UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN514][Copern] Missing Necromancy Potions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [TESTING-TC] [Copern] Missing Necromancy Potions

Seer Athena;690787 said:
I've just been on OSI with Xavier, both of us are seeing 2 half circles for both types.

come in the TC then, I'll be there.
Copern, do you come too?

Xavier

Account Terminated

Heres one of MANY captures, it shows almost 1/4 of a second between the two bursts.

I think you guys who are always seeing whole circles are the ones who are lagged. The packets get backed up, and then the client displays them all at the same time.

Attachments

• pot.JPG
    pot.JPG
    244.9 KB · Views: 123

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] [Copern] Missing Necromancy Potions

Sorry if i am missing something but why is this in dev? Havn't all the questions asked been proven osi like and the freeze fixed?

Copern

Sorceror

I haven't added Xaviers modification to the IPooledEnumerable and he's probably too busy to re-add it himself since the server script rebuild. Might be why it's back In Dev. That and I want to see if I can improve upon the geometry stuff.

Copern

Sorceror

Finally had some time to work on this. Added Xavier's mod and improved geometry code.

Attachments

• necropots-SVN502.patch
    32.1 KB · Views: 5
Re: [TESTING NEEDED] [Copern] Missing Necromancy Potions

I believe someone who actually has seen half circles in OSI can test this: since I see full circles the most, I'm not indicated for testing this... unless you buy me a new notebook with a better videocard ;)

My tests in RunUO private distro:

- conflagration potions:

The damage table is correct and dependant by alchemy skill and enhance potions. The kind of damage is fire.

Difference between conflag and greater conflag is in base damage

You can't burn in your own fire

You can't harm blues or greens in Trammel or Fel, nor yellow (NPCs).

You can't harm grey players in Trammel.

You can harm people in Fel only in these conditions, which are same as explosion potion:
EvilChild;567342 said:
if you are blue

explosion potions will damage red and grey players

if you are grey

explosion potions will hit grey or red players

if you are red

explosion potions will hit all players, red grey or blue

They will not hit players who are guilded, partied, allied or otherwise immune to area of effect spells and aggressive summons regardless of what color they are.

You are correctly flagged when a player is harmed.

You can throw them in city. In Tram they shouldn't harm anyone, while in Fel rules are as above, with risk to be guardwhacked.

I'd say all of this is OK.

- confusion blast potions

At explosion, I see like 2 halved circles. That's OK (strange thing is in OSI I see like 1 full circle most of times, but who has better hardware than me sees 2 halved circles)

Difference between confblast and greater confblast is in range. Both return a short amount of time of a sorta of "area peacemake" effect

Nothing like skills or mods can have an effect on their power or else.

The "peacemake" effect is always working, no matter if you have 0 music skill or if the target is "area peace immune" (tried against various gauntlet bosses and darkfathers)

They have no effect against players.

OK also here.

- both

Delays are correct.

they can be poured and correctly recovered from potion kegs. Labels are correct.

- crafting

You can craft them with necromancy reagents. Reagents and skill required are OK as per Stratics and OSI tests.

Alchemy is required. Necromancy is not required.

Conclusions:

is all OK.

If we really want to search the little imperfection, I can say:

- if you spawn a potion keg, and you use [props on it, and then click on Type, you are able to select Mask of Death potions. Then, if you fill bottles, you will have Nightsight potions instead.

This is IMHO a collateral effect due to the fact we had to include Mask of Death potions in the enum (proposed in a Publish Candidate in OSI TC and never went in production shards) to make keg labels to work correctly. If we delete Mask of Death from enum, then you have "Mask of Death kegs" when you fill the keg with confusion blasts!

The fact you have nightsight is because Conflag, ConfBlast (and I think also Mask of Death) use same ItemID of Nightsight potion, as verified in OSI. They are like "overriden nightsight"
This means also that, even if Razor can recognize them in counters because it can distinguish them by color, Razor Macros will consider all of them as "black potion", since it works only on ItemIDs, making a macro pick randomly between these potions.

ProFF7

Wanderer

what is the status of this one? its been ages since it got first implemented, and its SE so it should be a priority.

btw some little things to add.

- resulting flames are affected by line of sight.

- if a target stays inmovile on the fire field, it takes about 1 dmg tick every second. If the target runs thru the fire field, it takes damage on every tile stepped instantly. the flames dont dissapear if some1 steps on them.

ProFF7;710928 said:
what is the status of this one? its been ages since it got first implemented, and its SE so it should be a priority.

testing, no? If no one tests, it can be here for ages but it will never be moved (general rule)

ProFF7;710928 said:

- if a target stays inmovile on the fire field, it takes about 1 dmg tick every second. If the target runs thru the fire field, it takes damage on every tile stepped instantly. the flames dont dissapear if some1 steps on them.

Good catch. For the truth I don't remember anymore how it should be in OSI... :-/

Looks like damage is working like solen and kappa acid: before it was almost a damage for tick, but it was causing crashes.

ProFF7

Wanderer

osd_daedalus;710980 said:
testing, no? If no one tests, it can be here for ages but it will never be moved (general rule)

I entered the test center yesterday with the purpose of testing that and many other things. I had the hope to craft some conflags and compare its behavior with OSI. but guess what, they are not even available for test on the TC.. =/

ProFF7;711058 said:
I entered the test center yesterday with the purpose of testing that and many other things. I had the hope to craft some conflags and compare its behavior with OSI. but guess what, they are not even available for test on the TC.. =/

yep, TC staff is quite busy so your best way now is to check for yourself by setting up a private RunUO distro.
Instructions: http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121566

psz

Administrator

[TESTING NEEDED] means it needs to be tested any way possible

[TESTING-TC] (or similar) means it's on the TC as well.

Copern

Sorceror

ProFF7;710928 said:

osd_daedalus said:
Good catch. For the truth I don't remember anymore how it should be in OSI... :-/

To be honest I don't know how it works on OSI either. I only completed the circle stuff, the others did the rest (I assumed it was OSI like). Have further OSI info on this Pro?

ProFF7

Wanderer

From my direct comparison on OSI vs Demise Test center..

- General behaviour and graphics seems correct

- Damage seems correct

- duration of flames seems the same on both

- If something, delay of flames appearing after throwing seemed a bit longer on Demise TC than in OSI. but its a matter of miliseconds so I cant be sure, and could be influenced by lag differences.

Ill post later when I test further

EvilChild

Knight

One thing I noticed

If you have a stack of any of the new potions they will be called for example:

2 A Greater Conflagration Potion

It seems like the "A" shouldn't be there.

A single greater explo pot is "Greater Explosion Potion" where a stack is "20 Greater Explosion Potion."

It just seems odd to have "20 A Greater Confusion Potion."

Status
Not open for further replies.