UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Shard UDIC, May 2003

psz

Administrator
Shard UDIC, May 2003

Hail and Well Met!

Sat. May 5th, 2003

In recent months, I have upgraded my hardware as well as my connection, and the newest server software is considerably more
stable (and faster) than the previous batch I used oh so long ago.

Taking this into account, I have decided to resurrect the old shard, though not quite like the previous.

This will be a more "traditional" shard, at least for now.

No state of constant military tension between the various city states. No martial law.

No war between the Elves and Lord British. No elves!

Instead, this will be a shard with the basic Pub16-18 rule sets (including AOS), but limited to the Felucca facet only.

Chaos spawns exist in three dungeons, and a basic Order/Chaos guild system is in testing.

So, if you're bored, have a look-see. You might enjoy yourself :->

Oh, don't expect much of a website for the moment...
I've not touched web design since, well, the LAST Shard UDIC site ;->

psz

Administrator
Sun. May 6th, 2003
I just re-activated my OSI account (It's been 4 years!), and started playing on Atlantic to get ideas of spawns and decoration and what not. So far, the area in and around Trinsic has had a slight touch up. I was more than a little pleased to find that the old Stratics' Spawn Map wasn't as out of date as I had feared.

On a side note, I've also added cow tipping.

psz

Administrator
Tue. May 13th, 2003
Hrm. Didn't seem like THAT long ago I updated the site... Oh well.

Anyway, I've updated the area south of Trinsic, the road from Trinsic to Britain, the area around the Magincia Moongate, and the forests around the Minoc Moongate. Also updated the Innkeeper and Tavern keeper to sell closer to OSI.

psz

Administrator
Wed. May 14th, 2003
A new version of the UO Client has been released: 4.0.0L (Patch 23). This patch has been released for both 2D and 3D users, and uses slightly less bandwidth. It works perfectly with Shard-UDIC.

psz

Administrator
Thu. May 15th, 2003 - MATRIX!!!
The 3D client was updated again: 4.0.0M. Still works fine on Shard-UDIC :->

Also: Today is opening day for The Matrix Reloaded... I will be AWOL on Sunday to see it ;->

psz

Administrator
Tue. May 20th, 2003
Matrix Reloaded was quite good. Worth seeing. Do so.

Waiting for the latest server software update. Promises Pub 18 updates as well as minor bug fixes. More work has been done to Britain, Trinsic, Minoc, and Magincia to make them a bit more accurate to OSI standard.

psz

Administrator
Wed. May 21st, 2003
Server software has been updated. Bankers now buy/sell correctly. The Virtue Of Sacrifice now works. Justice works partially. Numerous bug fixes and other minor updates as well. All world facets are now accessible, though only Fel is currently Monster/Animal spawned (Tram is vendor spawned ONLY)

psz

Administrator
Thu. May 22nd, 2003
For some strange reason, the Say Teleporters I have been using without incident on the Skara Brae ferries has decided to stop working. Until this can be resolved, I will be using standard "Walk On And Go" teleporters. Thanks to Govic for pointing this out.

psz

Administrator
Fri. May 23rd, 2003
I am removing the facets of Trammel and Malas again. They currently serve no real purpose, and I do not have time (for the moment) to stock/spawn them. When the demand is there, I shall put them back accordingly. Felucca will stay, as will Ilshenar (by strong request). Currently Fel is spawned, though The Lost Lands and Ilshenar only have vendors in towns.

Also, the Say Teleporters work normally again. A minor script fix was needed.

Ilshenar now has basic spawning on the over world. Dungeons have not been started.

psz

Administrator
Sat. May 24th, 2003
Due to overwhelming demand, I am starting all characters with 1000 gold. Existing characters will have 900 gold deposited into their banks.

I've add Thief Guild masters, Warrior's Guild masters, Tailor Guild masters, Merchant Guild masters, Tinker Guild masters, Merchants, Artists, Sculptors, and Real Estate Brokers to the world. I will (hopefully) soon be adding Blacksmith, Mining, and Bardic Guild masters as well.

psz

Administrator
Sun. May 25th, 2003
Today was SUPPOSED to be the monthly Jhelom Tourney, but due to many people being out of town it is being rescheduled for tomorrow. Hopefully it will go off without a hitch ;->

Added more NPC guild masters as well as some vendors and townspeople. Also added The Second Age and Ilshenar Champion Spawns.

psz

Administrator
Tue. May 27th, 2003
Well, I hope everyone had a safe and fun Memorial Day (And you're not a US resident, I hope you had a not-so-bad Monday).

No Tourney yesterday, as most people were enjoying M-D. Got a lot fixed, however. Armour and Shields now have the correct Strength Requirements. Metal Kite Shields can now be dyed. A number of vendors were corrected, and thanks to Govic, the Britain Sewers are no longer "blocked" in the center. There were a number of minor fixes as well, but they aren't coming to mind :->

psz

Administrator
Thu. May 28th, 2003
Added Mage Guildmaster NPCs, and am currently in the process of spawning them in Britannia. I've also added the Say Teleporters in Moonglow/Papua.

psz

Administrator
Sat. May 31st, 2003
Tweaked some NPCs to be closer to OSI. Also tweaked some spawn points to make them more accurate. Tomorrow the news items will be put onto an archive page.