UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 829] Pet ghosts and autostabling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnicoat

Knight
Behavior on Demise: Sometimes a ghost pet simply disappears when you log out. Doesn't appear next to you, isn't in the stable, no followers.
Behavior on OSI: If you log out and in, the ghost pet should be next to you immediately.
Supporting Documentation (URLs):

You die
You log out quickly
Your pet auto stables (as long as it is not a pack animal carrying inventory) dead or alive (alive if you log out quickly)
You log in
You go rez
You log out
You log back in
Pet comes back to you (at full loyalty (shhh thats a bug) even if it was about to go wild)
Mount
Carry on
If this doesn't work on demise you may want to ask why because it's how it is on osi

Changes needed: Code it so it works as per OSI.
Code (optional): none

I decided to go do some sampire practice at a Neira spawn in T2A, specifically city of the dead. Usually when I die, I go to my resser, then just carry on with an ethy, and sort my bonded swamp dragon out later. This time I has no resser, so I ran out of T2A and gated out with another character.

A little under 24 hours later, I log in and my ghost swampy isn't next to me, I have 0/5 followers and the stables are empty.

It's been bonded for months.

Any ideas?

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
Dead bonded pets decay in 24 hours if you're not around, even if it's autostabled. We're currently checking whether this is the case on OSI as well. We'll know in 24 hours. :)

Barnicoat

Knight
Not sure what happened here, but my new swamp dragon has bonded anyway.

I shall make sure to res it and/or stable it before I log out.

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
We found that an autostabled pet ghost did not decay when left for over 24 hours on OSI, so that will definitely be fixed. We're wondering if the pet ghost deletion still happens at all.

I'd move this to the bug tracker, but it's currently down. I'll use the forum section instead. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.