UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"studded" hybrid armor?

Should Hybrid Studded Armor be implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Sure, if the tailoring needed would be 110+

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Everyone wants to complain about how dexxers/tank mages need changing, fixing, buffing, etc. in order to be competitive in pvp, yet that will NEVER happen as long as hybrid armor is around. The biggest buff to weapon wielders (aside from those rich enough to afford their hybrid armor) would be to get rid or seriously nerf this armor. Genocide Pete and others can cry all they want about how they spent hundreds of mils to aquire their armor, but this is only proving that the shard is moving towards item-based pvp.

How does his armor effect mages. Its not like it reduces pot or spell damage......

There is very few sets of this armor that it should pay no factor in weither or not classes get more balanced. The armor has to be repaired and it is not like Powder of Fort isn't raining from the sky.

Where in that post did I say anything about mages? Maybe you should reread it. I specifically stated that hybrid armor is a huge nerf to dexxers/tank mages (The very classes people say need fixing in order to be competitive. You and Vizeroth both were of that same mentality were you not?).

Honestly hybrid armor or not as you said makes little to no difference at all to me. I don't use weapons so you are right it has very little effect on me. It's obvious that it's detrimental to shard though and I feel like is moving more towards item based pvp.

GimpCent

Knight
Where in that post did I say anything about mages? Maybe you should reread it. I specifically stated that hybrid armor is a huge nerf to dexxers/tank mages (The very classes people say need fixing in order to be competitive. You and Vizeroth both were of that same mentality were you not?).

Honestly hybrid armor or not as you said makes little to no difference at all to me. I don't use weapons so you are right it has very little effect on me. It's obvious that it's detrimental to shard though and I feel like is moving more towards item based pvp.

Yeah I was wrong that is why I deleted it before you replied, I did reread it and noticed that I didn't understand you the first time.

I have no problem sorry

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Everyone wants to complain about how dexxers/tank mages need changing, fixing, buffing, etc. in order to be competitive in pvp, yet that will NEVER happen as long as hybrid armor is around. The biggest buff to weapon wielders (aside from those rich enough to afford their hybrid armor) would be to get rid or seriously nerf this armor. Genocide Pete and others can cry all they want about how they spent hundreds of mils to aquire their armor, but this is only proving that the shard is moving towards item-based pvp.
lol. I'm amused at the notion that I'm single-handedly shaping the template decisions of the player base.

Have you ever even played a warrior? Have you fought one wearing valorite armor of ANY kind, let alone plate mail? Why don't you go do a little testing with some undine and tell me how often you deal more than a single point of damage against a plate suit (don't forget your helmet and AR clothing - I know how much you trammelites love your hats and skirts).

Dumbass newbs love to speak about game balance without having any clue what they're talking about. But I suppose I shouldn't judge your kind too harshly; after all, this game has been out for over a decade, yet the combat formulas still remain a mystery.

Last edited:

Base Jumper

Traveler
Hybrid leather from Hybrid dragon (Maybe just 2 at a time?), and dangerous mining spots (Inside dungeon?) for hybrid ore with a very low smelting rate.

Refund/Give items to replace blessed sets of armor.

I think high powered AR with no dex loss would be a good implement for rich pvpers, and people who crave an extra edge. It would also give a new market for players to make gold. And add another allure to enter dungeons. I think the thing that irritates people the most is that the armor is blessed. Def OP.

GimpCent

Knight
Hybrid leather from Hybrid dragon (Maybe just 2 at a time?), and dangerous mining spots (Inside dungeon?) for hybrid ore with a very low smelting rate.

Refund/Give items to replace blessed sets of armor.

I think high powered AR with no dex loss would be a good implement for rich pvpers, and people who crave an extra edge. It would also give a new market for players to make gold. And add another allure to enter dungeons. I think the thing that irritates people the most is that the armor is blessed. Def OP.

Hmm no

I am sure Vizeroth will handle this so I wont waste my time but if he refuses I will gladly. He just does it better and in a more respectful manner.

And no I don't even have a single piece of hybrid armor..... so that isnt why I disagree with you.

Base Jumper

Traveler
I don't think a wipe or nerf is coming so were just gonna have to wait for pieces to start breaking...

This was a very popular item to redeem, it isn't a handout and I am not going advocate a nerf or wipe.
They are selling blessed weapons and helms of insight and other goodies as we speak... I personally think this was a wrong direction to go and should be remedied. I really don't know how. But to firmly take the shard away from these unique character boosting items which something UOG was never about is needed. But yea I do favor a different direction ;)

GimpCent

Knight
I don't think a wipe or nerf is coming so were just gonna have to wait for pieces to start breaking...

This was a very popular item to redeem, it isn't a handout and I am not going advocate a nerf or wipe.
They are selling blessed weapons and helms of insight and other goodies as we speak... I personally think this was a wrong direction to go and should be remedied. I really don't know how. But to firmly take the shard away from these unique character boosting items which something UOG was never about is needed. But yea I do favor a different direction ;)

Hmm yes agreed

toddy2

Page
I fought you a few months back Viz with a verite war hammer and put atleast 15 crushing blows into your armor and only could get you just under half health b4 your bandie kicked in. Your armor didnt even break or loose AR and you think this isn't OP?

GimpCent

Knight
I fought you a few months back Viz with a verite war hammer and put atleast 15 crushing blows into your armor and only could get you just under half health b4 your bandie kicked in. Your armor didnt even break or loose AR and you think this isn't OP?

It does break and it does lose AR.... I am confused to how you know it didnt lose AR? You seem to making shit up

You are being dramatic over !!% more AR. Do you even know what the AR of Hybrid armor is? Because that is not even what makes Hybrid Armor so strong compared to other armor sets.

Hybrid armor is only powerful because it doesn't have dex loss. The current system of armor and dex loss is oddly chaotic and broken. Closed Helms for example give the same AR as Plate Helms but one has dex loss and one doesn't.

Currently right now dexxers are punished for wearing armor. The dex loss on all armor should be removed all together. Allowing dexxers full access to all forms of armor not only makes sense but it cleans up a lot of wasted unused items; well at the same time giving them the buff they need to be competitive vs mages. This also will bring Hybrid armor more in line with current forms of armor. Reducing bitching about it overnight.

We don't need special ore or new types of armor. It isn't going to fix anything even if you increase the AR, hybrid armor will still have a massive dex advantage.

On a side note the damage from mind blast needs to be massively reduced. For 14 mana any mage gets an auto kill button on most dexxers. Due to mind blast alone dexxers are forced to reduce the very thing that makes them dexxers. In tournaments and events dexxers get no access to magic reflect but yet mages get reactive armor and mind blast. A mage can just cast mind blast over over and there is nothing I can do but die. Is this what mages believe is skill? I hope not

We have no way of blocking mind blast other than forgoing the very thing that makes our template. I have bought this up to GMs in private only to be laughed at but I am not wrong. Events and Tounaments are by the rules excessively unfair towards dexxers. Mind blast is broken completely broken in its current form for just 14 mana.

For 14 mana Mind Blast + exp pot I am close to dead
For 14 mana Mind Blast + exp pot + lighting I am dead.
For 34 mana Explosion + Mind Blast + Exp Pot I am dead.
Or maybe the famous Mind Blast + Mind Blast + Exp Pot death spam for 28 mana

Dexxers get no such auto win vs mages. So for all the no skill comments dexxers get honestly I just laugh at the ignorance their comments present. I don't even know mages die to me or Viz or any of us, YOU HAVE TO BE HORRIBLE TO DIE TO A DEXXER with how mind blast works.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
god damnit this thread was so good until tl;dr

lot of honesty and good discussion from staff and active solo PVPers.

wait a second, what have we become?!?

THIS IS NOT THE HOUSE I GREW UP IN, THESE ARE NOT MY WIFE AND KIDS!!

Last edited:

Tobias

Sorceror
For 14 mana Mind Blast + exp pot I am close to dead
For 14 mana Mind Blast + exp pot + lighting I am dead.
For 34 mana Explosion + Mind Blast + Exp Pot I am dead.
Or maybe the famous Mind Blast + Mind Blast + Exp Pot death spam for 28 mana

Since when does any dexxer roll 100 25 100 theese days?
Mindblast gives shitty damage with the right stats.

lol. I'm amused at the notion that I'm single-handedly shaping the template decisions of the player base.

Have you ever even played a warrior? Have you fought one wearing valorite armor of ANY kind, let alone plate mail? Why don't you go do a little testing with some undine and tell me how often you deal more than a single point of damage against a plate suit (don't forget your helmet and AR clothing - I know how much you trammelites love your hats and skirts).

Dumbass newbs love to speak about game balance without having any clue what they're talking about. But I suppose I shouldn't judge your kind too harshly; after all, this game has been out for over a decade, yet the combat formulas still remain a mystery.

Never did I say you were single-handedly. Hybrid armor on the other hand is.

You make no sense at all. Yes you do little damage as a dexxer to someone in a full plate suit of any kind. The difference is people with hybrid armor have absolutely no dex loss. There is not a single negative to wearing hybrid armor and that is what is overpowered. You can act like it isn't all day long, but if you weren't one of the rich few that has this armor I GUARANTEE you would be complaining about it. Item based pvp is only fun for the people that can afford the items. Why can't you be more for skill based pvp?

You can talk like I am a newb all day long but I am the one that has knocked you out of the two last tournies I entered. It seems when you take gheal wands and running for miles out of the equation you don't last long.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Never did I say you were single-handedly. Hybrid armor on the other hand is.

You make no sense at all. Yes you do little damage as a dexxer to someone in a full plate suit of any kind. The difference is people with hybrid armor have absolutely no dex loss. There is not a single negative to wearing hybrid armor and that is what is overpowered. You can act like it isn't all day long, but if you weren't one of the rich few that has this armor I GUARANTEE you would be complaining about it. Item based pvp is only fun for the people that can afford the items. Why can't you be more for skill based pvp?

You can talk like I am a newb all day long but I am the one that has knocked you out of the two last tournies I entered. It seems when you take gheal wands and running for miles out of the equation you don't last long.
You can kill a dexxer locked in a cage? I'm sure we're all impressed.

I've already said that Hybrid armor is overpowered. What I don't agree with is the extent to which it is so. Yes, a single dexxer isn't going to do shit against me. However, he wasn't going to do anything in the first place. If you actually played the game, you'd know that warrior vs. warrior combat is garbage, and it'll only be worse now that explosion potions have been nerfed. Dexxers barely hurt each other unless one of them is an under-equipped newb or a fight with a macer drags out. That's just reality.

No matter how Hybrid armor is handled, someone loses out. If it remains untouched, those who have it will have a bit of a statistical advantage over those who don't. If it gets removed, weakened, or made available again, those who have invested in it will have gotten fucked out of their time and effort in a big way. Humans are terrible at comprehending large numbers, but 150+ million is a LOT OF FUCKING GOLD to lose. You understand that that is a factor in how this armor should be handled, yes? Can you weave a strong enough argument to convince us that the best course of action is to royally fuck a handful of players financially because they have a slight advantage in certain scenarios?

-rhythm-

Sorceror
Level the playing field? You understand that Hybrid armor has no effect against most mages, yes? This would be like saying "you know, since mages can cast Magic Reflect, warriors deserve a buff to Parrying that provides a chance to block spells in order to even the playing field." There's no logical connection.
wait.. alchy dexers cant cast reflect?

You can kill a dexxer locked in a cage? I'm sure we're all impressed.

I've already said that Hybrid armor is overpowered. What I don't agree with is the extent to which it is so. Yes, a single dexxer isn't going to do shit against me. However, he wasn't going to do anything in the first place. If you actually played the game, you'd know that warrior vs. warrior combat is garbage, and it'll only be worse now that explosion potions have been nerfed. Dexxers barely hurt each other unless one of them is an under-equipped newb or a fight with a macer drags out. That's just reality.

No matter how Hybrid armor is handled, someone loses out. If it remains untouched, those who have it will have a bit of a statistical advantage over those who don't. If it gets removed, weakened, or made available again, those who have invested in it will have gotten fucked out of their time and effort in a big way. Humans are terrible at comprehending large numbers, but 150+ million is a LOT OF FUCKING GOLD to lose. You understand that that is a factor in how this armor should be handled, yes? Can you weave a strong enough argument to convince us that the best course of action is to royally fuck a handful of players financially because they have a slight advantage in certain scenarios?

You resorted to name calling and calling me a newb so I corrected you. You like to talk like you are some God and I am some newb so I wanted to put you back down in your place.

You aren't going to convince me to feel sorry about the 3 or 4 people who are rich enough to own hybrid armor if it gets nerfed. Pissing off a few people does not outweigh unbalancing the game for many. You can argue that it's only a slight advantage, but you are wearing blessed undine plate armor with absolutely no dexterity loss. Other dexxers or tank mages HAVE to sacrifice less armor in order to field. You will win against any weapon wielder every single time simply because of the fact that you have this armor. That is called item-based PvP my friend which IMO is not a good thing. It's easy for you to defend because you have a horse in this race. Like I said before if you guys didn't have this armor I would hate to see how badly you would be crying about it being that you play nothing but dexxers.

All I am saying is there needs to be some downside to this armor. Currently there is none. Maybe make it actually cost some dexterity. Make it equal in AR to invul leather with no dex loss.