UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Simple Stat Gains - (STR, DEX, INT)

Re: Simple Stat Gains - (STR, DEX, INT)

So is it that Arms Lore merely need to be set to raise, and it doesn't have to be able to, to still gain the stats? In other words, I could have all other skills set either to lock or raise, and the skill could still raise my INT and STR?

Izit7

Wanderer

In other words, I could have all other skills set either to lock or raise, and the skill could still raise my INT and STR?
Yes, Tested And it does work with all other skills locked exept Arms lore and i was below the 700 cap limit. I was on a elf but it shouldnt make a difference.Only problem is you gotta lower arms lore once you have capped out stats. But thats a small price to pay for 125 dex on a newb warrior.:D

karmine

Wanderer

the kindling method is by far the best since ive used it on other shards. i keep a few kindlings on me while training and every 15 minutes or so i come back to town to drop crap loot off and train camping to 10%, and 9 times out of ten i raised each attribute 1 point by the 10%. then i just pay the blacksmith or whatever 100 gold to drop camping back to 0% and go back to huntin/other training repeat. i maxed my stats in a couple days NOT being afk of course. btw even if camping is at 0% there is still a chance you will light a fire. most times the stat gains are almost instant...or less than 30 seconds depending how fast you can click kindling. fastest i got was 3 gains in 15 seconds

Lippy

Wanderer

Usually , the last thing i do on a charachter is , Arms Lore , for stats . I get the skills i want, for example, full pure mage combo , up to 700 -710 . Then with 0 arms lore to burn off i macro for a good while with lore pointed ^ (set some locks here and there). Done.

hygogg

Sorceror

i saw a guy loop running around the table in the room at malas luna upper floor. Looks like he's going to gain dex, but not sure if that works for dex.

Cjdawg1069

Wanderer

The camping method is agreeably a good method to do this, but with a 15 minute wait period almost any skill raiser is suitable, since you cannot push time anymore.

In my opinion from trial most all skills work, therefore, you should use skills that involve the least work and can be the easiest to macro.

STR Raisers
Arms Lore
Blacksmithy
Camping
Carpentry
Lumberjacking
Mining
Wrestling
DEX Raisers

DEX Raisers
Musicianship
Snooping
Tracking
Fencing
Hiding

INT Raisers
Animal Lore
Detecting Hidden
Evaluate INT
Forensic Eval
Healing
Item ID
Magery
Meditation
Spirit Speak

Granted, a lot of these skills will raise stats for others, and some for all it seems that they are most effective for these areas.

I am not entirely sure what everyone's method is now due to the stat raise time limit now, but the old style is still preferable for 1 point at a time. If it has not been mentioned or someone needs assistance with stuck skills try it like so...

1. Pick two stats you intend to raise ( Str and Dex).
2. Pick two quick skills that will raise them (Arms lore/Music or Item ID, which works well).
3. Max skills to the cap as mentioned previously.
4. Lock all skills, have one of your chosen skills to rise.
5. Now use that skill until it is about 10.0. Going over 10 from my experience makes it harder to raise the stat, if you stay under 10, similar to a noobie skills/stats raise quicker, unless it has changed.
6. Now turn that skill down, and turn your other chosen skill up, and raise that to ten.
7. Continue to repeat until your gain is achieved. It should not take long at all by staying under 10. Usually I would get skill raises after a few minutes if not immediately.

If your only interested in raising STR then lock DEX and INT, If you want two of them, or even three leave them all unlocked and then skills will almost randomly raise all the stats effectively.

Not to rant but if you want to make the most use of your time and stat raise, get a timer and set it to go off every 15 minutes (or keep setting every 15) have your macros of easyUO or razor (use skill/last object/wait/loop) and alternate between raising stats.

You can use campfires too.

When your skill is capped at 700 or whatever, set all skills to raise, especially camping.

Cut some kindling off trees using a small knife, keep using the kindling (use last object macro to make it easier) until you get a gain in whatever stats are set to raise, one of each kind every 15 minutes I believe.

Elves will never succeed in lighting it, so an elf can carry one around all the time so you can gain stats while playing UO.

With humans it's harder now though, since they have 20 skill in it already, so you'll need to keep cutting to get enough to see you through.

Kruver

Wanderer

I was trying to find a decent way to get dex, then I saw this topic. Thank you, it's very useful :)

Cjdawg1069

Wanderer

I'm not sure if it's obvious or already known but the "camp fire method" can considerably be "any stat gainer method" because you can use any skill and do just the same thing.

In other words, I really wanted specifically INT instead of STR/DEX from using kindling. So I set all my skills to ^, all my stats are still ^, and Eval INT is at 0. I have just been macroing Eval INT on characters and now only INT goes up. I would assume it will just as easily work for other skills to work DEX or STR specifically.

Also I know you can only gain 1 stat per 15 minutes, but it seems if you work quickly enough you can gain between 2-3 points. I noticed while doing the camping trick with kindling that I would sometimes get a few points.

drowmetal

Wanderer

I think I got a nice way to gain Int (and maybe Str o_O)
Some days ago I was pvping with my guild mates, I got a mage with 98 Int, wich I spend hours and hours of macroing with magery, and a low int gain..
Then in one of the matches I delivered a paralyzing blow, and the Int gone 1 point up.. some minutes later (around 20 minutes) I delivered another, and the Int went up once again.. Found that strange but nwm..
Then I was going to sleep that night and was going to leave my ninja char macroing.. But I found out that dumbass couln´t make more copys of himself if there were already 5.. Then I made a macro with my mage to attack his copies whenever they appeared, and had the Idea to attack them always using the Paralyzing Blow(also in lich form to gain mana) when I woke up my int was 125, and I think my str rose too, but I don´t remember how much STR I had before..

Heres the macro to kill the ninja copies
Exec: Target Random Non-Friendly
if(mana >= 23)
exec: Set Secondary Ability(AOS)
end if
Exec: Attack Last Target
Pause 3,00 sec

and thats it, hope I help someway

z0rak

Wanderer

herding is good too for all stats and it's easier to macro (especially for humans) than camping.

Thunder69n

Wanderer

Arms Lore worked great, Thanks!
For warrior locked Intel, when I didn't want that to gain anymmore, and for Mage/Tamer locked Dex when I didn't want that to gain anymore.

Zither Dane

Wanderer

hmmm... sounds intresting... I only have 31 strength on my mage and i need it at 100. I would macro the arms lore thing for like 25 mins and i would only got up 1 point. So it gets me really frustrated..... because i dont know how to macro any other way then useing a key and having uo on.... I cant like be on the internet and uo at the same time.... I thought i was possible to macro and do other stuff on the same computer with razor but when i clicked macros in the section i clicked create new or w/e and i named it STR macro and then it got this big white screen in the razor box and i dont know how to add anything to the macro..... could someone explain to me the macro system in razor or give me a link to a thread/site explaining it?

Zither Dane

Wanderer

wait I understand now..... but I havent been able to try it but when i do how do i loop it?

Zither Dane;263500 said:
hmmm... sounds intresting... I only have 31 strength on my mage and i need it at 100. I would macro the arms lore thing for like 25 mins and i would only got up 1 point.....

you can only gain 1 pt in each stat every 15 min

Zapek

Wanderer

I don't think camping works that way anymore. I've reached the 700 skill cap, set every skill on raise, camping at 0.0 and still after 4-5 attempts I ignite a camp fire so impossible to macro.

SaferSephiroth

Sorceror

Your an idiot.... your human... You have to use arms lore. Read the whole thread first. Jack of all trades doesnt allow a human to do it. they have a passive 20.0 in all skills.

A

Azaazel-hybrid

Does anyone really know how this works? I just gained 2 Int and 1 Str in 3 minutes using Arms Lore. That right there tells me the 15 minute per gain is wrong.