UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Animal taming/bonding problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier

Account Terminated
[CODER NEEDED] Animal taming/bonding problems.

Yet more problems with the taming system...

Problem: Bonded pets gone wild then killed will leave a tamable/ressable ghost. Tame (bonded or not) pets who lose their loyalty to "wild" do not actually go wild. They remain controlled for an undetermined amount of time, or possibly indefinitely.

Reproducible: The problem of gone wild bonded pets being ressable/tamable after being killed was brought to my attention by a page from earlier this morning. Causing it to happen on a test shard was a pain in the keester, but it infact did happen. In the process of getting the bonded pet to go wild, we found that losing loyalty also does not work correctly.

Documentation: none needed IMO

If no one else takes this, Ill do it myself... but I really have a lot of other stuff Im trying to get done ... *waiting*

psz

Administrator
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Animal taming/bonding problems.

Moved back from Bugtracker, since no one's worked on it.

Bama

Bug Huntress
This says complete and SVN
I think this may have been moved to the incorrect sub-form of the Bug Fixes

This problem still exists
You can easily have a pet on RUN/UO that when you lore it it states wild but when you mouse over it it says Bonded and it takes up the appropriate amount of follower slots
If you try to tame it you get the message that it is already tamed yet the lore gump states wild and mouse over shows bonded
You can kill it and bring it back to life and when you lore it the lore gump states wild and mouse over shows bonded

Since there is a bug on RUN/UO that lets you stable a pet (or let it auto stable) at any level of loyalty (from wild to max) you can then claim that pet (or log back in if you let it auto stable) and it is wonderfully happy. So this wild/bonded pet becomes a wonderfully happy/bonded pet by stabling it and claiming it

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
@Bama: I believe the issue you describe is not the issue outlined in this report. (There is no untamed ghost that can be tamed.)

The confusion probably arises from the loyalty label "wild", which simply means 0 loyalty. This is just a label indicating how much happiness is left. Pets with 0 loyalty are only released once an hour, so you can have a pet in this "wild" state that is still tame/bonded, until that timer ticks. It's not really wild wild.

Bama

Bug Huntress
@Bama: I believe the issue you describe is not the issue outlined in this report. (There is no untamed ghost that can be tamed.)

The confusion probably arises from the loyalty label "wild", which simply means 0 loyalty. This is just a label indicating how much happiness is left. Pets with 0 loyalty are only released once an hour, so you can have a pet in this "wild" state that is still tame/bonded, until that timer ticks. It's not really wild wild.
Explanation of the exploit has been PM'ed to you

Status
Not open for further replies.