UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Solution to Your problems

Hazard1

Wanderer
Solution to Your problems

Well since evryone is angry about faction tamers, there is one very simple fix to all this, make it so your pets donnot flag orange as in your pets dont reflect what faction,order,chaos, or wared guild you are. This will eliminate people from usuing pets in factions because doing so would be a criminal act since the enamy isnt orange to yout pets.

This will also make it much easyer for those of us who cant ride ethies and use bonded horses/warhorses/beetles etc. When one of these mounts is killed by an enamy factioner it can render you mountless for quite a while before you can find somone in your own faction with veterenary to rez it.

I dont see any downsides to this, tamers will still be able to defend themselves againts reds while hunting, bola throwing tamers dominating all in factions will go away, and you wont have to wait houers and houers untill you find somone who can rez your dead mount.

pls tell me what you guys think of this idea and if you see any flaws or potential problems if it was actually implemented

Who

Wanderer
Even though im against faction tamers this is definately not a solution. Faction tamers need to still be a viable class, their pets just need to be tweaked or something.

Hazard1

Wanderer
This is the first shard iv played on that has tamers in pvp, so i dont think its essential to have em in factions.

Vexorcism

Wanderer
Hazard1 said:
Well since evryone is angry about faction tamers, there is one very simple fix to all this, make it so your pets donnot flag orange as in your pets dont reflect what faction,order,chaos, or wared guild you are. This will eliminate people from usuing pets in factions because doing so would be a criminal act since the enamy isnt orange to yout pets.

This will also make it much easyer for those of us who cant ride ethies and use bonded horses/warhorses/beetles etc. When one of these mounts is killed by an enamy factioner it can render you mountless for quite a while before you can find somone in your own faction with veterenary to rez it.

I dont see any downsides to this, tamers will still be able to defend themselves againts reds while hunting, bola throwing tamers dominating all in factions will go away, and you wont have to wait houers and houers untill you find somone who can rez your dead mount.

pls tell me what you guys think of this idea and if you see any flaws or potential problems if it was actually implemented

Except any faction mount you have will automatically be flagged orange, whether it has been asked to guard or kill or neither. This isn't OSI and that rules for faction pets there do not apply here. So if your bolad, your mount is going to die unless its a war horse, in that case it simply last longer before it dies.

Hazard1

Wanderer
nah man you didnt understand me, i was implying they make it that faction status doesnt work like guild status so it has no effect on your pets, this means saying all guard/all kill wont flag the pet to your faction just to your guild, thus allowing it to stay blue to enamy factioners. This means that if you attack an OJ with a pet it will attack but get insta guardwhacked since its blue, this also doesnt allow enamny factioners to kill your mount cause it will be blue also.

Vexorcism

Wanderer
Hazard1 said:
nah man you didnt understand me, i was implying they make it that faction status doesnt work like guild status so it has no effect on your pets, this means saying all guard/all kill wont flag the pet to your faction just to your guild, thus allowing it to stay blue to enamy factioners. This means that if you attack an OJ with a pet it will attack but get insta guardwhacked since its blue, this also doesnt allow enamny factioners to kill your mount cause it will be blue also.

Oh I thought you were saying that we should just not say all kill / guard me with our pets so they wouldn't flag to faction.... The perma blue pet idea would work, except tamer's pets would flag blue and still munch on ya... Thats like two steps back in the gimpy tamer subject.

Edit: reread your post about the pets flagging criminal... Now it makes sense... But still the faction tamers would cry about this =P

C

Cricket

Hazard1 said:
This is the first shard iv played on that has tamers in pvp, so i dont think its essential to have em in factions.

Amazing.

Must be a rude awakening for ya...:\

~C

EastB

Wanderer
Hazard1 said:

Yeah that works until faction raids involving SL/Minax come into play.

Sure it's unfair that we have planes that can drop a 2000 bomb from 50,000 feet up and hit someone right on their head, but should we not do that because it's not fair?

All I'm saying is make bolas take tactics. That's the way it was on OSI. If nothing else the tamers would have to drop a skill for it or run around with a dexer to knock people off their mounts. It's not a big change I'm suggesting, it's how bolas were desgined in the first place. I don't know why it isn't like that here allready.

As for running around for 5 hours looking for someone to rez your pet? Why don't you make a new account and train up vet/lore and put that char in your faction then leave him at your house to use whenever you need him.

Hazard1

Wanderer
EastB said:
As for running around for 5 hours looking for someone to rez your pet? Why don't you make a new account and train up vet/lore and put that char in your faction then leave him at your house to use whenever you need him.

Yea i actually had to end up doing that but i im not wrong you can only have one factioner per accnt [or thats what it siad when i tried to join] this makes me have to use up my faction spot on my finnaly accnt just so i can rez a mount.

Hazard1

Wanderer
thought your only allowed 3, still havnt heard anyone debate my idea guess faction corner is only for bragging about who onws who. Ill try posting in trammel next time probably get a better reply's

EastB

Wanderer
Cricket said:
I'm proud of you son.

~C

Thanks Pa! :rolleyes:

Well how's this, you pm me, i'll make you an account and even trai up vet/lore and join whichever faction you want with that char.

EastB said:

OR do what osi did later and make it where faction pets can be rezed by non faction tamers

C

Cricket

EastB said:
Thanks Pa! :rolleyes:

Well how's this, you pm me, i'll make you an account and even trai up vet/lore and join whichever faction you want with that char.

:p

Faction tamers are still evil, even if in Minax. The only difference is then they are a part of the minority, not the omfg pwn factions.

~C