armor apply to this item? Cause Im 100% sure on demise ive never seem a mage armor orc helm ..

Bama

Bug Huntress

alllex;781860 said:
but. If Cant No-Med, Does mage armor apply to this item? Cause Im 100% sure on demise ive never seem a mage armor orc helm ..
They are coded wrong on demise thats why a bug report was made.If they were coded properly you would see some that had the mage armor property on them

TheWereWolf

Traveler

alllex;781860 said:

Now that it is a "no med" item it can have the mage armor property.

Seer Athena;781738 said:
Yes, because there's nothing else to test, right?

It is not an issue of how many things are in testing. It is instead an issue of why people don't want to test. I know some people actually left Demise at all (like me), and I think I can understand why they don't want to test, even if I can't talk for them.

Most important, I have my reasons why I don't want to test anymore.

Anyway, there is a reason also why I still try to code something and I like to see things with patches in the proper section, as it is described here:

osd_daedalus;776444 said:
If this is good and people care, this will go in RunUO SVN. Otherwise, it will go one day in one of the numerous RunUO forks like Callandor2k's runuomondains.

The RunUO Community always thank for the validation & coding efforts.

After all, I think we could have completely wronged the approach from the beginning: we should have accepted Mark's offer to have a new SVN repository for us, and leave RunUO to be the stable framework. Just as Jagged Alliance 2 modding: there is a stable mod which points on externalizations and stability, and it periodically merges files from other mods when they become enough stable.
On the other side, we would have had the issue of "how would we have put people to actively reporting?", so... no idea.

I recognize, though, I sounded quite harsh, that's why I apologize by doing an exception and testing this patch.
So, let's start.

-- testing procedure

Prepatch:
- spawned a pair of orc helms.

Postpatch:
- old orc helms, worn or not, will weight 5 stones now.
- they can be repaired
- they block meditation
- orc helms are craftable under the bone armor tailoring menu. The skill required is 90.0 (OK with Bama's screenshot)
- at GM skill chances are 70% success chance, 25% exceptional (not verified in OSI but if the system is like other items = 50% at minumum skill, +0.2% per 0.1 skill, then is OK)

- Crafted about 20 orc helms with 0 armslore, both normal and barbed and I got minimum durability 31, max durability 50, average 44 (IN THE SCREENSHOT WE HAVE 54 DURABILITY, should the durability seed be raised?)
- Coding wise, use tabs and NOT leading spaces or fear Mark's rage!!!!!

-- testing results

there is a doubt about durability values, and a certain "issue" about coding.
Would be good also to verify chances to craft at GM tailoring.

Bama

Bug Huntress

Osi tailoring success chances and durability ranges

Also what does this mean?
osd_daedalus;782033 said:
After all, I think we could have completely wronged the approach from the beginning: we should have accepted Mark's offer to have a new SVN repository for us, and leave RunUO to be the stable framework. Just as Jagged Alliance 2 modding:

Attachments

• A'A_9-10_06.07.jpg
    A'A_9-10_06.07.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 115
  • A'A_9-10_06.07-1.jpg
    A'A_9-10_06.07-1.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 113
  • A'A_9-10_06.08.jpg
    A'A_9-10_06.08.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 113
  • A'A_9-10_06.08-1.jpg
    A'A_9-10_06.08-1.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 112
  • A'A_9-10_06.09.jpg
    A'A_9-10_06.09.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 113
  • A'A_9-10_06.11.jpg
    A'A_9-10_06.11.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 114
  • A'A_9-10_06.11-1.jpg
    A'A_9-10_06.11-1.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 108
  • A'A_9-10_06.11-2.jpg
    A'A_9-10_06.11-2.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 106

TheWereWolf

Traveler

osd_daedalus;782033 said:
- at GM skill chances are 70% success chance, 25% exceptional (not verified in OSI but if the system is like other items = 50% at minumum skill, +0.2% per 0.1 skill, then is OK)

- Crafted about 20 orc helms with 0 armslore, both normal and barbed and I got minimum durability 31, max durability 50, average 44 (IN THE SCREENSHOT WE HAVE 54 DURABILITY, should the durability seed be raised?)
- Coding wise, use tabs and NOT leading spaces or fear Mark's rage!!!!!

The chances to craft seems to be accurate.

In the screenshot the helmet is exceptional and that increases durability, i got a helmet with 60 durability when testing.

Yea sorry about the tabs, visual studio use spaces as default setting.
I uploaded a version formatted with tabs.

TheWereWolf;782071 said:
The chances to craft seems to be accurate.

In the screenshot the helmet is exceptional and that increases durability i think, i got a helmet with 60 durability when testing.

Yea sorry about the tabs, visual studio use spaces as default setting.
I uploaded a version formatted with tabs.

OK, I retested it again and effectively I got a 58 and a 59 durability helm after about 15 exceptional helms. For a whatever reason I have thought it was easier to get that kind of durability, but at this point I believe is OK.

About leading spaces, all is OK now.

About the mage property, that is part of another report so it is not relevant for this thread.

My testing verdict: OK
. Good for the 5 day timer.

Bama;782046 said:
Also what does this mean?

I can't find logs about, much likely because I was using XChat and not HydraIRC at that time.
Anyway, about 1 year ago, at the real beginning of coding, Mark thought to give to us a SVN repository just for us amateur coders. I suggested, instead, it was better to continue to propose patch to him* to pump in RunUO so we would have had much people interested (from Demise and from RunUO)

Because I have thought the goal of RunUO was to add new features. But, maybe, if the goal of RunUO was to grant stability and code quality, it would have been better to accept the new repository.

* 1 year ago, it worked this way: one of us (usualy Gisela or Nikki) contacted Mark and proposed a cumulative patch to commit in RunUO then in Demise. Only later it happened Demise staff to organize a bug&fixes forum, and after some time Ryan nominated me as RunUO Team Member with partial writing access to the RunUO SVN.

TheWereWolf

Traveler
Re: [TESTING-TC] Orc Helms

Version 1.5

* Can no longer be dyed with a leather dye tub.

Attachments

• [Werewolf][SVN 527] Orc Helm 1.5.patch
    3.5 KB · Views: 16

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [TESTING-TC] Orc Helms

Tested on Demise TC:

Checked:
Can be crafted.
Can be enhanced (looted and crafted)
Can be made with a runic.
The amount of resources used to craft looks correct.
The skill to craft looks correct.
can not be cut up. (looted and crafted)
can not be dyed with a leather or any dye tub.
can be pigmented if a special resource type was used to enhance or make.
They are not mediable (old and new ones)
They can have the mage armour prop when crafted.
their weight is 5 stones.

I'm not sure what else to check. This all looks good to me, nice job. :)

Bile

Knight
Re: [READY] Orc Helms

Before this is implemented, I highly suggest that you make this item Repairable using the Tailoring Skill. It would make a whole lot of sense to have it come together as a bundle than being able to craft them and not repair them.

Status
Not open for further replies.