UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Stealing sets criminal timer

Rickkwan

Traveler
When stealing rares in Doom, Fan Dojo or the Mines, if some monster, (or the NPC in the case of Doom), is nearby the 3 minute timer will start counting. Obviously, this prevents me from recalling out of some nasty situations!

What doesn't make sense is that a thief would be subject to this timer in areas where rares are placed just to be stolen! Am I missing something here?

Rickkwan

Traveler
Uh huh. I can see being flagged by stealing from a player - not when a monster sees me. If this is how it works, then I should be flagged every time I steal from a locked box in a town store. But I'm not.

Kallitcha

Squire
Uh huh. I can see being flagged by stealing from a player - not when a monster sees me. If this is how it works, then I should be flagged every time I steal from a locked box in a town store. But I'm not.
I recall this discussion on osi many many years ago, it was intended to prevent someone from scripting steal, campfire, logout, repeat after the item re spawned (not sure if the items here on demise are on a specific timer like they originally were on osi) Also, it requires you to either battle your way out, or if your smart hide and stealth till the timer is up.

Rickkwan

Traveler
Yeah, that's exactly what I do - run and hide!

What you're saying makes sense and does explain this. I wasn't sure and figured I'd ask and find out!

Thanks!

try make ninja 50 and just... smoke bomb... this way never dead...
That works if you can stay alive for the 10 second cooldown between a steal attempt and using a smoke bomb. Unless they changed it, smoke bombs have the same cooldown as stealing and hiding. I personally got around this by making a mage thief. Steal, cast invis, then stealth walk to a relatively safe spot to un-invis and hide (because invis expires) til the criminal timer is up. Or just stealth around and steal more stuff, because it doesn't seem to reset the timer if you are seen stealing while it's still active, and who cares what gibberlings think of your morals anyway?

It's still kind of amusing, though, that stealing in view of a monster triggers the timer. I'm imagining a lich lord getting all incensed and calling the police tip hotline because some player stole that stack of books AGAIN.