UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Shard Move

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Over the past two nighs we moved Hybrid, Demise, Divinity and Revelation from Washington DC to Houston Texas. The reasoning was simple, there were performance issues for our players caused mostly by the routing in Washington DC.

We took a sample of the past 180 days of our player base by geographic location and determined based on routing this location is the best for our players.

We are using Demise, Divinity and Revelation as a test bed right now on a full scale storage area network to see how it will either impact or help performance. Please be patient as we work through this. In the event this does not work out we will be moving these shards over to local storage! As always nothing is set in stone with these moves and we can fix anything that comes up :)

We hope you enjoy these moves as they show our further commitment to RunUO and UOGamers :)

Please feel free to thank Mark for his work in getting the move completed last night!

Thanks,
Ryan

Silmarwen

Sorceror
I am playing from europe and it is much more better now. Pinging same but packet losses reduced and ping is more stable. Only issue is word saves it takes about 30secs+30secs of lag.
Thanks

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
Well the big man speakith to us folks. It is appreciated. No....really, it is =)

At any rate My ping still sucks to which I have great difficulty not dying at simple areas. Running with millisecond pauses every 3rd step is not something I consider playable when I also lag to see a second later mobs chewing on me =/

Hope things get better. =(

silvertiger

Knight
Is the network layer part of the runuo stuff that is causing the lag spikes? Or is that just some gibberish? The last network layer seems to always be spiking to 250+ while the rest is 50ish + 1 100

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
If we had multiple servers we would then see server lines similar to osi. Or that is my take on that topic anyway.

This would have a number of exploits I would also presume. IE- more ass hats to baby sit.

Kryk

Sorceror
Soooo , like any pre determined time( GMT ), for all this moving, swapping , back and forth shhh,stuff. Multiple times now have ,thought, this was all good , went and did simple stuff.,Taming,mining , etc. Only to have server fizzle and come back on line to find i wasted hours because what i did wasn't actually done.
Just a it "should " be done ETA .