UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 529] Discordance Skill Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror
[SVN 529] Discordance Skill Timer

But according to demise's best player and know-it-all this needs not changing. Drucilia can help you all with this he KNOWS how this skill works.

TravisMills

Sorceror
Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Discordance Skill Timer

Yes your right use razor and record it on demise then on ea shard so they have proof. I think its a 10 second timer to use the skill again. And if the creature is discorded you cant discord it again till it stop twinkling.

Re: [TESTING] Discordance Skill Timer

Tested:

Used discordance, then I have tried to use every bard ability possible. I have to wait 12 seconds before I can use a bardic ability, otherwise I have the message you must wait to perform another action.

No idea how to break this, the patch is quite simple.

So it's OK for me.

I.P.Knightly;650156 said:
Try other skills that have a timer like animal lore, taming stuff like that,basically try other skills with the blue gem beside it.

Tried and you have to wait for all skills with a blue gem, including hiding and animal lore.

Also try discording something and hide or cast invisibility or go off screen and see if discordance stops after 15 seconds.

On demise right now if you go off screen and come back discordance is stopped and that is wrong.Mobs will stay discorded for 15 seconds if you are not visible to them before losing the effect.
A thing I haven't seen :eek:
If you hide or cast invisible on yourself, the discorded target remains so, until you make him go off screen. If you discord a target and run away/teleport immediately off and on screen, the target isn't discorded anymore.

And I tell you more: is who discorded the target that has to go away: I have tried with 2 characters and the target is out of discording as the bard who discorded it goes off screen from the creature.

That is to fix.
Also what happens when you discord a mob and while it is discorded you try to discord it again? On Demise it lets you do it again and you can gain skill discording an already discorded mob,this is also not right.

I get the message "The creature is already in discord", but I can still gain in discording skill trying to do it.

MalGanis

Sorceror
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Discordance Skill Timer

They took er jewbs, durka derr

Attachments

• Disco.patch
    5.9 KB · Views: 12

Bama

Bug Huntress
Re: [TESTING-TC] Discordance Skill Timer

I tested this
The skill timer for both failed and successful has been corrected

Problems
Hiding does not break the discordance after 15 seconds but it should
Discording, running off screen and back whether a fraction of a second or 14.99 seconds breaks discordance and it should not

You can no longer discord what is already discorded ( skill gain abuse ) which is correct but if you do try to discord something discorded you have to wait out the timer which is not correct.
So the system message is right but there shouldn't be a cool down time for the skill because nothing happened no failed attempt no successful attempt but the code has one

MalGanis

Sorceror

Hers the patch
  • Range: The base range of all bard abilities is 8 tiles, with each 15 points of skill in the ability being used increasing this range by one tile. Bards must be within this range of the target to use the ability. Furthermore, the bard must remain within this range or the ability's effect ends.
  • Continuation: Once Discordance has been used on a target, the bard must remain alive, visible, and within range of the target or the effect ends. Regarding creatures with "Dragon AI" (such as daemons, drakes, hellhounds, nightmares, and, of course, dragons): if at any point the bard moves while using any barding song, that may compel the creature to retarget on the moving character.
  • Delay: is 12 seconds for valid try.

Attachments

• Discordance Skill svn524.patch
    2.5 KB · Views: 3

Bama

Bug Huntress

MalGanis;759275 said:
Hers the patch
  • Range: Furthermore, the bard must remain within this range or the ability's effect ends.

In 15 seconds right?

MalGanis;759275 said:
Hers the patch

• Continuation: Once Discordance has been used on a target, the bard must remain alive, visible, and within range of the target or the effect ends.

In 15 seconds right?

Sorry I can't read code that is why I ask

MalGanis

Sorceror

If your asking about duration of disco, then it depends on ur disco skill:

Code:
duration = disco * 2 seconds

Bama

Bug Huntress

Duration of discordance has nothing to do with how high my skill is

With 120 musicianship and jack of all trades discordance I can discord a sheep
duration = disco * 2 seconds
So real skill (0.0) * 2 = 0 seconds I use this example because of the BoD fiasco
Or
Jack of all trades (20) * 2 = 40 seconds
Both are wrong because on osi as long as I (and the sheep) stay alive visible and on screen to/with that sheep it will stay discorded
If the creature is a mount and the bard or the owner was to mount it it stays discorded as long as the bard and the creature are alive visible and on screen together

If I was to hide or die or go off screen any creature that I discorded remains discorded for 15 seconds (no matter what my skill level is).If I reveal myself come back to life or come back on screen before the 15 seconds has elapsed the creature remains in discord

If I want to train my greater dragon by discording it after doing so I can soul stone the skills and the pet remains discorded until
I die and can not get back to the pet in 15 seconds
It dies
I am not visible to the pet or it to me for over 15 seconds whether hidden or off screen

This is why I asked if it was 15 seconds

Another question
What is the cool down time between uses both successful and failure and between skills?
As it is now on demise you can use discord and right away use any other skill which is game mechanic/skill gain/game play abuse
Example
Discord 2 creatures and provoke them within 3 seconds
This is just plain wrong but it is how it works on demise though impossible to do on osi

MalGanis

Sorceror

Oh, ok. What about duration itself (2x disco), is it correct or does it need some more tweaking?

What is the cool down time between uses both successful and failure and between skills?
Should be 12 seconds now.

Bama

Bug Huntress

MalGanis;759481 said:
Oh, ok. What about duration itself (2x disco), is it correct or does it need some more tweaking?
I have never heard of anything like disco*2

You discord a creature
The creature remains in discord providing
* you stay alive **if you die you have 15 seconds to resurrect and get to where the creature is and can see you**
* the creature stays alive ** if the creature dies the discordance ends **
* you are not hidden or invisible for over 15 seconds
* the creature is not hidden or invisible for over 15 seconds
* you are not off screen for over 15 seconds
* the creature is not off screen for over 15 seconds
This is how it is with 0.0 to 120.0 skill in discordance

MalGanis

Sorceror

Ohhh now i get u, creature stays discorded indefinitly, well at least until one of those conditions is broken.

Bama

Bug Huntress

MalGanis;759500 said:
Ohhh now i get u, creature stays discorded indefinitly, well at least until one of those conditions is broken.

Right

MalGanis

Sorceror

Thanks for the info :)

Attachments

• Discordance Skill svn524.patch
    4.3 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.