UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 535] spells and specials tweaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier

Account Terminated
[SVN 535] spells and specials tweaks

After reopening my OSI account and spending some time there, it became fairly obvious that some of our sounds, visual effects and some basic mechanics of various spells and special moves are wrong. I intend to go back and fix them all.

If you are aware of some please post them here in this thread as a reply and I will verify it, then add to this list. Please DO NOT post anything about spellweaving, as it is ML content as well as a problem errm project all its own.

I will start this list with the first few off the top of my head...

specials:
crushing blow - wrong particle effect.

magery:
magic trap - wrong particle effect, should require item to be child of caster.

Magic lock/unlock - missing valid targets
summon creature - should be 1 control slot, not 2
arch cure - should not make the "cure" sound for individual targets.
paralyze - displays particle effect around victim for duration of spell effect.
daemon - negative karma for casting.

All magery controllable "summon" spells should:
- inherit owner's fealty
- releasing causes overhead message: %s appears to have decided that it is better off ....
- healing summons is NOT a criminal act.
- white 'poof' particle effect when summon appears.

necro:
Lich form - player char animation casting spells and spiritspeak is missing.
Wraith form - player char animation casting spells and spiritspeak is missing.
Summon darkwolf - sound is wrong.
animate dead - corpse should not turn to bones after animating it.

(Completed ones have been removed!)

This patch is NOT meant for release, it only contains what is marked in blue above. Its here for anyone who wants to check it out, and nothing more.

Attachments

• spells-7-20-07.patch
    7.4 KB · Views: 18
Re: spells and specials tweaks

Maybe it's better to do a "wrong sound" thread?

I can say feys (creatures) have wrong sounds in RunUO.

P.S. Don't worry about spellweaving: there are no way to get spellweaving books in pre-ML, so it's not needed to separate things by adding Core.Extensions.

Xavier

Account Terminated

osd_daedalus;586267 said:
Maybe it's better to do a "wrong sound" thread?

I can say feys (creatures) have wrong sounds in RunUO.

P.S. Don't worry about spellweaving: there are no way to get spellweaving books in pre-ML, so it's not needed to separate things by adding Core.Extensions.

Well, by limiting the scope of this to spells and special moves, I can thoroughly go through this group of stuff and make sure it is ALL correct on demise with a definitive "goal". And its not just sounds! :p

But I agree, I stated that I dont want SW issues posted. I am working backwards and fixing old stuff - someone has to!

Athena

Account Terminated

Necro spell tweaks:

Lich form and Wraith form animation for casting spells and spiritspeak is missing.

Summon dark wolf sound is wrong.

Poison Strike should not damage caster - I have tested this on OSI using guilded characters in Trammel and Felucca and non-guilded in Trammel and Felucca. There is nothing in any of the publishes to say when or if this changed.

Athena

Account Terminated

Chivalry spell tweaks:

Sound on dispel evil is wrong - Two SoundID's are used on OSI, 0xF5 immediately followed by 0x299 - On demise it only plays 0x299

Female sound for noble sacrifice is wrong - SoundID 0x150 is used for Females

When using sacred journey on OSI you hear the same sound as the recall spell, there is currently no sound on Demise - SoundID 0x1FC

Xavier

Account Terminated
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] spells and specials tweaks

"summon creature" should only use 1 control slot, its 2 on demise. But I am having problems finding any references to changes to this spell. It doesnt really make sense to have ever been 2 control slots, but on the other hand OSI has done a lot of crap that just doesnt make sense.

Any input would be appreciated

Gisela

Bug Hunter

Is there supposed to be a particle effect for peacemaking? I always thought it was odd the mob just froze in place with no outward indication that it was under a special effect.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Unless they recently added it, peaced creatures never had any indicator that they were peaced. Odd - but true. Of course, it could have changed so something to look at if its possible.

Gisela

Bug Hunter

Another - poison strike doesn't seem to have a sound effect (unless it's something i've filtered out in my razor)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Xavier - since there hasn't been a report of this kind in a week, shall we mark this one as testing and cut off reporting any new ones to this thread - then a new bug report can be opened for the next batch? No sense in letting this one sit for weeks when it can go in and a new one can start....

opinion?

gilgamash

Knight

SRC Xavier;586251 said:
animate dead - corpse should not turn to bones after animating it.
[/COLOR]

Hoi, that is good news. But what about opened corpses (for looting) when someone animates dead creatures? On demise, the 'corpse loot bag' (or whatever it might be called) closes (I guess due to the hue change body -> bones? Have not yet looked at the code).

Is this the same behaviour on OSI? Cause it really s***s.....

G.

Xavier

Account Terminated

gilgamash;609036 said:
Hoi, that is good news. But what about opened corpses (for looting) when someone animates dead creatures? On demise, the 'corpse loot bag' (or whatever it might be called) closes (I guess due to the hue change body -> bones? Have not yet looked at the code).

Is this the same behaviour on OSI? Cause it really s***s.....

G.

Yeah its crappy, and yes that's how it is on OSI. The removable of the "bones" state after re-animate looks like it was intended just to make re-animating in champ spawns confusing - because that's all it seems to do.

Ive got over half of them done, and if I cant get the rest done next week, ill post the ones that are done.

If at least we could complete the "magery" list, we would have a valid patch to submit.

grim inc.

Sorceror

the greater dragons should cast arch cure,the cure does nothing when you need it most.also movement speed is slower than it should be.:)

Janki Boy

Wanderer

FYI,
The 2-3 updates ago in OSI, they fixed the Chiv Dispel Evil to
dispel summoned creatures now, like the Necro revenant.

uome

Bug Hunter

If it was changed on osi after SA i'm affraid we can't fix that yet. Any idea on what publish that fix was?

Status
Not open for further replies.