UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Fame/Karma should be shared when in a party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athena

Account Terminated
[SVN] Fame/Karma should be shared when in a party

Behavior on Demise: When in a party the fame and karma are not shared between all party members.

Behavior on OSI: All karma and fame, regardless of doing damage to a monster or not, gets distributed between all party members.

Supporting Documentation (URLs): http://update.uo.com/design_196.html & http://guide.uo.com/combat_2.html

Changes needed: Change the fame/karma system when in a party

Code (optional): None

I can confirm that it still works this way on OSI, I was in a party with one other person and I gained fame and karma without doing any damage to what the other party member was fighting, I wasn't even in the immediate area.

psz

Administrator
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Fame/Karma should be shared when in a party

I'd consider this a fairly high priority: It will encourage more parties, and will be damn near required once the Peerless bosses are in.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

But fame and karma is divided up correct because when I am not in a party I receive a little fame and some karma when killing a Daemon.In a party with another person I do not get any fame or karma. This is OSI I am referring to.

Athena

Account Terminated

It may be divided up correctly, but it doesn't give fame or karma to people who don't damage monsters on demise and it should. The fame/karma on OSI is shared when in a party.

MalGanis

Sorceror

Heres the fix:

Tests done:
  • All party members get karma (negative too) and fame when one (or more) of the party members kills something regardless of where they are. The amount of karma/fame is the same as the ones that get looting rights.
  • Players not in a party still get karma and fame, but only when they get looting rights.

Attachments

• Party.patch
    1.7 KB · Views: 12

Erica

Knight
Re: [TESTING] Fame/Karma should be shared when in a party

You get errors

Code:
Errors:
 + Engines/AI/Creature/BaseCreature.cs:
    CS0103: Line 4573: The name 'titles' does not exist in the current context
    CS0103: Line 4575: The name 'titles' does not exist in the current context
    CS0103: Line 4575: The name 'totalFame' does not exist in the current contex
t
    CS0103: Line 4576: The name 'titles' does not exist in the current context
    CS0103: Line 4576: The name 'totalKarma' does not exist in the current conte
xt
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Athena

Account Terminated

It compiled fine for me, I won't be testing it until the morning though. Try reverting any changes to your SVN then repatch and compile.

Erica

Knight

SRC Athena;602314 said:
It compiled fine for me, I won't be testing it until the morning though. Try reverting any changes to your SVN then repatch and compile.

Yes it complies i missed something my mistake works now to test it in game.

Quoth

Wanderer

Compiles just fine on my end.

Tested with a 2 player party;
Players in the same location, attacker offscreen, attacker on different part of the map, attacker on different facet: Both players gain fame and karma.

The fame karma gained is equal on both characters.
However, it is not divided between them, both get the same amount as if they would've been soloing, doing the killing all by themselves.

Not sure if this is how it should be, but if it is, then...working as nintendo™ as far as I can tell.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Quoth;604770 said:
Compiles just fine on my end.

Tested with a 2 player party;
Players in the same location, attacker offscreen, attacker on different part of the map, attacker on different facet: Both players gain fame and karma.

The fame karma gained is equal on both characters.
However, it is not split between them, both get the same amount as if they would've been doing the killing all by themselves.

Not sure if this is how it should be, but if it is, then...working as nintendo as far as I can tell.

The characters should receive 50% each so if said mobile gives 1000 fame/karma they both get 500 because there are 2.... 33% if 3 25% ...if there are 4 and so on if you can try testing with 1 character at almost max fame/karma and another at dread or even at zero fame/karma and kill something like a drake.The one at or near max fame/karma should receive nothing and the other all of it.Maybe lol

Quoth

Wanderer

I was using 2 'newbie' characters and Daemons as fodder.
They both got 150 gained in Fame/Karma on the initial kills, when checking their stats with the admin char with [props.

In any case, it was not divided.

I'll try experimenting a bit more with a high vs. low fame/karma characters.

Quoth

Wanderer

The Drake, the Dread, and the Glorious Lord; Take 1

Char1; 0 fame -10000 karma, gains 55/155
Char2; 10000 fame 10000 karma, gains 0/0

Char2; 9000 fame 9000 karma, gains 0/0

and so on, so forth...blablabla.

This is where it starts changing;
Char2; 5000 fame 5000 karma, gains 5/5

Char2; 1000 fame 1000 karma, gains 45/45

But still it doesn't divide or reduce the amount.
The fame/karma values gained, for both characters at their different fame/karma levels are the same, wether they are in party with eachother or not.

I hope this makes any sense.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

if it is not dividing the amount between the two (ie if you killed the drake unpartied and you got 100 gain to fame THEN partied that character with someone else and killed a drake and still got 100 gain to fame (not just 50)) then I'd say this is a failure.

Quoth

Wanderer

Yeah, it's the same amount of fame/karma, the only difference being partied is that all members of the party get the same (full) ammount of fame/karma.

Guess the code needs altering if I.P.Knightly is correct about the official info.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Quoth;604901 said:
Yeah, it's the same amount of fame/karma, the only difference being partied is that all members of the party get the same (full) ammount of fame/karma.

Guess the code needs altering if I.P.Knightly is correct about the official info.

I never provided any official info on this

Quoth

Wanderer

I.P.Knightly;604940 said:
I never provided any official info on this

Oh, I thought this...

The characters should receive 50% each so if said mobile gives 1000 fame/karma they both get 500 because there are 2.... 33% if 3 25% ...if there are 4 and so on if you can try testing with 1 character at almost max fame/karma and another at dread or even at zero fame/karma and kill something like a drake.The one at or near max fame/karma should receive nothing and the other all of it.Maybe lol

...was derived from your own testing on the official servers.
Guess not.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

SRC Athena;601865 said:
It may be divided up correctly, but it doesn't give fame or karma to people who don't damage monsters on demise and it should. The fame/karma on OSI is shared when in a party.

Quoth;604993 said:
Oh, I thought this...

...was derived from your own testing on the official servers.
Guess not.

The link at the start of this thread says this about fame/karma

[SIZE=-1]character who is eligible receives total fame and karma from the monster, it is not split proportionately in any way.[/SIZE]

http://update.uo.com/design_196.html

Your testing supports this but this is no longer correct this is from the year 2000.I take this statement to mean if a mobile gives 1000 fame everyone gets 1000 fame and is not split between the group. On OSI it is not like that anymore
After reading the link I posted the following

But fame and karma is divided up correct because when I am not in a party I receive a little fame and some karma when killing a Daemon.In a party with another person I do not get any fame or karma. This is OSI I am referring to.
This link provides some insight into what I was trying to say

http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=15

MalGanis

Sorceror

Fixed so fame/karma is now divided between part members.

Example:
3 players have 0 fame/karma and are in a party.
If one of them kills a dragon they all get 50 karma/fame each (normally player gets 150 karma/fame when not in party).
If two of them kill a dragon all get 100 karma/fame.

Attachments

• Party.patch
    2.3 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.