UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Auto Arrow Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter
[SVN] Auto Arrow Recovery

PSZ wants us to fix pre-ML first before we focus on getting ML implemented so I thought I'd start working through the publishes making sure they are done. However I do not have OSI access to gather information so group effort is needed. I'd like to see Publish 33 implemented by next weeks update. Below is a list of changes needed to implement Publish 33 and their status.

Full Publish notes

This list is a partial list of changes Publish 33 made. I excluded anything I thought did not apply to demise.

If I missed a fix needed or more questions need answered than I listed please point it out so I can add it to the list.

Publish 33 Status
Information Needed: 1
Fix Needed: 1
Fix Suggested: 2
Invalid: 3

Fixes Needed

1. Auto Stable

• Addressed an issue with followers being lost at logout.
    • When a player logs out, followers (pets, hired NPCs) will be auto-stabled, returning to the player upon login.
    • Pets that do not automatically return to the player can be claimed at the stable master.
    • Pack Animals carrying items are not subject to the pet protection features

Q: Does auto stable cost 30gp/pet or free? If auto stable costs 30gp does it fail if the money is not in the bank?
A: Dexter reports no cost - Confirmed
Q: Are all pets logged out or only ones within a certain range of the player? If it is range based what is the range?
A: Range does not matter but tamed pets must be bonded - Details Details Details
Q: Is it instant or delayed? If delayed how long after the player logs out?
A: Instant when the player is fully logged out. Source
Q: What happens if a pet has something in it's pack when a player logs out?
A: If a pack animal has items in it's pack it stays in world Details

2. Auto Arrow Recovery

• Arrows that miss their target will now be recovered automatically, rather than dropping to the ground behind a mob.
  • Shortly after dropping out of war mode, any recoverable arrows will be placed in the player's backpack.

Q: If a player is attacking without being in warmode are arrows constantly restored to pack or held until the player does not have an active combatant?
Q: What is the time delay between leaving warmode and receiving recovered arrows?
Q: What happens if a player dies before recovering arrows?

3. SDI for Wither.

• Spell damage increase is now capped at 15% for the Wither spell in PvP.

4. Player Vendors

• Vendor Contracts display a collect rent button even when they have no gold. This has been fixed so the option won't appear unless they have a value greater than 0.

Tested this - Collect Rent appears as a context menu entry and only appears if there is gold to collect.

5. Pack Animals

• Pack Animals carrying items are not subject to the pet protection features.

This item is actually part of Auto Stable -
Details

6. Spinning wheels

• The ability to turn the Spinning Wheel in directions there are not deeds for.

I ran some tests it appears spinning wheels can not be turned at all. Unless someone can turn up a repo I'm marking this invalid.

7. Player gates

• Players can no longer place one gate on top of another gate.

Q: On OSI is casting gate blocked if there is already a gate where the player is standing?
Q: On OSI is casting gate blocked if there is already a gate at the destination?

Posted with permission from PSZ.

Attachments

• Wither SE Publish 33.zip
    503 bytes · Views: 2
  • GateTravel SE Publish 33.zip
    742 bytes · Views: 2

tam

Bug Hunter
Re: [Development] Publish 33

7. Is the goal to be exactly like OSI or be better? I think what we have now with gates is better.

Nikki_Demise;555881 said:
3. SDI for Wither.

• Spell damage increase is now capped at 15% for the Wither spell in PvP.

Confirmed. I'll extend bug report 15: Necromancy Wither and Poison Strike should be affected by SDI.
In Demise, if the bugreport is correct, Wither is not influenced by SDI now.

7. Player gates

• Players can no longer place one gate on top of another gate.

I confirm this is a bug that must be resolved.

Q: Is casting gate blocked if there is already a gate where the player is standing?

At the moment you can gate if you are standing on a gate. Only first gate works, though.

Q: Is casting gate blocked if there is already a gate at the destination?
If neither what is the meaning of this fix?

Not in Demise. You can open a gate in 2 different spots for same destination. If you enter from the destination, you are teleported to the first gate that opened to reach that destination.

tam;555885 said:
7. Is the goal to be exactly like OSI or be better? I think what we have now with gates is better.

for example, I don't like the idea of 1 and 2.

Anyway, they can always be committed in RunUO and left as there are in Demise.

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

Wither Patch

Code:
--- /Spells/Necromancy/Wither.cs    Wed May 13 15:37:16 2009
+++ /Spells/Necromancy/Wither.cs    Sat May 23 08:50:14 2009
@@ -62,6 +62,13 @@
                         damage *= (300 + (m.Karma / 100) + (GetDamageSkill( Caster ) * 10));
                         damage /= 1000;

+                        int sdiBonus = AosAttributes.GetValue( Caster, AosAttribute.SpellDamage );
+                        // PvP spell damage increase cap of 15% from an item’s magic property in Publish 33(SE)
+                        if ( m.Player && Caster.Player && sdiBonus > 15 && Core.SE)
+                            sdiBonus = 15;
+                        damage *= ( 100 + sdiBonus );
+                        damage /= 100;
+                        
                         // TODO: cap?
                         //if ( damage > 40 )
                         //    damage = 40;
Since SDI was capped at 15% in Publish 33 I put a Core.SE condition on the cap. If there was another cap prior to this please provide information.

Attachments

• Wither SE Publish 33.zip
    503 bytes · Views: 0

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

tam;555885 said:

Exactly like OSI Source

OSI had this great temporary event where they gave out cool rewards, shouldn't this happen on Demise since you're an OSI clone?
No. While we are an OSI clone, in that we strive to duplicate OSI spawn, quests, items, and game mechanics (aside from a few obvious ones such as skill gain), we rarely, if ever, duplicate temporary events which occur on OSI servers. We have our own event staff which work very hard to provide some great events which are sure to be just as, if not more, entertaining than any event OSI might put on.

Nikki_Demise;555894 said:
Exactly like OSI Source

OSI had this great temporary event where they gave out cool rewards, shouldn't this happen on Demise since you're an OSI clone?
No. While we are an OSI clone, in that we strive to duplicate OSI spawn, quests, items, and game mechanics (aside from a few obvious ones such as skill gain), we rarely, if ever, duplicate temporary events which occur on OSI servers. We have our own event staff which work very hard to provide some great events which are sure to be just as, if not more, entertaining than any event OSI might put on.

I'd say "like OSI", but not exactly in all aspects. We are not like OSI in some of the aspects like: skill gain (as mentioned above), accounts number, characters per account, year period (our OSI year is 90 days) and other I don't remember now.

So I think it's free to admins decision not to follow OSI in some of the aspects. I don't mean to make Demise like a "Hybrid 2" or "a shard", but I think some minor tweaks can be done if the purpose is to balance gameplay better than OSI or to improve it a bit.

RunUO, instead, have to give shard owners the possibility to follow OSI at 100%.

tam

Bug Hunter

Cool that makes sense. We want it the same, but we can also have extra nice things like the -ping command.

IDK if this is the right place for this one but I'll throw it out there...

In Ilshenar, aren't ore elementals dug up with a garg axe supposed to spawn as paragons according to rules for other monsters. Currently they DO NOT spawn as paragons.

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

rej5000;555927 said:
IDK if this is the right place for this one but I'll throw it out there...

In Ilshenar, aren't ore elementals dug up with a garg axe supposed to spawn as paragons according to rules for other monsters. Currently they DO NOT spawn as paragons.

This thread is to put all information for Publish 33 in one place separate from the main bug fix thread use this thread - The (un)Official Demise Bugfix thread

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

Moongate patch

Code:
--- /Spells/Seventh/GateTravel.cs    Wed May 13 15:37:16 2009
+++ /Spells/Seventh/GateTravel.cs    Sat May 23 11:10:10 2009
@@ -62,6 +62,24 @@
             return SpellHelper.CheckTravel( Caster, TravelCheckType.GateFrom );
         }

+        private bool GateExistsAt(Map map, Point3D loc )
+        {
+            bool GateFound = false;
+
+            IPooledEnumerable eable = map.GetItemsInRange( loc, 0 );
+            foreach ( Item item in eable )
+            {
+                if ( item is Moongate || item is PublicMoongate )
+                {
+                    GateFound = true;
+                    break;
+                }
+            }
+            eable.Free();
+
+            return GateFound;
+        }
+
         public void Effect( Point3D loc, Map map, bool checkMulti )
         {
             if ( Factions.Sigil.ExistsOn( Caster ) )
@@ -101,6 +119,10 @@
             else if ( (checkMulti && SpellHelper.CheckMulti( loc, map )) )
             {
                 Caster.SendLocalizedMessage( 501942 ); // That location is blocked.
+            }
+            else if ( ( GateExistsAt( map, loc ) || GateExistsAt( Caster.Map, Caster.Location ) ) && Core.SE ) //Publish 33(SE) restricted stacking gates
+            {
+                Caster.SendLocalizedMessage( 1071242 ); //There is already a gate there.
             }
             else if ( CheckSequence() )
             {

Are there any exceptions to gates not being allowed to stack?

Attachments

• GateTravel SE Publish 33.zip
    742 bytes · Views: 1

Dexter-LoM

Knight

1. Auto Stable

• Addressed an issue with followers being lost at logout.
    • When a player logs out, followers (pets, hired NPCs) will be auto-stabled, returning to the player upon login.
    • Pets that do not automatically return to the player can be claimed at the stable master.

Q: Is it instant or delayed? If delayed how long after the player logs out?
Q: What happens if a pet has something in it's pack when a player logs out?

for question 1 its the same as per char if char stays loggin for a 5min penality because he did not use camping then his char and pet remains , same rule applies if they are in combat they cannot escape by login out.

for the pack animal I beleive if I remember corectly they log out with the stuff in their pack but mus tbe cinfirm I dont remember exactly.

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

Dexter-LoM;555939 said:
for the pack animal I beleive if I remember corectly they log out with the stuff in their pack but mus tbe cinfirm I dont remember exactly.

I found some more information in publish 43 that tells me the answer is they do not log out. I was unclear on what "pet protection" was(item 5) while researching that I found this in Publish 43

[SIZE=-1]Pet Protection now works with summoned pets
Fixed an issue with Pet Protection that could cause a dead player who logged out to lose a dead bonded pet. Added a message telling players that they need to resurrect themselves and log back in in order to reclaim dead bonded pets.
[/SIZE]
This looks like

1 "pet protection" is auto stable and item 5 isn't a separate issue but rather details on Auto Stable.
2 summoned pets are included in ML(does this include necro familiars)?
3 Bonded Pets are stabled but only reclaimed after the owner has rezzed and relogged.(this fix should probably not be restricted to Core.ML since it's a bug fix)

I also happened to think of another question(Range) are pets logged out from anywhere or in what range from the player are they logged out from? example: all pets within 10 tiles

psz

Administrator

The only game mechanics that should EVER be different on Demise from OSI are the cases of account age (faster skill gain, faster rewards, etc) and outright BUGS on OSI (For example OSI's LOS has been broken, and exploited, for years. RunUO's is better and will remain better)

Ferris;556009 said:
Not that stratics is a particularly good source of information but: http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=hunters&id=276

I think there was talk of making slimes corrosive as they should be, plague beats should also be made to function properly.

Yes, confirmed: many acid monsters, like acid elemental, slime and acid slime, can damage durability of melee weapons (at which rate???).
Corrosive slimes can "eat" melee weapons, but it's a ML enemy in Palace of Paroxymus so I think we can think later about it.

Plague beasts has some nice features. Ok, approved and adding :)

tam

Bug Hunter

Nikki_Demise;555948 said:
I also happened to think of another question(Range) are pets logged out from anywhere or in what range from the player are they logged out from? example: all pets within 10 tiles

It is from anywhere. It is instantaneous.

For example. On OSI, say Im in Destard and 4 dragons jump on my pet. I can quickly rush out of Destard and logout, then relogin and my pets will be with me. This works everywhere except for Labyrinth which is "bugged".

Also if my pet dies, I can also run to a safe area. Then logout and relogin and my dead pet will appear next to me.

Also if you die. You can log to save your pets from dying. Then I think after you res and logout and relogin, your pets appear next to you alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.