UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Story Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irina

Wanderer
Story Contest

Have you ever seen Extreme Home Makeover on TV? This contest is kind of like that, but not exactly...

How to enter:

1. Write a story at least 5 good paragraphs long about trying to decorate on Hybrid, but failing. It'll basically be a sob story. It doesn't all have to be true, be creative.
2. Take screenshots of your current house (YOU MUST HAVE A HOUSE CURRENTLY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST, EVEN JUST A 7X7. That or have a great story, and good screenshots of someone else's house). The house must be somewhat decorated, even if it's just chests on the ground. You have to incorporate your design into your story.
3. Email it to me by December 24th. My email is [email protected]

Instructions on Emailing me:

1. Topic must be "Makeover entry"
2. Include your story, screenshots, account name (not your password), how long you've been playing Hybrid, and why you should win this contest.

Prizes:

1st place: Fully customized and decorated 18x18 house on Swamp
2nd place: Customized/undecorated 18x14 near Chaos Shrine
3rd place: Uncustomized/not decorated 10x14 plot in Skara Brae

Prizes will be given out on December 25th whenever I get a chance to log on that day :)

Entries will be read by all staff that want to see them and judged by everyone, but ultimately I'll be the deciding factor incase there's a tie.

Questions? Post here or email me :)

Irina

Wanderer
Re: Story Contest

Astrex said:
must own a house to win a house?

what about us that done have houses and need one? :(

There are still lots of 7x7 places to place a house, and I'm sure lots of players would sell you a house.

You can still enter, but you have to have an amazing story. :D

JamesD

Wanderer

sounds cool... too bad I didnt write an essay about this already for one of my english classes! Eff! And I'm thinking, they should be turned in to turnitin.com to be checked for plagiarism, because that is illegal, and cheaters go to hell according to Catholics.

spiky

Wanderer

Could anyone explain what is a HOME MAKEOVER story ???
Didn't realize it ....
If i could understand, I might try

Zerbean

Wanderer

if you read the rules... you don't actually need to own a house.... you just have to have a "really good story and screenshots of someone elses house"

Thus since I started yesterday... I'll be in that category :p

앙쓰백작

Traveler

Is this Event for English User??

well I can write down with english

but I am sure u can't translate....

Irina

Wanderer

앙쓰백작 said:
Is this Event for English User??

well I can write down with english

but I am sure u can't translate....

You're free to join in as long as you write in english. I'm sure I'll understand whatever you type in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.