UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Scroll of Transcendence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Missing Feature] [Needs Testing] Scroll of Alacrity

Callandor2k;581290 said:
Oh and all looks good in that diff file except for one thing.

The Powerscroll.cs and StatScroll.cs patches are missing the Scroll of Transcendence edit. It's in the Scroll of Alacrity just not in the other two. All three should have the code in red......

if (firstStage)
{
from.CloseGump(typeof(StatCapScroll.InternalGump));
from.CloseGump(typeof(PowerScroll.InternalGump));
//from.CloseGump(typeof(ScrollofTranscendence.InternalGump)); //to uncomment when Scrolls of Trascendence will be implemented
from.CloseGump(typeof(ScrollofAlacrity.InternalGump));
from.SendGump(new InternalGump(from, this));
}

Thanks for adding the GPL btw.

oh... well, I'll add it as a placeholder. Thanks for the note :)

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [Testing Needed] Scroll of Transcendence

SOT testing notes.
I have been testing the version posted just above.

SOT testing notes.

According to what i have heard and what i have read the drop rate seems pretty accurate. :)
Group testing still needed and any more info from osi is appreciated. I'll get some specific numbers later after more testing.
The average drop rate seems to be about three scrolls per spawn, on one occasion i got no scrolls and others sometimes more. This has been checked by myself doing solo spawns with uber gear on a gm and a player acc and also some group testing has been done with up to seven people at the spawns.
The drop rate is good at 0.001 :)

I deleted all the code relating to scrolls of alacrity for this test.

Bugs:
The display format for sot's with a value of 1 skill point should not be "1 skill points" as shown in the picture, it should be "1.0 skill points" (had this checked on osi)

Protection should work for sot's, allough 105 scrolls arn't mentioned i would assume it applies for them too since it does for the other power scrolls recieved. If anyone can find info on that it would be apprteciated.
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=114865
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1062137
The Virtue of Protection applies on Scrolls of Transcendence in Felucca only.
http://www.uoguide.com/Scroll_of_Transcendence
In Felucca, players will have a chance of receiving both 105 Powerscrolls or Scrolls of Transcendence. The Virtue of Justice's Protection applies on Scrolls of Transcendence in Felucca only.

The 105 scrolls are not cursed and can be insured, see picture. I think i remeber reading somewhere back in this thread that they should be cursed.

View attachment 14933

Looking at the picture on uoguide (link above) the hue seems to be a little lighter than the one on this version.
If someone could check the hue or grab it from osi that would be appreciated.
i'm more convinved it's 0x490, 1168 instead of what it is now.

I just had it confirmed by daedalus, the hue should be 0x490 :cool:

Attachments

• sot's.JPG
    sot's.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 98

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [Testing Needed] Scroll of Transcendence

All i can see wrong with this is what i have listed above, sorry it's taken so long.

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [TESTING] Scroll of Transcendence

Is anyone still working on this? I see it still needs work. If more information is needed before you can proceed just post it here and I will see what I an do to get it for you from OSI.

SRC Athena;590281 said:
Is anyone still working on this? I see it still needs work. If more information is needed before you can proceed just post it here and I will see what I an do to get it for you from OSI.

Here is what I have. I have modified the ChampionSpawn.cs and ScrollofTranscendence to reflect the Justice protector, hue and name changes.

Please give this a run through to verify it's functionality and it's validity.

This is based off the Current SVN 346 files.

Attachments

• Scroll of Transcendence.cs.diff
    18.6 KB · Views: 3

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Scroll of Transcendence

Thanks for the new version but this dosn't compile.
In championSpawn.cs it looks like there is a stray } in line 610 that needs deleting
and in line 594 change "if ( m_Kills > kills )" to "if ( m_Kills > Kills )"

After doing that it has compiled so i'll start looking through it.

uome

Bug Hunter

Hmm just crashed, maybe the changes i did above to get it to compile messed it up?

I had 2 clients conected, 1 hiding at the alter of baracoon protecting the other who was fighting the spawn.

Code:
Mobiles: 3377
Items: 106139
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Engines.CannedEvil.ChampionSpawn.OnSlice()
   at Server.Engines.CannedEvil.SliceTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

*EDIT* The hue and display format look good :)

uome;594362 said:
Thanks for the new version but this dosn't compile.
In championSpawn.cs it looks like there is a stray } in line 610 that needs deleting
and in line 594 change "if ( m_Kills > kills )" to "if ( m_Kills > Kills )"

After doing that it has compiled so i'll start looking through it.

This section should look like this.

Code:
                if ( m_Kills > kills )
                    InvalidateProperties();
That is the way it is in SVN files. I never changed that.

And oops. Ya I didn't get that removed. Here is new file.

I'll give it a run through again. See if I can get it to crash.

uome

Bug Hunter

Ty that one compiles and i havn't managed to crash it yet :)

But at first glance protection dosn't seem to be working, I'll see if can find anything else and let you know.

SRC Athena;590281 said:
If more information is needed before you can proceed just post it here and I will see what I an do to get it for you from OSI.

Can you check please about 105 scrolls, are they cursed/wondorous/unamed and can you insure them ect?

uome;594461 said:

But at first glance protection dosn't seem to be working, I'll see if can find anything else and let you know.

Can you check please about 105 scrolls, are they cursed/wondorous/unamed and can you insure them ect?

Ya I see that. Unfortunately for some reason Razor isn't jiving well with Windows 7 RC1 x64, keeps locking up the client. So I am unable to test properly. I am gonna load it up into Windows XP Virtual PC and see if I can get something working.

psz

Administrator

Running Win7 X64 here, no problems with RunUO or Razor

However, I have noticed that setting Razor and the UO client to both run as Admin fixes the occasional lockup I used to have.

psz;594516 said:
Running Win7 X64 here, no problems with RunUO or Razor

However, I have noticed that setting Razor and the UO client to both run as Admin fixes the occasional lockup I used to have.

I'll give that a try and see if it fixes it.

Ok I found the reason why it wasn't giving the scrolls to the protectors.

I have uploaded a new diff. This one should work.

The way that I have it, whenever the killer gets a scroll whether it's a transcendence scroll or power scroll the protector will get rewarded a transcendence scroll. Would someone verify that is the way it works or not.

Attachments

• Scroll of Transcendence.cs.diff
    20.5 KB · Views: 5

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

uome;594461 said:

the scrolls are named as such

• wonderous scoll of [skill] +5.0
  • exalted scroll of [skill] +10.0
  • mythical scroll of [skill] +15.0
  • legendary scroll of [skill] +20.0
The +10, +15 and +20 Scrolls of Power are all "cursed"
+5 Scrolls are NOT "cursed"

uome

Bug Hunter

Callandor2k;594524 said:
The way that I have it, whenever the killer gets a scroll whether it's a transcendence scroll or power scroll the protector will get rewarded a transcendence scroll. Would someone verify that is the way it works or not.
That is one thing i was wondering too, should the protector be getting a duplicate scroll of the person they are protecting?

Thats the only thing i can see that needs checking now. If that turns out to be fine then i would consider it ready, nice work :)

uome

Bug Hunter

Has anyone got the answer for the protection question please?
It looks like thats all we need to know to be able to get this one ready to go.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

uome;602379 said:
Has anyone got the answer for the protection question please?
It looks like thats all we need to know to be able to get this one ready to go.

If you still need an answer the answer is yes
If you do not need an answer please ignore this post

uome

Bug Hunter

I think I.P means the protector should be getting a duplicate scroll, which isn't the case atm.
So back to development?

Status
Not open for further replies.