UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

So long, and thanks for all the fish...

psz

Administrator
So long, and thanks for all the fish...

Well, it's about that time.

I am stepping down as head in-game Admin of Demise.
I no longer have the time to devote to Demise, getting info for the devs from OSI, and the occasional scripting, on top of RL work and whatnot.

As such, I have hire Q (Quantos from the RunUO.com forums) to run the show. He, along with Akuma, Lyra, Tanathar, Ferris, Taltos, Vapor, et al, will be taking over the day-to-day operations of Demise. I will still be around to help the devs script a few things, and to offer advice to the staff if they need it. Overall, though, my work here is done(TM)

I had been running a small, personal shard by the name of Shard UDIC. It was an OSI clone, just as Demise is, based on AOS. It had all of the available facets, ran the latest public release of RunUO, was very nearly fully spawned, and had a number of (then) custom scripts to make RunUO closer to OSI (Many of which have since been tweaked by the devs, and put into RunUO iteself).

My goals for Demise were to exceed 100 players (Broke that in no time, and have since doubled it), to get into UOGateway's Top 5 either for Average Users Online or Votes (We've done both, multiple times, including currently), to have the most fully *AND* accurately spawned Free Shard on earth (Using the Ilsh and Malas spawns from Shard UDIC, time spent on the TC30 OSI shard, and help from chris, we've accomplished that, with some work still needed to be done on Fel/Tram... We do, by my estimate, have the most accurate spawn available, even WITH the missing areas), to get SE support up to, and including Pub28 (Which is almost all done, and has been surpassed by including some Pub29 and Pub30 features), and, finally, to see RunUO 1.0.0 released.

That being said, all of the goals I set in August when Ryan approached me to run Demise have been met and/or beaten. I have nothing more, personally, to do. I also have no time to do it if I did.

I would like to thank a number of people, for a number of reasons:
Q, for taking over on short notice
ASayre8, for putting up with my coding ignorance, and helping me get things done
Mark, for smacking me in the right direction when I needed help (and coding a few smalls toys to make SE scripting a tad easier)
Phantom, for being Phantom (You don't like him, tough), and for Factions
Kada, for being one of THE BEST damn bug finders on Shard UDIC, as well as a great help to new players.
Arkanis, for being the OTHER best damn bug finder on Shard UDIC, as well as a great help to new players.
Onrop for being yourself, and smacking heads at Valor
Not_Online, Wittle Pinky, Fluffy Foo Foo, and Avenger for forcing me, week after week, for almost 3 years to "Get stuff done" (and the occasional soccer match IRL)
Drull, for a wonderful Rune Library
Akuma, for taking names and cracking skulls
Lyra, for keeping everyone honest
Irina, for keeping krrios somewhat sane
Ferris, for being helpful to everyone
Raezion, for trying to get PvP rolling
Garret, for asking SOOOO many questions that were answered on Stratics, that I ended up finding out stuff by accident
David, for being a cool moderator on RunUO.com (and for releasing some killer custom scripts)
Morxeton, for MegaSpawner
TheOutkastDev, for MyRunUOSpawner, and having the balls to tell it like he sees it (even when he's wrong ;->)

MOST IMPORTANTLY, Ryan, Zippy, and Krrios. Without you guys, there would be no Demise, no Shard UDIC, no RunUO. Then where would we all be? UOX? POL? Sphere? OSI? I shudder to think about it ;->

And lastly, to all the players who haven't hacked, griefed, lied, or cheated: Thank you. Without you, Demise would be just another shard on UOGateway. Empty and boring.

My last two actions as an active staff member will be tomorow, when I do the Inactive Account cleaning (whenever I get around to it), and when I change the Server Wars time. THIS MEANS THERE WILL BE A SECOND SERVER WAR TOMOROW AT THE NEW TIME. So be forwarned.

As I said, I will still be around, just not NEARLY as much. Maybe I'll actually get around to learning that C# thing everyone talks about, and I can actually do something useful for the RunUO community...

I decided to open this thread, to thank PSZ for the honor of choosing me as a likely replacement, I only hope that I can do you justice man.

Those are damned big shoes that you left behind.

I also wanted the players to be able to respond and say their piece as well.

Well sorry to see you go but sure we will seeya around on forums here or RunUo. I with many of my friends that moved here after shutting my server down think this is by far an excellent shard you helped to make one of the best. Also I am looking forward to seeing what is to come with our new Quantos admin welcome and i will try not to be noticed lol... :eek:

Roger-hybrid

Wanderer
well.. i am actually lost for words..
i'd like to thank psz for giving me the chance to be apart of the staffing team on demise... it is really funny how i even became part of the team in the first place.. also in giving thanks to psz for the chance it has also given me room to grow as a GM on demise...
also i will add this.. it really blows seeing you go when i have come to you so many times when i have had a question as pertaining to what i do and such in game.. i really dont know what to say now.... lost for words.. quite abit of depression.. **sighs**

Will see you in the froums m8!

psz I think you and your team have worked miracles, there can be no doubt that you have brought the best OSI copy of a shard to the UO player base.

I am a bit of a trammie, and have loved every minute I have played on this exciting shard.

Well done m8 and thank you for all your had and selfless work for us the players.

A Player.

Glasgowx

Wanderer
Thank you psz for all your hard work and making Demise a great place to enjoy. Best of luck in all your future endeavors. We will miss your lovely :). Take care

Tanthar

Wanderer
Sorry to see you go psz.

Thanks for all your hard work getting Demise up and running and making it what it is today.

Also, thank you for giving me the chance to be part of the staff on the shard, and for putting up with all my dumb questions ;)

Other than that I really don't know what to say.

It really is a shame to see you go but, completely understandable with RL getting in the way of gaming. ;-)

WoW, there is actually a char with the name of Onrop eh?

psz

Administrator
Nah. Some people have too many chars to name ;->

(BTW, YES! I AM A TRAMMIE!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!)

Lyra

Wanderer
I want to thank Psz for:

*devoting his time and skills to give us all a piece of great entertainment on Shard UDIC and Demise - two best maintained shards out there ever

*answering all (no matter how stupid) questions

*solving all (no matter how complex) issues

*setting standards of tolerance and mutual understanding (man You got a lot of tolerance and patience!)

*for beeing cheerful and straighforward person

I could sit here and write all day and still miss a lot of things Psz have done for members of UO community.

Hope to see You online sometimes Psz

Respect

repect man , you are a great admin man, thanks for all you effort i joined this shard since the 2nd week of opening, and now while the average clients is almost 200 you must be sattisfied with work your man, i hope you success in all your projects man , and thanks again for your GREAT WORK ;) hurayy!!!!

Garret

Sorceror
You are Best Admin i ever seen!
i hope you'll be in irc or forum =)

Garret, for asking SOOOO many questions that were answered on Stratics, that I ended up finding out stuff by accident
*sighs*

Playsom!

Wanderer
yeah psz u are the best admin always helping everyone around
we will miss you at demise
hope you be on at irc :)

Thanks Psz! as said before, you are the best Admin ever,

Too bad never gotten to the end of the mystery of: "what happened to Ferris after the chess match with the orge...."

fishbonz

Wanderer
It was a pleasure playing one of your systems psz.

Please dont be a starnger and drop in and say hey once in a while.

Palluk

Wanderer
Mythos said:
Thank you psz for all your hard work and making Demise a great place to enjoy. Best of luck in all your future endeavors. We will miss your lovely :). Take care

Making mine the words of Mythos...thank you very much, Psz. You surelly is one of the best persons i have ever seen on the internet, because you did A LOT of things for the good of other people. If some day you come to Brazil, let us know! You are welcome here man!

Best luck, and may God keep you well

eyal12

Wanderer
ya even tho he banned me he was seriously a good admin only other gm i dont like which i wont say his name , any way psz is the man ;o

Leirbag

Wanderer
oh man, even tho i dont play here since december, im sad to see psz going, i remember our chats on irc back in the first days of the shard, there would be like 5-10 ppl talking there, just a few players online, and there was psz, he never acted like a "star" admin who wouldnt talk to you due to his position, he was allways there to answer the dumbest questions or to be accused of adding one more monster to the gauntlet just to fuck ppl off (remember that one?). Psz was a hell of a brain to discuss things, from music to history and everything else, good old days man, wish u the best.

Ferris

Page
As long as Quantos can play some friggin chess, otherwise I'm gunna hunt you down psz, hunt you down good. Meh, I probably will anyhow, just to keep you on your toes.