UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Summoned Daemon: wrong bodyvalue and missing effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SVN] Summoned Daemon: wrong bodyvalue and missing effect

Demise: summoned daemon has bodyvalue 9 (the same as a normal daemon)
OSI: it has bodyvalue 10. Plus, it does an effect like 2 clouds when summoned.
docs: tested on OSI TC, video attached

The fix for bodyvalue is hyper easy, but I ask someone to fix both of those :)

Here's to you a video. This time I used Camstudio, still working to discover a better codec setting. (I hope RunUO Dev Team will fix RPV playback, NOW it would be useful)

Attachments

• daemon.rar
    481.7 KB · Views: 32
Re: Summoned Daemon: wrong bodyvalue and missing effect

Phoenix_Smasher7;627800 said:
Ugh..Can't repair the archive.

RunUO network handles badly archives: usually with a download manager like Orbit you can download them correctly.

Anyway, this should be downloaded well. Just delete the fake .doc extension.

Attachments

• daemon.avi.doc
    620 KB · Views: 25

Interesting.Do they still say that *x decided that they are better off without master* thing? Huh. Alright lets see if i can get the effect thing working this time :)

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Phoenix_Smasher7;627805 said:
Interesting.Do they still say that *x decided that they are better off without master* thing? Huh. Alright lets see if i can get the effect thing working this time :)

They no longer say that on Demise when you release a pet

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Summoned Daemon: wrong bodyvalue and missing effect

Moved to development.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Phoenix_Smasher7;627808 said:
Well I know they don't say but I think they should say if they say that on OSI.

I agree with you they should say it if they do say it on OSI.You still get that message when you release a pet on OSI you no longer get that message when you release a pet on Demise.

Well I think it goes to BaseAI where I included my hireling release message.If every creature says that it should be pretty easy to include it right away.

Anyway here's the patch.Though I noticed that effect will stay under the deamon.I don't know how to change their order :(

Attachments

• DaemonBodyValue.patch
    1.7 KB · Views: 9

Phoenix_Smasher7;627805 said:

Yes, in OSI it happens every time you release a summon, but I haven't verified all of them... I'm sure about Summon Creature and Summon Daemon.

It would be another kind of fix, since it would involve summons in general and not only daemons.

Hmm...I've been trying to add that.For it to display properly deletion of summoned creature must delay.I'll include it on another thread.So far the deamon issue should be covered now.

Ret

Wanderer
Re: [TESTING-TC] Summoned Daemon: wrong bodyvalue and missing effect

TC Body Value on this looks correct, it shows up as 10.

However...
On the Demise TC the smoke puffs are Under the Daemon, so you cant really see them.
The video posted by OSD_deadlus smoke puffs can be seen very clearly on top of the summon.
Not sure if that's important.

Also, the video posted shows the summon saying "Name appears to have decided it is better off without a master". The Demise TC does not say this currently. I understand that may be a seperate issue.

Athena

Account Terminated

Here's a new patch with the particle effect in the right place, I've updated the TC with the new patch.

With regard to the release message, it does affect all pets & controllable summons so it should be considered a seperate fix. Please test this again!

Attachments

• DaemonBodyValueNew.patch
    1.7 KB · Views: 9

Ret

Wanderer

Tested on Demise TC.
Body value is correct and smoke puffs are correct.

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [READY-TC] Summoned Daemon: wrong bodyvalue and missing effect

New patch with core AoS check because the new bodyvalue came in with AoS.

Attachments

• SummonDaemonAoSCheck.patch
    1.7 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.