UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

^SM vs rPt

Arsene

Traveler
The difference between that and a real fight is when someone dies usually a red bola tamer doesn't take there place. Surprised they didn't gate out when elisha's avril char died.

Mara

Knight
The difference between that and a real fight is when someone dies usually a red bola tamer doesn't take there place. Surprised they didn't gate out when elisha's avril char died.

I agree. This is not legit, and due to the fact that they will do this, and also gank and trap mounts...they will be punished, without remorse.

Tips to combat bola tamers...(not necessarily for Arsene since he seems to know what he is doing)

Their template must be evaluated for potential weaknesses. Often, due to the need for tactics, they forego a melee skill. Occasionally, they use other templates, but this is most often the case. This makes them highly susceptible to stun, as well as melee damage. Use your blade spirits to great effect. Paralyze, and invis their mounts if you can or desire. The pets will not attack you with it's spells during that time, as long as noone damages the pet. It can still use it's firebreath on you. If you have a bard, use discord, and peacemake and invis the pet. Depending on the template of the tamer, you have to decide whether it is smarter to go after the tamer or the pet, hit and fade, etc. Often it is useful to pepper them with damage from a fringe range, and then only engage when you are ready to fully commit, and they are vulnerable to near instant death. Remember, if they have no melee skill, you are free to punch disrupt and stun the tamer at will. Dexers will destroy them. If you get bolad at close range, just keep after the tamer on foot. Do NOT run around defenseless when you are bolad. Attack during the time you cannot remount. This will keep half the damage off you. If you get bolad at fringe range (10-12 tiles), just run away and call your mount with you. Use faction warhorses if they are available to you. They have half the remount delay. Occasionally, it is better to damage the pet, and disrupt the pet's spells instead, until there is a threat that the tamer will lose it's mount. Fast poisoned weapons are excellent for this. If you poison with magery, then you have to be smart about your disruption, since the pet will be trying to cast cure on itself. Once the pet's health is about half, it's firebreath becomes much less of an issue. A poisoned pet that is remounted, that makes me smile.

You can beat these guys. Perhaps I will float around with a bard here and there in the future. Other tamer templates should be evaluated for weaknesses, and fought accordingly.

It is never ok to be out there ganking somebody, die - and then get on an alt to maintain a gank differential. You do that, you are just plain cheap. Many US players that are among the best PVPers consistently do that still to this day, all day long.

Be kind, I bet they donate a lot to the server, help the server in many other ways, and also have to try to compete with a ping that is much greater than ours. That makes it much more difficult for them, and there needs to be some leeway for that fact.

I am sorry SM, but you guys do have it coming. If I ever see SM on a guild tag, it's kill on sight, no exceptions, for perpetuity. Anyone that helps you in any way - kill on sight, the same.

I still like that you guys are here playing though, and I really like that you are making videos.

Stides40oz

Knight
tamers r so ez to kill (well pvp ones are) But I would say the chance of anyone killing my dungeon farmer tamer 1v1 is about 0%. Mage, resist, med, wrestling, taming, lore and vet. No weaknesses to be found other then slow moving.

edit: well I guess a peacer could peace my pets and have a chance at killing them but if that happened id just gate out and gate in with my alchy and take advantage of the weaknesses of a bard tamer like you described :p

Mara

Knight
If you experience difficulties in carrying out your mission, you will create a Panzer division.

This includes...

2 hider fencer dexers (with magery) - extremely difficult to kill, diverts, separates, and distracts the enemy. parablow sticks players in place for the macers and commander to finish
2 scribe macers (can be 8x to add some alchemy) - absorbs initial mana dump and can insta-kill as a result of poorly chosen initial spells.
1 sub-commander (scribe mage, nox mage, or swords tank mage) - commands and keeps people healed, however everyone still cross heals with magery as desired, and with bandages as they develop skill

Operate this as a flanking group, able to formulate plans and manipulate the battle at their own discretion. They survive as a group but operate autonomous of any other forces.

You will not lose. Show no mercy.

Do not lure and trap their mounts. Kill them.

If you need to get sinister, and they do not quickly change their path you will...

Train your own mounts and sick them on the tamers when you are dismounted.
Utilize orc masks and tribal paint to advantage to destroy their pets.

Another option is to make use of 4 archers (2 scribe, 2 alchy) and a mage commander. Different tactics are necessary, but they are easy enough to learn and determine as well.

Mara

Knight
They are great players. Not the type to wet the bed, but you will burn that bed nonetheless.

WKD, and a few other guilds. I got my eye on you. You never change, nor will you ever. And if there are staff around that like these kinds of people, 'shakes head'.

If you play in a manner that is likely to keep people coming out to play - I love you - no matter how much of a dick you are on the forums, even to me.

If you play in a manner that is likely to make people log out or keep them off the field of play for an inordinate amount of time - I don't give a shit who you are, I am not your friend, and you are NOT a good part of the shard.

Dixie cups, only lass I gave a damn about, you gotta make a choice. I'm fine with it either way. You got one day to make up your mind.

Mara

Knight
I am now retired from the forums.

Countessa. Please close or deactivate my forum account. Permanently.

Stides40oz

Knight
They are great players. Not the type to wet the bed, but you will burn that bed nonetheless.

WKD, and a few other guilds. I got my eye on you. You never change, nor will you ever. And if there are staff around that like these kinds of people, 'shakes head'.

If you play in a manner that is likely to keep people coming out to play - I love you - no matter how much of a dick you are on the forums, even to me.

If you play in a manner that is likely to make people log out or keep them off the field of play for an inordinate amount of time - I don't give a shit who you are, I am not your friend, and you are NOT a good part of the shard.

Dixie cups, only lass I gave a damn about, you gotta make a choice. I'm fine with it either way. You got one day to make up your mind.

Not sure who you mean about the bolded part but the rest of your post..

ruedigerbnu

Wanderer
sure they would still be used, just not nearly as much. they are pretty ridic as they are

Well, maybe wands should take double mana, i think that should be enough. Light wand taking 22 off your mana, should people think more about it.

As the change you proposed, that you cant move with them casting (just like normal spell), i playied on a shard which has that, and was pretty annoying (possible a good point to make people stop using them).

But than again, if they just take off wands, people would bitch, if they make it takes time like a normal spell to use a light wand, people will bitch again.

So i still think the best way to do is improve on mana that will be wasted with the wand.

ruedigerbnu

Wanderer
oh, and also... take off the double loot thing, i mean, not take it off because its doign a great action in dungeons lately, but take off double wands/weaps/armor and put a increase on the gold that the monsters will drop, like 25%-50%. Stop making hand outs = strong economy =)

Stides40oz

Knight
lol why u guys so scared of wands? Bring back insta wands that shit was fun! Ive never won a 1v5 fight (against decent players) since insta wands were removed! :(

Nowadays I rarely die to wands anyways. Just learn to heal lightning syncs and watch for wands in hands. Do what the koreans do and make them big glacial staffs. If youre complaing because you get pot wanded down learn to run and other advanced escape tactics.