UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN716] Cu Sidhe bandaging itself and owner not working on TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SelectThis

Sorceror
Tested the Cu Sidhe's bandaging feature and it doesn't seem to be working on TC. They do not bandage themselves nor the owner when they are damaged.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
There are a few issues I see in the code:
  1. The healing code is there (in BaseCreature.cs), it's just never called, probably due to:
  2. The healing delays are all wrong. Currently it takes -3 seconds for a Cu Sidhe to finish healing itself.
  3. The Cu Sidhe will attempt to resurrect its owner, but there is no code handling it. Therefore, it never succeeds, yet it keeps on trying.
Issue 1 is easily fixed by calling it in the OnThink() function. Issues 2 and 3 however requires some OSI information. Do Cu Sidhes (or creatures in general) have their own formula for heal delays? If so, what is it? And can they, in fact, resurrect their owners?

It also appears the time between heal attempts depends on the owner's current health. Less health means more healing attempts. Is this correct? This results in, for example, the Cu Sidhe healing itself faster if its control master is injured. That sounds like an issue to me.

The Cu Sidhe will also always attempt to heal itself before healing its control master.

Edit:
From the UOGuide article:
It can not ressurect you (confirmed by a dev member), although it will try anyways.

I guess that part is correct!

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I'm almost done fixing most of the healing issues. However, some other questions came up to which I could not find answers in the other thread. If anyone is able to answer any of these, please post! (They should be easy to test on OSI.)
  1. Does getting healed by your Cu Sidhe reveal you? In the current SVN code, it does. The Cu Sidhe is not revealed unless it heals itself. In my patch, currently, I have the Cu Sidhe revealing any time it heals, and it reveals you when it tries to heal you.
  2. Can the Cu Sidhe heal you when it's invisible? Currently, it can, and it would reveal the Cu Sidhe.
  3. Can the Cu Sidhe heal you when you're not in its line of sight, but within the 2 tile range? In the SVN code, it could. In my current patch, it requires line of sight as well.
  4. When the Cu Sidhe is recovering from healing you (30 second delay between attempts), can it still heal itself in the meantime? In my current patch, it will heal itself in the meantime.
  5. Do the heal delays not scale with dexterity at all? From the thread reports I have taken 6.5 seconds as a fixed heal delay, dexterity does not affect it.
  6. Does the Cu Sidhe have a resurrect heal delay? In the patch it currently takes 6.5 + 5.0 seconds to attempt a resurrection (a resurrect delay is applied).
  7. Can the Cu Sidhe stop bleeding? Currently, it can.
  8. Can the Cu Sidhe stop the Mortal Strike wounded status? Currently, it cannot.
  9. Can it heal itself and the owner simultaneously? Currently, it cannot. It will heal the owner and itself interchangeably, but no two healing attempts will be going at the same time.
  10. Can it heal while pacified? In the patch it will not be able to. There were no checks for this before.
  11. Does it heal itself when wounded/bleeding right away or only when hits are lost? In the patch it will wait for its hitpoints to go below 78% before healing. It does heal itself right away when it's poisoned though.
  12. Does the bandage sound play when cure fails? It didn't in the SVN code, but I've added this because it would make more sense.
  13. Does a Cu Sidhe owned by a red player go criminal when healing its master? I initially added this (through calling the DoBeneficial handler), but decided to leave that out until it's confirmed. This could cause guardwhacks for red players.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Here's the first patch fixing the Cu Sidhe healing. It's a BaseCreature.cs patch, as the CanHeal and CanHealOwner values are handled there. The questions in the post above are still open, and I've currently implemented them using personal judgment.

Changes:
  • Heal Distance
    The Cu must be within 2 tiles to start the "attempt to heal" the owner
    Once the Cu is trying to heal, the Cu and owner must both be on the same screen.The distance between the 2 does not matter once the attempt is underway.The Cu does not follow the same rules as a tamer must with vet.
    Fixed. It will start healing within a 2 tile range, and will finish healing if you remain on screen (the exact range is RangePerception, which is 16 tiles). The Cu Sidhe will also require line of sight to start healing, but it does not require line of sight to finish it. CanBeBeneficial() checks have also been added to prevent the Cu Sidhe from healing players in combat restricted/tournament areas.
  • Heal Skill Gain
    Cu gaining in the healing skill after 90.0 is done in 2 ways

1.Discording it and it will gain as it did to 90.0 and keeping it discorded you can get it to 100.0
    2.The Cu healing poison like that of rotten corpses will get it to 100.0 healing
    Fixed. Regular healing and healing poison lower than Lethal will only raise healing to 90.0. Curing lethal poison will raise it to 100.0. Discording the Cu Sidhe works too.
  • Heal Triggers
    System works like this when it heals itself;
    > Bandage starts IF it's HP < %78-80 OR poisoned
    > Continue bandagingitself UNTIL it's HP = %100 AND OR poison cured
    > Start bandaging again IF it's HP < %78-80 OR poisoned
    System works like this when it healsmaster;
    > Bandage starts IF master's HP < %78
    > Continue bandaging UNTIL master's HP > %78
    > Start bandaging again IF master's HP < %78
    NOTE: It will not continue healing master until %100 HP. Also, it will not bandage master even when master is poisoned and HP is not lower than %78. So, there is only 1 trigger here it seems master's hit points %. It starts bandaging and also stops bandaging.
    Fixed. The Cu Sidhe starts bandaging itself when its hitpoints drop below 78% or when it's poisoned. It continues to heal itself until it reaches 100%. It only heals its master when the master's hitpoints are below 78%.
  • Heal Delays
    For the heal times it is somewhere between 6 and 7 seconds for both itself and the owner
    Fixed. The delay is now 6.5 seconds for both healing itself and its master, regardless of stats/skills.
  • Heal Intervals
    The Cu heals its self continuously as I showed in my other post.Roughly every 6-7 seconds it would heal.I don't think it has any delay in between when it is healing itself.

4) As you can see on below pics, there is a delay time between each heal attemps (when curing/healing owner) it's 30 seconds. Also tested without poison, there is no difference, period is still 30 seconds.
    Fixed. No delay between healing attempts when it's healing itself, and a 30 second delay between owner healing attempts. As said in my previous post, while it's waiting for the owner heal delay, it can still heal itself. No two healing attempts will be in progress at once.
  • Heal Sounds
    The heal sound is now always played when a heal attempt finishes, even when unsuccessful.
  • Revealing Action
    There are no posts to back this up yet. In the existing code the Cu Sidhe was revealed only when healing itself, and it revealed the owner only when healing the owner. (Meaning it could heal the owner while staying hidden.) Currently, it will reveal when healing anyone, and it also reveals the owner when it's healing the owner.
  • Healing while Pacified
    The existing heal code allowed for healing while pacified, this is now disabled.
Remaining issues:
  • The backpack containing bandages is not dropped yet. It sounds like a regular tamed creature release backpack, but according to posts it can appear at odd moments, like after a corpse decays. I left this alone for now. (link)
  • Max HP should be 600? It seems like the stats and hitpoints for a Cu Sidhe differ from UOGuide and UO Stratics. (link)
  • A Cu Sidhe should not gain the Meditation skill. (link)
  • The Bleed attack should use 12-13 mana. (link)

Attachments

• BaseCreature-Healing.patch
    8.5 KB · Views: 11

Bama

Bug Huntress
Remaining issues:
  • The backpack containing bandages is not dropped yet. It sounds like a regular tamed creature release backpack, but according to posts it can appear at odd moments, like after a corpse decays. I left this alone for now. (link)
  • Max HP should be 600? It seems like the stats and hitpoints for a Cu Sidhe differ from UOGuide and UO Stratics. (link)
  • A Cu Sidhe should not gain the Meditation skill. (link)
  • The Bleed attack should use 12-13 mana. (link)
There shouldn't be any regular tamed release backpacks
On RUN/UO servers if you tame a unicorn and release it,it drops a blue backpack containing gold pieces.If you open the backpack and take the gold the backpack disappears
That doesn't happen on osi
I believe that the blue backpack that a Cu leaves after its corpse decays will only appear if that Cu was not tamed at the time of it's death

On osi..........
........... you are farming Cu's to get a Cu to spawn with good stats or a nice color (geeze)
You tame a Cu you are not going to keep but are going to use it to kill another Cu and/or the Para Cu to keep the spawn going
As your Cu starts to get about half life you release it
It dies and at the time of it's death it was not tamed it was wild because you released it
When the corpse becomes public you can loot the corpse.You can loot everything that is in there but there won't be any bandages in there.
Once the corpse decays a blue backpack appears with bandages in it.If you loot the bandages the blue backpack disappears
If you do not release that Cu before it dies you can loot the corpse and when the corpse decays nothing will appear
The only other time a backpack appears is when a pack animal that had item(s) in its pack goes wild

If you see a tamed/bonded Cu on osi with more than 600 HP that Cu was either blessed or had strength cast on it.Max HP for a Cu once tamed is 600

Cu's do not gain in meditation

Bleed attack from what I have seen is as you stated

Karma loss from killing Cu's
The only time you lose karma from killing a Cu is when you kill one that has never been tamed.

One more thing
These RUN/UO Cu's make 2 sounds when you tell them to kill and they will not move to go kill (causing a delay) until just about the end of the second sound.First they growl and then they bark/yelp
I believe that there should only be 1 sound
1 sound is to let you know they obeyed the command the other sound is to let you know they disobeyed the command
Just like other pets have

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
Karma loss from killing Cu's
The only time you lose karma from killing a Cu is when you kill one that has never been tamed.
I seem to remember this going for other pets as well. It may be safe to assume that karma is always reset to 0 when taming an animal.

These RUN/UO Cu's make 2 sounds when you tell them to kill and they will not move to go kill (causing a delay) until just about the end of the second sound.First they growl and then they bark/yelp
I believe that there should only be 1 sound
1 sound is to let you know they obeyed the command the other sound is to let you know they disobeyed the command
Just like other pets have
I have noticed that this pause doesn't just happen for cu sidhes. Try a hiryu, for example, and you'll see the same thing. I don't think this is a cu sidhe issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.