UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

So How Important is Connection Speed?

HYBRIDBob

Wanderer
Re: So How Important is Connection Speed?

Ping directly effects when to toss potions, target heals, and time spells. There is a variety of other things I'd rather not list at the moment but aim for the best connection you can get and all will be well.

HYBRIDBob

Wanderer

Sypher said:
Your loss then. You choose to be old fashioned you miss out on all the new features.
Get up to date.
Does being a counselor permit you to be an asshole to players?

I wasn't sure.

Sypher

Wanderer

Bob said:
Does being a counselor permit you to be an asshole to players?

I wasn't sure.

Where is any of that does it mean I was being an asshole? You seem to think you're the brightest user on these forums so break it down and tell me what about my post makes you so nit picky as to thinking I was being an asshole.

I'll re-word it to better suit you.

If you don't use Razor you are missing out on a lot of features that can make your gaming experience a lot better.

Flipper

Knight

if there is any more flaming or arguing in this thread i will close it and temp ban everyone who continues to break the q and a rules

Does anyone ever have times where they're in game and u actually freeze lag or get frozen for alittle while but u see other people around u move?

Flipper

Knight

hey thanks bob that appeared genuine

Kefka - that happens during a DoS (denial of service) attack. it can also occur randomly, it's just basic lag... usually on your own part. i get it all the time.

Flipper said:
hey thanks bob that appeared genuine

Kefka - that happens during a DoS (denial of service) attack. it can also occur randomly, it's just basic lag... usually on your own part. i get it all the time.

well i must have got a bug cause it happens in unreal tournement also where ill just stop in middle air and my guy wwont move but i can shoot but in uo when i freeze lag like that i usually wake up dead.. so example. i start beating on somone, they run, i lag, you are dead... and OMG i PWNED U!.... u just stood there and did nothing but YEA I OWNT U!

Flipper

Knight

Kefka|Red-Hybrid said:
well i must have got a bug cause it happens in unreal tournement also where ill just stop in middle air and my guy wwont move but i can shoot but in uo when i freeze lag like that i usually wake up dead.. so example. i start beating on somone, they run, i lag, you are dead... and OMG i PWNED U!.... u just stood there and did nothing but YEA I OWNT U!

try running a virus scan, that could be your problem.

Flipper said:
try running a virus scan, that could be your problem.

I do, mustly ad-aware and spybot search & destroy sometimes hi-jack this! and my AVG free trials over. i need to buy one or im goin to switch provider

Sir Kenga

Wanderer

Great diffrence for sure :)
If your ping 200 u'll need great skill not to lose to a noob with 20 ping.

Corrado

Sorceror

On this server, with mounts, yes. Ping makes a HUGE difference in PVP, not as much in duels, but in real pvp out in the field. I have people run from me a TON, or when I get attacked by 6 guys I can't outrun them because they sometimes run past me, cast, then target. I ping about 90 on a good day.

Other servers I've played in the past had no mounts at all, it made the pvp much more fair, no offscreening at all really. This server is more like UO was when I played last (2001), ping > skill.

Corrado

Sorceror

I've learned how for sure. I almost never get pk'd anymore unless I make a big mistake. However, ping DOES make a huge difference when trying to escape or chase someone, and with 300 ping, you would NEVER catch me. Might get away by recalling, but you'd never get me.