UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Various plant bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

uome

Bug Hunter
[SVN] Various plant bugs

When testing the new plants some issues were found with the plant system.
http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showthread.php?p=580956#post580956
I thought it best to strat a new thread for them as they are not directly realated to the new plants.

Bugs:
More than one plant status gump can be opened for the same plant.

The plant status gump does not refresh, you need to close and reopen to get the plants current status.

Security levels can still be set on decorative plants.

There is no range on the plant status gump, it can be opened from several tiles away and remains open whe you move several screens away.

Needs researching:
From uoguide
It was initially decided that no coloured Peculiar plants would be available, but due to a bug which caused the Naturalist
Quest to produce nothing but coloured Peculiar Cactus plants,
Publish 56 will make both standard and peculiar plants available from the same quest

Copern

Sorceror
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Various plant bugs

I'm curious, can you open gumps for multiple plants on OSI or can only one plant gump be open at a time period?

MalGanis

Sorceror

More than one plant status gump can be opened for the same plant.
can do that on osi.

The plant status gump does not refresh, you need to close and reopen to get the plants current status.
If you click on the gump (lets say to add some water), gump does refresh, but if you 2x click pitcher and target bowl it doesn't.

Security levels can still be set on decorative plants.
You can set security on osi.

There is no range on the plant status gump.
There is a range check on osi. You must be no more than 2 tiles away to open the gump (says I can't reach that, above the head). Same rule applies if you wanna click something on gump (says Thats too far away).

Copern

Sorceror

I take it only the gump range is a valid bug. Here's a patch, being too far or out of line of sight will give the message "I can't reach that." when trying to double click the plant bowl. Any action based response on the plant gump will give the message "That is too far away." and close the gump. Opening other gump menus or opening help menus will not give the message.

Attachments

• plantuse.patch
    4.3 KB · Views: 2

MalGanis

Sorceror

Just noticed something on osi: Theres no range check for planting seeds tho.

Copern

Sorceror

I don't think I added a range check for using seeds or watering with an item. Can you use a pitcher on them from a distance?

EDIT: Range check is in the core target class. I'm just going to increase the range to 10 tiles. Is there a line of sight check when trying to plant seeds?

MalGanis

Sorceror
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Various plant bugs

Observations on osi:
- Cant 2x click seeds outside backpack (says You must have object in your backpack to use it)
- Clicking on water button on plant gump:
- if you dont have any water brings up target and says Target the container you wish to use to water the ~1_val~
- if you have water in your pack (even in sub pack) says My initial water left is xx and You soften the dirt with water.
- No LOS check.

Copern

Sorceror
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Various plant bugs

Thanks MalGanis. That "My initial water left is ~val~" sounds like a debug message that OSI forgot to take out, it certainly isn't in the clilocs either. I'm going to leave it out unless you guys want that in too.

- Seeds no longer have range or LOS checks (I realized that you could use -1 for range).
- When clicking on the water button on the plant gump it attempts to find water in your backpack first and if it doesn't it will give you a target instead.
- Changed some old SVN messages that were using strings to use cliloc data instead.

Attachments

• plantuse2.patch
    6.9 KB · Views: 13

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [TESTING-TC] Various plant bugs

Tested on Demise TC:

Seeds have no range check.
Seeds have to be in your pack to use them.
The plant gump has a range check.
Watering using the watter button in the gump works ok.

Checked a few other things and i couldn't break it, so it looks good to me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.