UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Starting Item List (Newb'd Items)

Minsc

Sorceror
Starting Item List (Newb'd Items)

Here's for all your poor people, who can't afford blessed stuff, but want to keep their pretty clothing.

All characters start with either:
Shirt ("Fancy Shirt", "Doublet" & "Shirt")
Skirt (If Girl)
Short Pants (If Boy)
Shoes (Usualy brown, church shoes)
Dagger
Book
1000gp
--------------------------------------------
Pre-Set Templates:

Warrior:
2 katanas, 53 bandages, scissors, and a leather tunic, robe (Thanks to "Jam")

Blacksmith:
Half Apron, Random Blacksmithing Tool, 3 Random Mining Tools, 50 Iron Ingots, katana

Magery:
2-3 random Scrolls from the first four circles, 1-10 of each Reagent, Spellbook with 12 spells for each from the first four circles, a wizard's hat

-------------------------------------
"Advance" Chosen Skills:

Alchemy:
3 each of 4 random Reagents, 4 Bottles, Mortar & Pestle, Robe

Anatomy:
3 Bandages, Robe

Animal Lore:
Robe, Shepherd's Crook

Animal Taming:
Shepherd's Crook

Archery:
25 Arrows, Bow

Arms Lore:
Random weapon

Begging:
Gnarled Staff

Blacksmithy:
Half Apron, Random Blacksmithing Tool, 2 Random Mining Tools, 50 Iron Ingots

Bowcraft/Fletch:
14 Boards, 5 Feathers, 5 Shafts ***If female**** Kilt

Camping:
Bedroll, 5 Kindling

Carpentry:
10 Boards, Half Apron (brown), Random Carpentry Tool

Cartography:
4 Blank Maps, Sextant

Cooking :
2 Kindling, Raw Leg of Lamb, Raw Chicken Leg, Raw Fish Slice, Flour Sack (full), Water Pitcher (full)

Detecting Hidden:
Cloak

Discordance:
Musical Instrument

Fencing:
Kryss

Fishing:
Fishing Pole, Floppy Hat

Healing:
50 Bandages, Scissors

Herding:
Shepherd's Crook

Hiding:
Cloak

Item ID:
Gnarled Staff

Lockpicking:
20 Lockpicks

Lumberjacking:
Hatchet

Mace Fighting:
Club

Magery:
2-3 random Scrolls from the first four circles, 1-10 of each Reagent, Spellbook with 12 spells for each from the first four circles, a wizard's hat

Mining:
Pickaxe or Shovel

Musicianship:
Music Instrument

Parrying:
Wooden Shield

Peacemaking:
Musical Instrument

Poisoning:
2 Poison Potions

Provocation:
Musical instrument

Snooping:
20 Lockpicks

Stealing:
20 Lockpicks

Swordsmanship:
Katana

Tactics:
Katana

Tailoring:
A Bolt of Cloth, Sewing Kit

Taste ID:
3 random Potions

Tinkering:
Tinker Tools

Tracking:
Boots, Skinning Knife

Veterinary:
5 Bandages, Scissors

Wrestling:
Leather Gloves

If you know anymore, post in here and I'll add them to the list.

Jam-hybrid

Knight
Re: Starting Item List (Newb'd Items)

If you choose warrior instead of going to advanced when making a new char, you'll get 2 katanas, 53 bandages, scissors, and a newb leather tunic.

Krystofer

Sorceror

Handy list! I've always puzzled over how to get newbed boots and a cloak.. Now I know.

Minsc

Sorceror

I've added "kilt" for Bow/Fletch when female, I'm not sure if it works on other skills, but it probibly does.

Konoe

Page

Suil Ban said:
We need a UOG ripoff of Stratics. Someone tried to start one a few months ago, but never went through with it. I think I may start one if I can get a team going on it. WHO'S WITH ME?
yah im acually doing this stuff in class so im in if yur really doin it so get ahold of me or somthing

a noob

Sorceror

I just tried the fletching/bowcraft skill as a female and I didn't get a kilt, but I got a skirt. Is this random?

jesot

Sorceror

I used to make chars to get newb items all the time, and the kilt was one of the main things I'd go after (along with boots and half aprons), but I forget which skills get it...

I know I used to do smith and tracking, but I forget the 3rd skill...might be tinkering.

Cebrious Arcane

Forum Murderer

a noob said:
I just tried the fletching/bowcraft skill as a female and I didn't get a kilt, but I got a skirt. Is this random?
Yeah, skirt of kilt on the ladies.

jesot said:
I used to make chars to get newb items all the time, and the kilt was one of the main things I'd go after (along with boots and half aprons), but I forget which skills get it...

I know I used to do smith and tracking, but I forget the 3rd skill...might be tinkering.
You'll get some newb'd tinker tools with tinkering, hehe. Just make the toon female and you'll get a kilt, more than likely. I always went for the skirt and half apron combo. Blacksmith and Tracking will get the apron and boots, respectively, I think the third one is up to you. I used to take healing because newbied scissors are profoundly useful, alchemy is good for the mortar as well.