UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

selling jewels to jeweler

deathviper

Sorceror
On OSI ML and pre-ML gems could be sold to the jeweler for twice the amount they are sold for on demise.

Jjewels sold to jeweler for diamonds 200 gold, emeralds 100, sapphires 100, rubies 75 rather then half the value as it is now on demise.....

http://www.uoguide.com/Gems
Common Gems
While some are required for certain crafted items, common gems are largely collected with an eye towards selling them for profit. When sold to NPC vendors, commom gems have five levels of values, as follows:
~50gp ~75gp ~100gp ~125gp ~200gp

Last edited:

MMMartin

Squire
yea, this can be nice change, make only LOOTED COMON GEMS same price for selling

and no looted like buy with NPC or take with Mining carts halfed value

Bama

Bug Huntress
On OSI ML and pre-ML looted gems could be sold to the jeweler for twice the amount they are sold for on demise.

This was overlooked when Demise got the loot/gold bump a few years ago

You can look at the art work for the tourmaline which was changed when they bumped the value of these gems (SE?)

When SA launched the gold amounts were changed once again because these gems are used for imbuing

MMMartin

Squire
hmm, here is write
http://www.uoguide.com/Gems
Not counting one-off items like the Arcane Focus, there are two types of Gems: skill-based resource gems and loot-based common gems.

if all gem type [gain with loot or other way] same value, so buy at fel city [faction] 70% and sold at tramel place... it can make 1-2kk in hour in 5 min recalling script :), so looted base, well mining carts are not looted at all

deathviper

Sorceror
Commom gems have five levels of values, period. It doesn't matter if looted or collected from carts.

I was only pointing out that Demise is off from what OSI was during this period. I had carts on OSI also.

MMMartin

Squire
This scripting can be done whether or not they change the prices of these gems correct?
yea, i was already wanna make it, when i come at demise, :D i was look value NPC to NPC selling, and too look crafting items to NPC selling...

like can be see, selling is now 100 gp, if change for 200gp, so can make 60K golds in 10 second... and if sold all gems, maybe 300k... pure zisk,
after just make it with others vendors :)...

like are you can see, right now is 100gp selling... mean decrease golds, so no point do it

Bama

Bug Huntress
yea, i was already wanna make it, when i come at demise, :D i was look value NPC to NPC selling, and too look crafting items to NPC selling...

like can be see, selling is now 100 gp, if change for 200gp, so can make 60K golds in 10 second... and if sold all gems, maybe 300k... pure zisk,
after just make it with others vendors :)...

like are you can see, right now is 100gp selling... mean decrease golds, so no point do it

DeathViper is pointing out that the selling price to the NPC is half of what it was on OSI during this era (Before SA after AoS)

My mistake I guess that it was just understood that:

If they were to increase the selling price to the NPC they also need to increase the buying cost from the NPC

deathviper

Sorceror
DeathViper is pointing out that the selling price to the NPC is half of what it was on OSI during this era (Before SA after AoS)

My mistake I guess that it was just understood that:

If they were to increase the selling price to the NPC they also need to increase the buying cost from the NPC

Thanks, Bama for clarifying that for me!

I guess I wasn't clear (or didn't state) the jewelers then sold the gems for double what they do now on Demise, so if you were buying jewels from the NPC jeweler your prices should be as follows:
Amber - 100
Citrine - 100
Ruby -150
Tourmaline - 150
Amethyst - 200
Emerald - 200
Sapphire - 200
Star Sapphire - 250
Diamond - 400

When selling gems to NPC you got half of what you could buy them for. It just goes back to making Demise as close to OSI, which is what is intended for the era we are playing in. The link http://www.uoguide.com/Gems shows the 5 levels of value for a player selling the items to the vendor which is half of what I listed above. The NPC price for selling to players would have to be adjusted to the prices I listed above....

Hopefully that is clearer....

Last edited: