UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Storage Wars!!

Is everyone familiar with the show storage wars? I thought it would be cool if we did this in game with house plots. Have 3 or 4 house plots with chest and other containers filled with stuff and other things locked down in plain sight. Have people bid on these plots with the plot going to the highest bidder... After the last plot sells, we could take the money gathered and buy xmas gifts to put on a final plot and set a window on when we are gonna drop it... I would do this myself if I had the resources, but I don't... If someone has the resources and would like to do it, I would be more than happy to help and donate some stuff... Let me know!!!

WarEagle

Page
I'm not sure what would entice people to participate in this...

Either the person who puts the items on the plot takes a loss or the winning bid is greater than the value of the items contained within.

If you're out there bidding, you're taking all the risk as the "auctioneer" is going to know what is in the house and its worth. You're just asking to be scammed.

That's why certain items will be locked down in plain site so they can see that there is value to the house... The money received doesn't stay with the person who is selling it, it would of gone toward xmas gifts that would then be put on a house that will be dropped at a set time.. So like 3-4 auctions and then a house drop where there should be plenty of pvp.. A lot of fun for all, no scamming involved, everything would be donated and everyone comes out a winner..

WarEagle

Page
That's why certain items will be locked down in plain site so they can see that there is value to the house... The money received doesn't stay with the person who is selling it, it would of gone toward xmas gifts that would then be put on a house that will be dropped at a set time.. So like 3-4 auctions and then a house drop where there should be plenty of pvp.. A lot of fun for all, no scamming involved, everything would be donated and everyone comes out a winner..

Oh, I guess I didn't consider that people would be willing to just give their stuff away.

even with stuff locked down you are still EXTREMELY likely to over pay on every single thing... espeically when you are saying you will buy xmas presents and lock them down in a house and drop it. imo this sounds like either a very poor thought out event or a damn scam

also why are so many threads popping up asking for donations to do an event? if you are to broke to do it yourself then do something on a smaller scale

I just made a suggestion and said I would help if someone else wanted to do it. If enough people donated to make the event happen, you might not overpay for something.. You also get the plot the stuff is on. War Eagle, all of these public ran events are people giving away things, have you not noticed? I'm not trying to scam was just trying to come up with something fun to do, hell we could even get an upstanding person in the UO community to hold the money, I was just trying to think of something new.. I could supply some decent items, I just wouldn't be able to do the whole thing by myself and that's why I came up with the idea and said I would help...