UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Changes to BOD Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [TESTING] BOB-Drop has somepitfalls

I can't find anything wrong with this.
Good work :)

I can't think of anything else to try atm but if i do i will check it out.
Anyone else want to check too?

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

uome;591112 said:
I can't find anything wrong with this.
Good work :)

I can't think of anything else to try atm but if i do i will check it out.
Anyone else want to check too?
Here is something you need to fix
On OSI 5 bods in a BOD equals 1 item plus the BOD book
I tested this because I remember reading it many years ago
On Demise I can carry and have carried 2 full BOD books of resets which with an empty back pack I would really have 202 items in it.The pack can only carry 125 items.
I tested this on OSI today to make sure.
I took an empty BOD book and placed it in a container.I moused over the container and it said 1 item
I placed 1 bod in the book it said 1 item
I placed 2 bods in the book it said 1 item
Well you get the idea
When I placed 5 bods in the book and moused over the container it said 2 items were in the container 1 item was the book the other the 5 bods that were in the book
I kept testing and found that it always rounded down
So when I put 54 bods in the book and moused over the container it said 11 items 1 item was the book the other 10 were the bods
The smiths and tailors will not be happy with this but if you want 100% OSI well thems the breaks.
Also this fix where the BOD book does not go back to page 1 when you remove a bod from page 3 is great.Can you look into house security gumps because when you go to remove friends or revoke access after you remove 1 it reverts to the first page like the BOD book does.Also on OSI you get 2 columns of names per page on Demise its 1 column

uome

Bug Hunter

I.P.Knightly;591130 said:
Here is something you need to fix
On OSI 5 bods in a BOD equals 1 item plus the BOD book
I tested this because I remember reading it many years ago
On Demise I can carry and have carried 2 full BOD books of resets which with an empty back pack I would really have 202 items in it.The pack can only carry 125 items.
I tested this on OSI today to make sure.
I took an empty BOD book and placed it in a container.I moused over the container and it said 1 item
I placed 1 bod in the book it said 1 item
I placed 2 bods in the book it said 1 item
Well you get the idea
When I placed 5 bods in the book and moused over the container it said 2 items were in the container 1 item was the book the other the 5 bods that were in the book
I kept testing and found that it always rounded down
So when I put 54 bods in the book and moused over the container it said 11 items 1 item was the book the other 10 were the bods
The smiths and tailors will not be happy with this but if you want 100% OSI well thems the breaks.
I'm inclined to think this needs reporting as a seperate issue. Lots more things need to be known about it before any work starts. Any official thoughts would be nice.

I.P.Knightly;591130 said:
Also this fix where the BOD book does not go back to page 1 when you remove a bod from page 3 is great.Can you look into house security gumps because when you go to remove friends or revoke access after you remove 1 it reverts to the first page like the BOD book does.Also on OSI you get 2 columns of names per page on Demise its 1 column
I know someone checked a few other gumps somewhere like crafting gumps i'll try and dig up the thread if i can.
found the post
http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showpost.php?p=588378&postcount=23

Thanks for the info :)

gilgamash

Knight

uome;591143 said:
I'm inclined to think this needs reporting as a seperate issue. Lots more things need to be known about it before any work starts. Any official thoughts would be nice.

Yes, I'd appreciate that, too. On the other hand, I think this is more or less a real stupid behaviour and perhaps a bug on OSI? Imho it is absolute nonsense!

@I.P.Knightly: could you check whether the returned number equals the number of pages (or one more or less) in use in the Book?
Than it WOULD be an OSI error..... Thanks in advance

---------

I tested the Fix like 40 minutes and got no problem, empty page, money charged when backpack is full, bod losses, ....

Now I'd like some report about the Divine/ Tribal mask thingy .-)

Regards,
G:

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I agree that the behavior with the count as items should be a different report so we'll continue testing g's fix as it stands and I'll look for a new report on the item count for BOD books.

I think this is a great find because the idea is how can you take 500 BODs and magically change them into 1 item. The book is there to help store and sort - not eliminate storage completely.

LC

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

LadyCrimson;591230 said:
I agree that the behavior with the count as items should be a different report so we'll continue testing g's fix as it stands and I'll look for a new report on the item count for BOD books.

I think this is a great find because the idea is how can you take 500 BODs and magically change them into 1 item. The book is there to help store and sort - not eliminate storage completely.

LC

The reason for BoD books is explained here
http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=734

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

This one has one more day to sit in TESTING status so if anyone else wishes to test or weigh in, please do :)

psz

Administrator
Re: [MERGED] Changes to BOD Books

Needs a minor code cleanup. Nothing major, Mark just didn't have time to clean it up (he's still trying to get 6.0.14.2 working on RunUO properlly)

gilgamash

Knight
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Changes to BOD Books

k, if anything seems wrong, lemme know. If Mark just needs time to integrate it - no problem :)

G.

Athena

Account Terminated

I think all you need to do is remove all the comments and commented out code, I don't think Mark likes all of those being in there, then we can try resubmitting it next week.

psz

Administrator

NONONONO

Comments are GOOD. We like comments.

In this case I think it was simply leading spaces, tabs, etc.

Mostly cosmetic, but still good to try to match the "style" of the RunUO scripts.

Athena

Account Terminated

psz;596488 said:
NONONONO

Comments are GOOD. We like comments.

In this case I think it was simply leading spaces, tabs, etc.

Mostly cosmetic, but still good to try to match the "style" of the RunUO scripts.

What about the commented out code that's not needed?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

We also have another bit of code submitted that has a variable included that is not used.....

I think comments have their place but if they are just there to comment out old code that's no longer needed.... *shrugs*

psz

Administrator

No no, clean it up is all I'm saying.

I've already had two PMs asking if they should just not comment code at all, since there's not much commenting going on.

Having fresh code with no explanation is not a good way for others to check things.

gilgamash

Knight

K, I can check if I left some unused vars or something like that, otherwise I have no idea what 'cleaning up' in this case refers to exactly. If you wish comments: I absolutely favor them! But - as already said - the code has very few comments, so I stuck to that habbit.
The few 'comments' left in there (like: 'InvalidateProperties has not yet been effective' were thought to help Mark understand why some seemingly unnecessary command was there.)

If you want me to delete all comments, lemme know.

Otherwise I have no idea what I should change...

Regards,
G.

psz

Administrator

No, don't delete comments.

Old code that's being removed doesn't need to stay in as a comment.

When commenting just make sure you're commenting your changes, and that everything in the comment is clear and concise (I don't want a book, just a COMMENT on a section of code will be fine)

gilgamash

Knight

Great, thanks for info!

So I'll comment things a little more and look for unused vars etc for now unless there is anything else :)

G.

sorry for offtopic, but i have a request to not implement it in next 7 days :)
I am going on a short holidays, and i wish not to lose all my bods becouse of didnt being near PC.... Can i have a sure i won't lose bods?

gilgamash

Knight

Hi Jacek,

this change here will not change anything you might be concerned about. It just changes the behaviour when dropping of buying a bod, which is a little messy atm and not OSI-like.

Regards,
G.

gilgamash

Knight

hoi,

here a version with slightly more comments and some
outcommented instructions removed.

Can't think of anything else atm :)

G.

Attachments

• bodDiffs.diff