UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

So, fight fire with fire...

InanimateJ

Wanderer
So, fight fire with fire...

Instead of water? Stupid concept, if you ask me.

You know, all the talk about 'screwing CoM over' and 'all hail Minax' is just further proof that Factions is just turning into what equates to spawn-camping n00bs in FPS games.

What did I log on this afternoon to see? A wall of vendors and a guard turret blocking the CoM base.

... So, Minax has to use the same cheap tactics to defeat CoM now? They don't have the skills to actually defeat CoM members in open combat, or the strength to defend sigils/make an assault on them to wrest them from CoM hands?

If you ask me, using the same dirty tactic CoM did just makes Minax as bad, if not worse, and just as petty. Factions is turning into a giant waste of time with this guard turret and gank squad bullshit.

Ganks I can deal with.

Guard turrets on a constant, and revenge-driven basis?

That's just crossing the line.

I'm invariably tempted to join TB, capture ONLY the Magincia and Britain sigils, and simply hold them constantly to stop this guard turret at Faction HQ BS.

Of course, to do that, I would have to forego sleep and food for approximately 36 hours, and also recruit TB members.

Something I'm not quite willing to do.

At any rate, my bottom line is this. Until balances are made in the Faction system to prevent this from happening, or the people in Factions stop being 13-year-old babies with their juvenile HQ siege tactics, the system just isn't worth it.

Afro Man

Wanderer
If you don't like they way factions are being run here.. Quit them, they won't change. This is basically why i quit, I'm minax btw.

RacecaR

Sorceror
Eye for an eye.

I don't like it, but CoM destroyed factions and made a large amount of my friends leave...so i don't care that much.

Ranex

Wanderer
Damn guild thing ejecting me from CoM... :( And I couldn't re-join without dying once, so, I joined my original faction back in '00 ... or was it '01.. can't remember now...

The TB!

It'll be much harder to get point, methinks. I just went to Britain with a friend and we got gizzanked up the wazzoo by 7 Minaxians. :(

- Pierre Trudeau

InanimateJ

Wanderer
BlackJesus said:
Finally, IC has gone to shit now at least.

Yes, but an equally bad guild has risen in Minax. I'm happy IC has been disbanded, but disheartened in the fact that Minax is simply just another large gank guild.

I'll be joining TB when my 17 hours to quit CoM is up later tonight, and for the guy who said if I don't like it, quit?

I'm not about to let some snot-nosed bastards make me quit something that gives me an adrenaline rush.

And as I said before: Guards can be killed. You just need a lot of factioners to do it.

Mr_Pwnij

Wanderer
This is what factions is all about! The drama!!

LAUGH OUT LOUD that stuff was funny on old AOL Boards...buncha Faction Drama...all cry babies because of pwn tactics. Factions are meant to throw balance back and forth...theyre just runnin everyone outta CoM.

Minax...turret your asses off.

InanimateJ

Wanderer
MeLvIn said:
CoM did it first, its what those fuckers get

That's the typical 13-year-old response.

"They did it first, so we're going to do it back twice as hard, and it makes it valid!"

No, no it doesn't. Two wrongs don't make a right, period.

Minax and CoM need to clean their acts up and actually PvP with honour, rather than this cheap tactic bullshit.

Even guards dont matter dude...CoM will log on blues and FS at the same time..all it takes is 5 ppl...maybe less. guard whacked?? oh well they killed one guard.

TWO THINGS NEED TO HAPPEN. GUARDS NEED TO BE NO MORE STACKABLE.

and the other is guards need to be invuln to blues. outsiders..cant heal cant atk nothing.

strtrk

Wanderer
IC isn't disbanded. Some of the leadership has been busy with other things. But you'll still see me organize a small group and deliver the pain.

As for guards... whatever, Magincia will have no silver in 2 days because the Sheriff and FM are retarded.
Place as many or as few that you want, wherever you want. It's apart of the factions here, and I can handle that. I can work around them, and attack them upfront when I need to.

Booshnig

Sorceror
I'm not a faction'er myself, but seeing all these things about turrets, I guess it is kind of cheap.
Why don't you guys try turreting YOUR OWN bases so they don't get turreted (like it was on osi)?

RacecaR

Sorceror
Booshnig said:
I'm not a faction'er myself, but seeing all these things about turrets, I guess it is kind of cheap.
Why don't you guys try turreting YOUR OWN bases so they don't get turreted (like it was on osi)?

That's what CoM did for like a month...they also turreted TB's. This ruined factions and made a shit load of people leave.
It's simple...take the guards down now and if CoM can actually hold the sigs(which they won't) throw the guards down then. Raiding is the best part of factions...stop ruining it.

InanimateJ

Wanderer
Personally, if all the Faction headquarters were moved to outside towns, so guards can't be placed on them, it would make sigil raiding a lot mor interesting. Either that, or extend the null zone (no recall/tele/gate/faction shit) further out, so it creates a wider expanse in the towns that has to be defended to wall in an HQ.

Vlane made a very good thread on what should chagne for factions, i suggest everyone here post there about what they wish in attempt to strive for the attention of the staff. And what awesome massive guild is there in minax that was being spoken about?

Kumba[IC]

Wanderer
Fulgore said:
IC isn't disbanded. Some of the leadership has been busy with other things. But you'll still see me organize a small group and deliver the pain.

As for guards... whatever, Magincia will have no silver in 2 days because the Sheriff and FM are retarded.
Place as many or as few that you want, wherever you want. It's apart of the factions here, and I can handle that. I can work around them, and attack them upfront when I need to.

Bingo. IC will be back in action. Now that the lag has cleared and people have finally settled r/l things.

EastB

Wanderer
Well, that "YOU WON'T HEAR COM COMPLAINING ABOUT GUARD TURRETTS" didn't last all that long. And if you notice it's ONLY outside CoM's base, and it wont be up there for about two months like it was at TB.

Vexorcism

Wanderer
You guys have hit an all time low... Before you were complaining about CoM dominating cities by means which are given to them as a right for ownership of cities... Now your simply complaining because Minax is using tactics which are also within their rights and means to use while being owners of towns? Listen lets put it into perspective.. Your complaining about faction guards... therefore you are complaining about the usage of towns, for owning towns is what enables you to create guards... by complaining about usage of towns you are complaining about a person getting a town to use the guards... So if it has come down to people complaining about getting towns in a faction forum.. Then quit factions, cus if you hate the core meaning of factions [acquiring sigils/towns] then you hate factions... Instead of complaining about another factions GIVEN AND LEGIT TACTICS perhaps you should consider your own choices... Stop typing and start playing smart... Its just sickening to read.