UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

So..

scipio

Sorceror
Why are we creating all these guilds. there are only so many RPers and ppl within the community..I think we should focus on the already set up guilds and what not. whats everyone's opinions?

G-Star

Wanderer
Definatley true, all these guilds are just diluting all rpers to only a few members per guild. I think the first few main ones should establish themselves before anymore new ones start up!

Two Wolves

Knight
If the existing guilds where broad enough to get everybody's interest, then there would be no new guilds being started.

I think it is not true that there is a limited pool of RPers and that new guilds essentially take away from established guilds.

If somebody joins a new guild, who has never joined an RP guild before, you just recruited an new RP'r.

There is nothing stopping people from joining two guilds.

It would be my suggestion to create an over-arching RP guild, with a RP town player-made town, ask players to elaborate they're affiliation in a thread and reflected in their guild title. I see that offering a more active RP community, but I do see how individualized guilds may be opposed to such.

scipio

Sorceror
If the existing guilds where broad enough to get everybody's interest, then there would be no new guilds being started.

I think it is not true that there is a limited pool of RPers and that new guilds essentially take away from established guilds.

If somebody joins a new guild, who has never joined an RP guild before, you just recruited an new RP'r.

There is nothing stopping people from joining two guilds.

This is true about new RP'ers but then if they join another guild it just becomes an alt. Guilds full of alts just don't work. The player is going to side with one side more than the other and that isn't fair to the other guild is what I am saying.

The fact of the matter is there is a limited number of people on this server, about 500 on anytime. Not everyone is an RP'er or wants to become one. There just isn't enough people to have like 10 different guilds.

G-Star

Wanderer
I've not really seen this to be true. When out recruiting new members, the members that actually join only seem to be active for a few days or so then go dead and this is without us just being inactive. These sort of people (which are the majority) I wouldn't consider as "a new recruited rper." A real rper are the few of us that are active a lot and genuinely interested in it and I think we are diluted across too many guilds.

Two Wolves

Knight
I am interested in debating this, because I find this interesting and I have heard these arguments by established guilds against new guilds before. My hope is to see if I can broaden peoples opinion then propose a solution to what is seen as the diluting process.

Consider two parallel shards, one with 3 RP guilds and one with 10. What I think you are arguing is that, the shard with 3 guilds will have more members in each and the possibility that the shard with 10 guilds would have more RPrs overall is irrelevant, because they are not "real rpers" or they are too spread out.

Maybe, quality and concentration is better than quantity and diversity. For argument, I'll concede that point. But, how would this be achieved - establishing some RP guild registration committee who automatically denies formation of new RP guilds who are not one if the established guilds? This is not the way to stop the real or perceived diluting process. There is no way to stop budding RP community leaders from trying out new RP ideas.

My serious recommendation is, use a mechanism that already exists for guild communication and cooperation, the Alliance. Make 2, Good/Evil or 3 Good/Neutral/Evil type alliances, for example. Have the established guilds join these alliances. Then as new smaller guilds come along they can join in on the Big Guild feel that the Alliance system gives or risk being marginalized further and disappear.

G-Star

Wanderer
I know there's no way of stopping people creating guilds, but thought it would be worthwhile mentioning this so perhaps the guidleaders might think again and maybe join a more established guild. That's all I was saying.

On the alliance side of it I definitly think this is the best way of going about it, this way the smaller guilds would benefit from more activity. But this was discussed in a previous post and nothing seemed to come from it and seems to have just fizzled out, which is a shame.

wkstrm

Lord
I think many people who would like to get into RP'ing see there is no guild that really fits them from the beginning and thinks they should start a new one that fits their needs or ideas.

Some weeks ago I made a post in one thread about creating a town guild that would be able to hold almost any kind of characters except for undeads and orcs really. The townguild would be beneficial to anyone who havn't "decided" on what specific type of RP'er they are, it would also give some purpose to many of the other RP-guilds. There's no point to protect un-existing citizens against orcs for example. But also, give it a minute.. Think of the possibilites. Think of the orcs raiding a city taking live prisoners that they will use for food, or an evil vampire who kidnapps a young lady to feed on? Think of the possibilites for the rangers for example, or maybe the noble knights?

Or think of this, a mob of angry peasants for the Yew guardsmen to rally and calm down? Maybe there are some peasents who got tired of their poor jobs and becomes highway men?

I think what the RP community needs is an all around guild rather than 50 specialized guilds. Just my 2 cents.

G-Star

Wanderer
The alliance or the neutral Town guild would really help, but nothing seems to be done about either lol. No one wants to make the effort :(

scipio

Sorceror
I don't think its so much the effort but rather where have all the good alined guilds have gone? Where is SOK? YEW? That Ranger guild I have heard so much about? I have seen that Nord guild, they are really nice btw.

awsome

Traveler
I've been out with a couple Rangers on different occasions, unfortunately I seem to head out right when things are dying down for the night. I've gone on a few patrols up through UND & Orc territory, but no one is home. It seems the Orcs are more concerned with invading Brit than defending their ancestral home, which is fine, but every time I make it to their Brit Gate lands, they are heading out for the night.

Apparently my schedule doesn't mesh with anyone else's schedule.

scipio

Sorceror
It really is the best way. We are always in there. Leave a msg..do the do. It beats aimlessly running around all of Hybrid.

a lawyer

Sorceror
You're right, it does sort of dilute the RP guilds...

However, you can't tell someone how to play. If someone wants to make a drunken pirate guild then they should go for it, even if it is only going to be a few people, only on when they are drunk.