UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] [Copern] code cleaning: scrolls of transc/105PS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bama

Bug Huntress
Re: [TESTING-TC] [Copern] code cleaning: scrolls of transc/105PS

weinster666;697597 said:
I have not received a SoT or 105PS in Bedlam today.

105's are not suppose to drop at non Fel champs I thought.Bedlam is Umbra Malas right?

Bama;697601 said:
105's are not suppose to drop at non Fel champs I thought.Bedlam is Umbra Malas right?

exact. Bedlam should only drop SoTs from 0.1 to 0.5, like Tokuno and Ilshenar

Index: Scripts/Misc/AutoSave.cs
===================================================================
--- Scripts/Misc/AutoSave.cs (revision 495)
+++ Scripts/Misc/AutoSave.cs (working copy)
@@ -7,7 +7,7 @@
{
public class AutoSave : Timer
{
- private static TimeSpan m_Delay = TimeSpan.FromMinutes( 5.0 );
+ private static TimeSpan m_Delay = TimeSpan.FromMinutes( 60.0 );
private static TimeSpan m_Warning = TimeSpan.Zero;
//private static TimeSpan m_Warning = TimeSpan.FromSeconds( 15.0 );

what is this??

Copern

Sorceror

osd_daedalus;697937 said:
what is this??

Oh god, that would be an accident :p... I changed the save timers on my own private shard and must have included it in the patch.

Just ignore that file when patching. I'll put up another patch without that.

Edit: And here it is without the auto-save change...

Attachments

• specialscrollcleanup2.patch
    62.8 KB · Views: 4

Copern

Sorceror

So I realized what's going on after we did the tests today... It looks like I got my patches mixed up and accidentally used a patch prior to the malas champ fix when I fixed the crash bug. Arrggg! :mad: Sorry about that guys.

Edit: I tried it out on my own server with drop rates increased and they are indeed dropping in malas now. So perhaps next time we'll get one.

Attachments

• scrollcleanup+malaschampscrollSVN499.patch
    62.9 KB · Views: 7

During the DTCM, we did another champ in Bedlam, again with no scrolls.

In the suspect, I went just now to do an Ilshenar champ and got a SoT there.

Since it's at least the 4th Bedlam champ without a SoT there (normally you get at least 1 scroll every 2 champs), I think it's safe to tell Callandor2k's patch for Malas champ isn't working.

edit: ok Copern, now I understand why.

We wait this patch to be implemented, before testing this again plus seeing the functionality of other scrolls.

We wait for a TC update before continuing to test this.

gotcha! 2 Trammish-SoTs in Bedlam.

Going to test the rest...

I think I have tested everything now. Tried either in DemiseTC and in a RunUO private distro.

- Tram SoT will spawn in Umbra champion spawns (Bedlam), Ilshenar and Tokuno
- Fel SoTs and 105 PS will spawn in Felucca, as Powerscrolls by killing champions, and stat scrolls by killing the Harrower. A knight of justice will have 100% of duplicates. Duplicates match with recovered PSes.
- All of scrolls work properly (PS and StatScrolls tested in private)
- Also Scrolls of Alacrity work properly (created as GM in private, they won't spawn in game)

Until this point, all is OK.

- About Copern's findings about "broken SoTs", I have tested the following:

• In DemiseTC, where I got a 0.9 Veterinary, I used it on a char with 119.6 Veterinary. The SoT disappeared and I got 0.4 points, for a total of 120.
  • In private, I gave a 1.0 magery to a player with 99.7 magery. The scroll burned away and he got only 0.3 points. I haven't found any anomaly with [props or [skills.

Is this bug correctly tested? If yes, this patch is candidate for the SVN.
edit: previously, what was happening is the SoT not to disappear and instead to see a decrease in its value, while points NOT being applied. This is fixed so I say the whole patch is OK.

Copern

Sorceror

osd_daedalus;703068 said:
- About Copern's findings about "broken SoTs", I have tested the following:

• In DemiseTC, where I got a 0.9 Veterinary, I used it on a char with 119.6 Veterinary. The SoT disappeared and I got 0.4 points, for a total of 120.
  • In private, I gave a 1.0 magery to a player with 99.7 magery. The scroll burned away and he got only 0.3 points. I haven't found any anomaly with [props or [skills.

Is this bug correctly tested? If yes, this patch is candidate for the SVN.
edit: previously, what was happening is the SoT not to disappear and instead to see a decrease in its value, while points NOT being applied. This is fixed so I say the whole patch is OK.

Not quite what was wrong with them before. Did you try using the SoT when you were at your total skills cap and had 99.7 magery? If your total skills cap is 700 and you had 700 total skills with 99.7 magery then tried to use the 1.0 magery SoT... You wouldn't be able to use it and it would not add any skill which would be correct, but it would drop the skill value of the SoT to 0.7 (or 0.3, can't remember). With the patch it won't drop the skill value of the SoT if you can't use it in that situation.

Copern;705625 said:
Not quite what was wrong with them before. Did you try using the SoT when you were at your total skills cap and had 99.7 magery? If your total skills cap is 700 and you had 700 total skills with 99.7 magery then tried to use the 1.0 magery SoT... You wouldn't be able to use it and it would not add any skill which would be correct, but it would drop the skill value of the SoT to 0.7 (or 0.3, can't remember). With the patch it won't drop the skill value of the SoT if you can't use it in that situation.

oh, understood.

Just tried now in DemiseTC:

I have a SoT 0.3 resisting spells
I have put 99.9 resist spells and other skills on myself to reach 720 total skill points.

I have tried to use the SoT and I wasn't able to: I got the message "make sure the skill is pointed up... if yes make sure you are not at the cap"

If I have pointed down some other skill, points are correctly detracted from the pointed down one.

Again, OK for me.

Esqarrouth

Wanderer
Re: [READY] [Copern] code cleaning: scrolls of transc/105PS

i didnt read all the posts, this is basically the same code just more organized right?

Esqarrouth;706093 said:
i didnt read all the posts, this is basically the same code just more organized right?

yes, with 2 little bugfixes but it's essentially the same thing.

by Copern's and ASayre's notice, this one might be subject to revision on serializing methods, if confirmed.

osd_daedalus;708568 said:
by Copern's and ASayre's notice, this one might be subject to revision on serializing methods, if confirmed.

mmmmm... is it confirmed this one should return in Development for "better serializing" or this one can go in complete?

Status
Not open for further replies.