UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] [Gisela] Pet stat gains here and on OSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gisela

Bug Hunter
[SVN] [Gisela] Pet stat gains here and on OSI

On Demise pets are limited to one stat gain per 15 minutes, just like players. Can anyone confirm whether it is the same on OSI? I ask because pets gain skills twice as fast, maybe it is the same (or better) with stats.

And testing the dex fix for greater dragons is a HUGE pain in the ass this way :p

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror
Re: Pet stat gains here and on OSI

1st screen shot shows a freshly tamed goat
The rest show the goat's gains after each kill

Attachments

• Dusty Bottoms_12-17_15.41.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-17_15.41.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 203
  • Dusty Bottoms_12-17_15.43.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-17_15.43.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 204
  • Dusty Bottoms_12-17_15.49.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-17_15.49.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 201
  • Dusty Bottoms_12-17_15.50.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-17_15.50.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 202
  • Dusty Bottoms_12-17_15.51.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-17_15.51.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 203
  • Dusty Bottoms_12-17_15.52.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-17_15.52.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 203
  • Dusty Bottoms_12-17_15.52-1.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-17_15.52-1.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 203
  • Dusty Bottoms_12-17_15.53.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-17_15.53.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 201

silvertiger

Knight

I.P.Knightly;673224 said:
1st screen shot shows a freshly tamed goat
The rest show the goat's gains after each kill

Also if you notice the time signature in the corner you can see that it is not every 15 mins. As you can see all stats were gained within a 15 min time period.:D

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

I tried to get you a 15 minute time frame

Attachments

• Dusty Bottoms_12-17_16.42.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-17_16.42.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 198
  • Dusty Bottoms_12-17_16.56.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-17_16.56.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 194

1Ironman

Wanderer

I would like to post a question on training. silly but along the line of something fun to try maybe.

Would it be very possiable to train 4- 5 packhorse to kill semi high monsters. Dose there pack inst, work well enough for them to survive. Say like killing lizardmen or even drakes? I remmber in the payshard, i had one packy trained good enough to take down a orge.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

A pack horse does not have pack instinct so no bonus damage
Yet I think if 1 untrained pack horse can kill a polar bear I think 4-5 could take out a lizardman
Also stat gain info for Gislea

Attachments

• Dusty Bottoms_12-17_17.59-1.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-17_17.59-1.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 174
  • Dusty Bottoms_12-17_18.00.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-17_18.00.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 175

1Ironman

Wanderer

cool, 5 of them vs simple stuff should work. plus the bonus of carrying alot of cut leathers :)

Moghe

Sorceror

Gisela;673031 said:
On Demise pets are limited to one stat gain per 15 minutes, just like players. Can anyone confirm whether it is the same on OSI?

Just as an aside, stat gain on OSI for players is much faster than one stat gain per 15 minutes, it seems to have a chance to rise every time an associated skill rises and is not restricted by the 15 minute timeframe, thus, the seesawing method works incredibly fast.

Phelon

Knight

I.P.Knightly;673292 said:
A pack horse does not have pack instinct so no bonus damage
Yet I think if 1 untrained pack horse can kill a polar bear I think 4-5 could take out a lizardman
Also stat gain info for Gislea

Nice name. (Do you even know what a plethora is? :D )

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Phelon;673317 said:
Nice name. (Do you even know what a plethora is? :D )

Though there are somethings that one may have too much of
I always believed that one can never have an abundance of
information
Although I have heard it said that ignorance is bliss

Phelon

Knight

Errr, Dusty Bottoms. The Three Amigos.. El Hefe...

Lighten up Francis.

silvertiger

Knight

I.P.Knightly;673347 said:
Though there are somethings that one may have too much of
I always believed that one can never have an abundance of
information
Although I have heard it said that ignorance is bliss

HOUSE!!!:D

silvertiger

Knight

1Ironman;673286 said:
I would like to post a question on training. silly but along the line of something fun to try maybe.

Would it be very possiable to train 4- 5 packhorse to kill semi high monsters. Dose there pack inst, work well enough for them to survive. Say like killing lizardmen or even drakes? I remmber in the payshard, i had one packy trained good enough to take down a orge.

While on the subject of pack instincts I trained both hound and ostards on my private shard both groups seem to do the same amount of damage. The main difference I see is hounds have that one special attack, where as ostards have resisting spells. Stats are similar and resists are similar. They both drop daemons and vorpal bunnies without aid in a matter of seconds.:D

silvertiger

Knight

However, ostards do better against paragon daemons. Both groups did die unaided though.:(

:D

Gisela

Bug Hunter

Interesting. But we can't really work on a fix until we have a good idea of what the formula is on OSI. From what I see here, it is just, hey they gain stats fast. We need to know how fast, and if there's a time lock for individual stats (like, 1 str per 5 minutes etc). Any ideas?

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Gisela;673031 said:
On Demise pets are limited to one stat gain per 15 minutes, just like players. Can anyone confirm whether it is the same on OSI? I ask because pets gain skills twice as fast, maybe it is the same (or better) with stats.

And testing the dex fix for greater dragons is a HUGE pain in the ass this way :p

There is the answer to the many problems with pets on Demise they gain stats the same way players do.Maybe pets on Demise need to do arms lore or camping while they are stabled?:cool:

Gisela;673629 said:
Interesting. But we can't really work on a fix until we have a good idea of what the formula is on OSI. From what I see here, it is just, hey they gain stats fast. We need to know how fast, and if there's a time lock for individual stats (like, 1 str per 5 minutes etc). Any ideas?

I understand what you are saying if we had the OSI formula yes life becomes much easier.The sad part is we do not.
Unless you want to come to OSI we can do this on TC there.I will heal/vet 2 creatures you lore them every minute and take down the info.While this is going on I will try not to slash my wrists
I did a 40 minute check for you.If they stabled like they should have I can pick up where I left off until 1 of them hits 125 dex
Let me know

Attachments

• Dusty Bottoms_12-18_10.35.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-18_10.35.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Dusty Bottoms_12-18_10.35-1.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-18_10.35-1.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Dusty Bottoms_12-18_11.14.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-18_11.14.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 71
  • Dusty Bottoms_12-18_11.15.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-18_11.15.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 71

Gisela

Bug Hunter

I.P.Knightly;673719 said:
Unless you want to come to OSI we can do this on TC there.I will heal/vet 2 creatures you lore them every minute and take down the info.While this is going on I will try not to slash my wrists
I did a 40 minute check for you.If they stabled like they should have I can pick up where I left off until 1 of them hits 125 dex
Let me know
Heh, not today.. I've been training dragons on test for so long I think my brain is going to fall out. :p

Anyone want to move this to Unhandled Reports?

Gisela

Bug Hunter

I.P.Knightly;673719 said:
There is the answer to the many problems with pets on Demise they gain stats the same way players do.Maybe pets on Demise need to do arms lore or camping while they are stabled?:cool:
They do actually - it is called magicresist. They can gain any stat by having resistable spells chain cast on them. Not while stabled, of course, but it can be spammed quickly enough that you'll be sure to get a gain each time one is available.

If our skilltable is correct it should also work on OSI.

Gisela

Bug Hunter

Gisela;674388 said:
but it can be spammed quickly enough that you'll be sure to get a gain each time one is available.

I take that back because looking at the Skill tables, the only ones available to pets that allow any dex gain have only a small chance of actually granting it.

Today on test I cast feeblemind on a gdragon for 5 hours and he only gained 10 dex.

Anyway here's a patch to lower the timer: stat gains for pets are limited at 1 per stat per 5 minutes.

Attachments

• SkillCheck.diff
    1.7 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.