UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Starting blacksmith: vendoring items for profit.

Melonfanta

Wanderer
Hi,
I just started on this shard and trying to make money with blacksmithing.
I noticed the vendors stop buying your crafted items after a while...

In this case, do I need to wait for a certain amount of time? Or is there a specific item I could keep selling for a stable source of money. I would like to somehow, make a stable income with my smith/miner to buy some regs for my alt.

thanks in advance

Uomvp

Knight
little confused about your question but there is no waiting period. You just need to be at the correct level or chance of percent to make the item.

No, their is a waiting period.

If you sell a vendor too many of one item, they will not buy anymore off you - I think the respawn is 1 hour 30 minutes... (But I cannot be sure).

Melonfanta

Wanderer
Ah ok...So the wait is longer than i thought. Guess I will have to travel from town to town.
Is this what every new smith does? I'm thinking i should consider killing monsters for money instead :(

thanks for the replies.

BriarMoss

Sorceror
Yeah, or fill BODS, or they have a ton of money set aside and just macro to GM. Up to you how you want to play it.

sqbox

Sorceror
Yeah it's 90 minutes and vendors come with 2500 gold.
http://www.uogamers.com/knowledge/q...ake+for+a+shop+vendor+to+restock+their+goods?

they do get % of gold when people buy from the vendor, but it must be small % and have hard limit.

So overall it's not a good money maker (unless doing everything AFK). And if you did some calculations... I think dagger came out like 10-15 gp per ingot ... not really worth it. weapons LBOD came out around 12-20gp per ingots ... too much work for the profits... about the only thing worth doing was pole arm (halberd/bardiche) which was close to 20-40gp per ingot since it's only 2 pieces vs weapons (5 or 6).

tailor is better profit margin since base cost is lower 1.5 gp cloth vs 5.5gp ingots. but each vendor only has 2500 gp (every 90 minutes).

Melonfanta, if you want to make money with a smith without doing bods or buying runic hammers ect, your best bet is to sell armor to players made of gold/agapite/verite/valorite