UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Word of Death as OSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gisela

Bug Hunter
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Spellweaving as OSI

The linked report looks invalid.

I've tested this fix and it works fine. I see no reason why this should be deferred.

Gisela;608489 said:
I've tested this fix and it works fine. I see no reason why this should be deferred.

You know, I believe lots of people will be pissed if they have not a way to get a better focus when this will be implemented.

The Arcane Circle thing I suggest is meant to be a way, according to what LC said, "not to splat an ugly arcane circle in WBB just for the functionality". It's not a bug, it's a way to build the system that would help much.

Otherwise, splat an arcane circle over there and open Prism of Light.

edit: oh, noticed either Xavier said in various OSI shards the circle there gives only a +5 focus, not a +6. Well, if you don't want just to splat an arcane circle, but to have a nice pentagram that acts as an arcane circle (combinining beauty and functionality), my linked report should be considered as valid.

edit2:.... looks like an arcane circle got splatted in Demise WBB. Ok then, at this point this WoD fix can be undeferred.

Gisela

Bug Hunter

Strange, "a lot of people will be pissed" hasn't mattered until now ;p

SOMEONE IN THE SECRET CABAL HAS A SPELLWEAVER?

Gisela;608522 said:
Strange, "a lot of people will be pissed" hasn't mattered until now ;p

SOMEONE IN THE SECRET CABAL HAS A SPELLWEAVER?

yeah me! Infact if you read well there is a secret line of code "if (Caster.Name != Daedalus)" :D

seriously, now that it's proven arcane circles in OSI WBB won't give level 6 focuses, and someone just splat an arcane circle on the pentagram... who cares ;)
I say it's ready and well tested :)

psz

Administrator

It's just a regular Arcane Circle Addon.

No new code or anything.

I just thought it was more fitting AND more visually appealing ;->

Gisela

Bug Hunter

Ahem

Why is this marked [coder needed] in the unhandled reports section when it has been coded and tested and imo is ready?

Gisela;610814 said:
Ahem

Why is this marked [coder needed] in the unhandled reports section when it has been coded and tested and imo is ready?

I was saying the same question, but I realized it's tested only about the "pitful damage", not about the "powerful damage". Someone in OSI should grab an arcane focus and try it. It's to verify if it is (300 - resists) or if it's dependant by target HP.

Athena

Account Terminated

I'll go on OSI tomorrow and try to answer the questions daedalus has, until then I'll mark this as verification needed and move depending on my results.

Gisela

Bug Hunter
Re: [VERIFICATION NEEDED] Spellweaving as OSI

Thanks.. I'm trying to help move things along (and yes I would really like to see this change, sue me :p )

Athena

Account Terminated

This one was difficult to test (on OSI the final damage done that causes death always shows the hit points the target had left and not the base damage of what you use). It appears to me that is it a base damage of 300 or if the number of hit points left on the target is below 300 it will deal the total number of hit points they have left to be able to kill them.

SRC Athena;612389 said:
This one was difficult to test (on OSI the final damage done that causes death always shows the hit points the target had left and not the base damage of what you use). It appears to me that is it a base damage of 300 or if the number of hit points left on the target is below 300 it will deal the total number of hit points they have left to be able to kill them.

So it should be ready.

The fact about not to deal damage over the hit points of the target should be checked also for other way of damage (magery/necro/sw spells, melee combat...), that's because it can influence the amount of life/mana/stam leeched.

Athena

Account Terminated

You definately cannot do damage over the targets hit points on OSI but that is a seperate issue.

Setting this to testing.

Gisela

Bug Hunter
Re: [TESTING] Spellweaving as OSI

The code has not changed since I tested and ok'd it one week ago.

Gisela

Bug Hunter
Re: [READY] Spellweaving as OSI

osd_daedalus;567168 said:
Word of Death [fix] [needs testing]

• The huge chaos (= random) damage blast should happen only when the monster is under a certain health percentage (see http://www.uoguide.com/Word_of_Death)
  • the "pitful" damage is not so little like in RunUO (what I know is it's just different than OSI)
  • it should be influenced by SDI
I think we forgot this:
Slayer spellbooks do not enhance damage caused by Word of Death.
If UOGuide is correct, the fix is very simple (copy/paste from Harm)

public override double GetSlayerDamageScalar( Mobile target )
{
return 1.0; //This spell isn't affected by slayer spellbooks
}

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [READY] Spellweaving as OSI

I can confirm that WoD is not affected by slayer damage, I'm going to set this back to testing until someone can confirm if this script is affected by slayer damage or not.

Gisela

Bug Hunter

Thanks Athena. I was actually asking about Slayer damage, did you get a chance to check that?

Athena

Account Terminated

Gisela;612691 said:
Thanks Athena. I was actually asking about Slayer damage, did you get a chance to check that?

I don't know what I was thinking when I posted, I've edited it now, I did test for the use of slayer damage .. *sighs* .. sorry about that.

for what I know, WoD wasn't affected by slayer damage in Demise first and I don't know why this patch should break it, this changes only some formulas :)

I can test it, though, give me some minutes...

Status
Not open for further replies.