UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] *priority* Guild/Alliance War bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Wolves

Knight
[SVN] *priority* Guild/Alliance War bug

Type: Broken (or possibly just weird) Feature

Basic Description: When two alliances War not all members become Orange.

Way to experience: Have two alliance leaders (with member guilds) agree to War.

Detailed Description:
alliance A leader guild members go Orange to all alliance B members
alliance B leader guild members go Orange to all alliance A members
this seems normal, however not all members are Orange to each other
alliance member guild members (not in the leader guilds) stay Blue

From guide.uo.com,
"If the Alliance Leader accepts the declaration of war, this will result in a war with the entire Alliance."

This is understandable only if A is an alliance and B were a single guild.

The way this appears to be currently implemented, each alliance is treating the other alliance leader as if it was a single guild.

Code: no luck

links?
http://www.runuo.com/forums/runuo-p...uild-colors-modified-jayes-allied-guilds.html
http://uodemise.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=2531
http://guide.uo.com/miscellaneous_2.html

Re: Guild/Alliance War bug

Since I'm not in alliances, I have not understood well.

Let's make this example:

- Guilds A, B and C. Guild A is leader of Alliance "Greens"
- Guilds D, E and F. Guild D is leader of Alliance "Yellows"

Greens declare war to Yellows.

What happens?
(expected: A, B and C see D, E and F as orange, and viceversa)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

That is exactly what should happen, dae. Also, Guild A, B and C see eachother as green (friendlies). Guild D, E and F see eachother as green (friendlies).

LadyCrimson;559145 said:
That is exactly what should happen, dae. Also, Guild A, B and C see eachother as green (friendlies). Guild D, E and F see eachother as green (friendlies).

Ok, but what happens in RunUO/Demise instead?

Digatalas

Knight

Every person in the alliance with guilds A, B, & C should see the people in the guilds D, E, & F as orange. Their names should be orange instead of green or blue.

On Demise, not everyone is waring each other in each alliance.

The RP people have been having the biggest trouble from this bug..

Two Wolves

Knight

When guild A Wars guild D they go Orange toward each other A <= Orange=> D, True.

The situation that is described by guide.uo.com is, what happens when one of these guilds is an alliance leader.

Guild A Wars guild D then A <= Orange=> (D, E, F), True.

This makes sense as forming an alliance means you bring more firepower to a war, making mutual defense alliances a meaningful game mechanic.

The problem that is not fully addressed is the situation when the guilds that agree to war are both alliance leaders,

then

A <= Orange=> (D, E, F)
D <= Orange=> (A, B, C)

and

(B, C) <=Blue=> (E, F)

Let's say, hypothetically speaking that A, B, C, D, E, F used to be one alliance. They were green to each other and able to happily attack away.

Once D, E and F split off to war A, B, C, all of a sudden most the guilds can no longer participate. A and D are attacked with full force. That is great except that A and D are only administration guilds formed for the soul purpose of allowing B, C, E, F to fight.

As long as we stay in a peace alliance we can fight, if war is declared the two sides that are actually equipped for war fight can't. This game mechanic is a serious roadblock.

What is needed is,
(A, B, C) <=Orange=> (D, E, F)

How we work around it is to make one side fuse together into one super-guild, and issue titles to designate their original guild affiliation. This has drawbacks too. The current situation is either buggy or not well thought out by OSI.

One possible solution would be to add a checkbox to the war treaty to allow alliance leaders to agree to cross-war their members.

A cross-war and allow invitations checkbox in the war treaty does not make the rest not like OSI if that is really the way they have things implemented. These war treaty options do not have to be added to the core in order to be implemented in Demise. Having additional options does not unbalance anything. All it does is make it so that you have the option to agree to not have to drop a war to add a guild and two alliances have the option to actually have full participation of their members.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Guild/Alliance War bug

Reviving this project. Still needs a coder and actually affects a great deal of the server.

Gisela

Bug Hunter
Re: [CODER NEEDED] *priority* Guild/Alliance War bug

I think this is hard to troubleshoot because no one wants to set up 6 levels of warring and allied guilds on their home test server ;)

Quick question, do the CORPSES have the right status / color ? (guild/ally/enemy)

Two Wolves

Knight

There is another recent report about guild alliance invitations totally failing, then getting lost so that it can not be canceled. Linked here, once I can find it.

Copern

Sorceror

Does that have anything to do with the new client or is it a RunUO bug that's been around for awhile?

Two Wolves

Knight

found, http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126927

silvertiger;625142 said:
...The first two guilds A and B can create an Alliance. A is the Alliance Leader. Guild A tries to invite Guild C into the Alliance between A and B. The Alliance request is sent and received.

Guild C then tries to respond to the request, but when Guild C opens the gump, goes to diplomacy and Guild A's page, there is not an Accept or Deny Button.

Then Guild A goes to the gump and tries to cancel the Alliance request. Once again there is no button to do this with.

May be new, but on many occasions we have seen something that is similar to what is being described.

There is no notification of the alliance invitation being sent. The guild being invited has to enter Diplomacy advanced search, find the entry for the alliance leader guild and accept from there.

Also, invitations can appear to be blocked by existing invitations from defunct guilds that no body has ever heard of.

Copern

Sorceror

I'll see if I can reproduce it, but I can't guarantee anything.

For now I'm working on the bugs mentioned in the OP. Some good news is I have the wars working at the moment with sub-guilds and kills are counted properly.

silvertiger

Knight

Sweet on the warring alliance bug. This is what I have: When we talked to the gm on at that time, Elihu I think, he was saying that when he looked up my guild leader and another of my guildies it was showing they were in knights of valor a deceased guild. Then the request is sent and is received. Or so it says at the bottom of screen. When you look under diplomacy though the buttons are missing. We looked under advanced search and again nothing. Thanks for your time.:D

Copern

Sorceror

I still have to deal with notoriety updates, but I'm going to release what I have working now.

Copern

Sorceror
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] *priority* Guild/Alliance War bug

Well then, this should fix the warring and notoriety issues.

Copern

Sorceror
Re: [TESTING] *priority* Guild/Alliance War bug

So I found a bug while trying to reproduce the one silvertiger mentioned that might be related. It isn't anything I touched in the patch either.

Alliance Leader in an alliance with Guild B invites Guild C and Guild D to the alliance. The alliance leader appears to have a proper diplomacy gump and shows that Guild C and Guild D are awaiting actions. When Guild C enters the diplomacy gump, the alliance leader does not show up as awaiting actions, but Guild D instead. Clicking the alliance leader proper shows the Accept/Deny Request. Clicking on the "Awaiting Action" Guild D shows no buttons. Same behavior from Guild D entering the diplomacy gump.

If alliance leader is only inviting Guild C, then Guild C won't show any relationships or awaiting actions. They have to find the guild that requested the alliance in order to accept.

I've fixed this problem but I'm still trying to figure out how to reproduce silvertiger's bug.

Copern

Sorceror
Re: [TESTING] *priority* Guild/Alliance War bug

Alas, I can't seem to reproduce the bug that silvertiger mentioned nor do I know what might be causing it. However, I do have a new patch that fixes the "Awaiting Action" diplomacy gump bug.

Attachments

• guildwarring3.patch
    6.2 KB · Views: 11
Re: [TESTING-TC] *priority* Guild/Alliance War bug

We tested it in DemiseTC. Thanks to all of this people!

View attachment 20560

We created 6 guilds.

Each guild was composed by 3 members (a guildleader + 2 ronins)

Then they made 2 alliances of 3 guilds each.

Finally, we declared war each other.

everyone told to see their allies green, and all of the people of the warred alliance orange.
At this point a quick PvP happen, trying if all of them were attackable each other.
(then I went lazy and I spawned a paragon darkfather but it was too much and I killed it :p )

The only "issue", but I think it was so also before:

if you click in Diplomacy, to accept the war request you have to pick the leader guild of the opposite alliance. If you pick another guild in that alliance, you have still "this alliance wants to make war with you!" but whatever button you press (accept, decline, change conditions...) will result only in the gump being closed and nothing to appear.

Apart this aspect, the patch is perfect.

Attachments

• Corrupted GM Daedalus_12-15_20.07.jpg
    Corrupted GM Daedalus_12-15_20.07.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 41

Copern

Sorceror
Re: [TESTING-TC] *priority* Guild/Alliance War bug

Ok, I'll try and fix that. Out of curiosity, were guards tested at all? I don't think there should be a problem since everything uses the guild pvp system but you never know...

EDIT: BTW, awesome work everyone and thanks for testing!

Status
Not open for further replies.