UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] The Step before Stealth Checks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sly-demise

Sorceror
[SVN] The Step before Stealth Checks

Type: Possible Bug (OSI tests needed)

Basic Description: The step just before a stealth check considers the player as hiding even if stealth mode has already been entered.

Way to experience:
Hide and go into stealth. Count the number of steps you can take before a new next stealth check is made. Take that number of steps minus 1 step and try to shadowjump.

Detailed Description: The Shadowjump spell only works when you are in stealth mode so using it at 0 steps, when only having activated the Hiding skill, is not possible. If you hide and move, a stealth check will be made at the first step you take but also everytime you run out of stealth steps (a number which depends on your stealth skill). The problem is that the last step before each new stealth check sends the character back into hiding mode, as if he were back at 0 steps.

Links: None

Code: None

Hilde

Page
Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] The Step before Stealth Checks

Do you have to be in stealth mode to cast a Shadow Jump, or is it enough if you are hidden (as if the jump is your first stealth step/check)?

http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=90 does not clearly say that you have to be stealthing before you can take a jump and uoguide/stratics can be interpreted in a few ways....

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Hilde;614370 said:
Do you have to be in stealth mode to cast a Shadow Jump, or is it enough if you are hidden (as if the jump is your first stealth step/check)?

http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=90 does not clearly say that you have to be stealthing before you can take a jump and uoguide/stratics can be interpreted in a few ways....

You must be in stealth mode to use this ability.Not just hidden not just invisible but in stealth mode.

Hilde

Page

I.P.Knightly;614376 said:
You must be in stealth mode to use this ability.Not just hidden not just invisible but in stealth mode.

OK. Will try to fix this.

SRC Athena;614378 said:

No, it is for the stealth check AFTER the jump. This bug report is for the stealth check BEFORE you do the jump.

Athena

Account Terminated

Ok, setting this one to in development

Hilde

Page
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] The Step before Stealth Checks

This patch also fixes a bug in the stealth check AFTER the Shadow Jump (the other thread was closed, etc). The bug: even if you could not jump to the target location (blocked, etc) a stealth check was made. With this fix a stealth check is only made when you actually jump to the target location.

Now to the main part.
This patch fixes the wrong stealth check before you do a Shadow Jump if your AllowedStealthSteps is 0. I did not add the IsStealthing variable to the Server.Mobile but added comments that they should be moved there.

Attachments

• ShadowJumpStealthCheck.patch
    3.1 KB · Views: 6
Re: [TESTING] The Step before Stealth Checks

Tested:

put in stealth mode without doing a step (hiding + stealth button after 10 secs) and used shadowjump: now I can.
Same thing about the last step before the check: if a new check is at the 13th step, I can do 12 steps and perform a shadowjump.

You can cast invisibility and go in stealth and perform a shadowjump. It's OK because you are revealed when invisibility is expired.

If you are revealed while stealthing, you can't perform a shadowjump.

No other ideas how to break this, so it's OK for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.