UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Pet Bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror
[SVN] Pet Bonding

Behavior on Demise: If you do not have the real skill to bond a pet no taming items will not help you in bonding the pet.

Behavior on OSI: You do not need real skill to bond a pet. Items that will get you to the level you need to bond the pet will work just fine.All you need to remember to do is wear those items as you feed the pet to start the bonding timer and if you did not raise your real skill to the level needed to bond the pet wear the items again when you feed it in a week to bond it.The items if worn will also increase your stable slots without needing the real skill to do so.

Supporting Documentation (URLs):
Changes needed:
Code (optional):

Tested on OSI 17July09 to 25July09

First off it is not a week on OSI to bond a pet, it is a week plus 1 hour and 45 minutes. The 1 hour 45 minutes is because of the daily 15 minutes of server down time for maintanace.
I made a new character with 50 taming and 50 animal lore
Gave that character a +15 taming ring a +15 taming bracelet making its taming 80
Transferred a drake to that character
Renamed it Demise Test (two names not one like on Demise)
Fed it
Stabled it
Logged out the 17th
Logged in today the 25th
Made sure I had the ring and bracelet on
Fed it
It bonded

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: Pet Bonding

I'm going to leave this one as validation needed because I'd like to see some more tests done on OSI with different critters but its going to be hard considering unless the TC region is used.

This would be an interesting change for Demise :)

Xavier

Account Terminated
Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Pet Bonding

Just as a note: If my memory serves me correctly, AOS would NOT allow jewels to be considered in bonding. If thats the case, this would probably be a SE or ML core thing.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror
Re: Pet Bonding

LadyCrimson;592354 said:
I'm going to leave this one as validation needed because I'd like to see some more tests done on OSI with different critters but its going to be hard considering unless the TC region is used.

This would be an interesting change for Demise :)

No one gave this a try? Believe me it works. Plus skill items for taming used to raise taming skill will bond a pet provided that :
1 you are wearing the items when you first feed the pet
2 you are wearing the items when you feed the pet again after 7 days

Also wearing the plus skill items will increase your stable slots if you reach the next level with them on

psz

Administrator

I am almost positive this was a late SE/early ML change.

If I get a chance, I'll go Pub Digging to find out exactly when (so we know which Core to change it for)

Maz

Wanderer

I can Validate it because my tamer on Osi had only 75 real taming and uses jewlery to boost it to 100, has bonded WWs and Nightmares.

TravisMills

Sorceror
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Pet Bonding

Tested on EA with my tamer. He has 85 real 120 with talisman and jewls and he has a bonded greater and dreadmare and many cu's.

IP is correct with this bug.

Stewie

MalGanis

Sorceror
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Pet Bonding

I can do this one...

*Edit* Here it is.

Attachments

• Bonding.patch
    720 bytes · Views: 18

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [TESTING] Pet Bonding

Index: Scripts/Engines/AI/Creature/BaseCreature.cs does not exist in the current svn.

I found base creature now in Scripts/Mobiles/AI/Creature so i made the changes manually on my tc, just giving you a notice. :)

uome;652747 said:
Index: Scripts/Engines/AI/Creature/BaseCreature.cs does not exist in the current svn.

I found base creature now in Scripts/Mobiles/AI/Creature so i made the changes manually on my tc, just giving you a notice. :)

yes, because the AI folder was moved from Engines to Mobiles... hence every patch that was built before SVN 403 will return an error about a missing file if it involves the AI folder.

Just do edits by hand in that folder :)

(but when you have done with testing, please upload a newer patch so I can commit it easier)

uome

Bug Hunter

Tested on BAD tc.

This seems to be doing as it should, tested by feeding a few different pets i had tamed with less than the required taming skill but using +skill jewelery and the bonding timer started.

Using +animaltaming animallore or vet jewelery does increase your stable slots.

The only question i have is i noticed in the patch provided there is no if.Core check, is one not needed for this?

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

If I may suggest something Uome

Since you started the timer on a few different pets with plus taming items.
When or if you go to feed them again to see if they bond,take off the items for the last one before you feed it.
Hopefully it won't bond as it should not.If it works right and does not bond put the plus items back on and feed it.Again it should not bond but it should restart the bonding timer.

uome

Bug Hunter

Ok i'll give that a try, but i might see if i can find the bonding timer in the scripts and change it to an hour just to save me waiting a week ;)

uome

Bug Hunter

I.P.Knightly;652865 said:
If I may suggest something Uome

Since you started the timer on a few different pets with plus taming items.
When or if you go to feed them again to see if they bond,take off the items for the last one before you feed it.
Hopefully it won't bond as it should not.If it works right and does not bond put the plus items back on and feed it.Again it should not bond but it should restart the bonding timer.
If i take of the jewelery before i feed them for the second time they do not bond. Putting the jewelery back on and then feeding them they bond straight away, it seems the bonding timer is not reset.
Tested on a white wrym, greater dragon, hiryu and giant beetle. The giant beetle did bond without the need for any taming skill.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

uome;653367 said:
If i take of the jewelery before i feed them for the second time they do not bond. Putting the jewelery back on and then feeding them they bond straight away, it seems the bonding timer is not reset.
Tested on a white wrym, greater dragon, hiryu and giant beetle. The giant beetle did bond without the need for any taming skill.

Your tests are OSI accurate I mis-informed you on the following statement

Again it should not bond but it should restart the bonding timer.

That above statement of mine is not correct.
It will bond as long as enough time has elapsed ( bond timer ) and you have the plus items on or skill is high enough.
Thank you for the checks

uome

Bug Hunter

Ah ok thanks I.P :)
Now the only question that remains is one of a core check.

Athena

Account Terminated

Setting this back to development until the ML core check is added.

Gisela

Bug Hunter
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Pet Bonding

Wow, I thought this went in ages ago. :(

With ugly ML core check

Attachments

• Bonding.diff
    793 bytes · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.