UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Sallos or Razor?

Sallos or Razor?

I've played with Razor since I started playing on Hybrid, and I like it... but I've sorta been noticing that lots of people are using Sallos for PvP.

For PvP, would you say Sallos is better, or Razor?

Just recently started messing with Sallos, and it's really different. (not to mention I'm not sure it's even installed correctly. Crashes lots, etc...

So whats your take, do you use Sallos or is Razor sufficient enough for you?

seduction

Wanderer
Re: Sallos or Razor?

this has been a conversation going on for a long time, but for me personally i still prefer razor just becuase i can outrun anyone on sallos the running speed is just a little bit faster, and i think its a lot better for soloing,
for sallos apparently its a lot better for group pvp also syncing and healing syncs its a lot better, also the map on sallos is far better and the call in speed and presicion of the map is amazing, and the targeting system is very nice and doesnt mess up some time like razor does frequently

seduction;1909405 said:
and the targeting system is very nice and doesnt mess up some time like razor does frequently

Yeah, that's actually the reason I tried Sallos to begin with... Razor target macros suck sometimes and can actually be a bigger deal to target someone than it should. Just figured the Sallos system HAD to be easier than the Razor macros that already fail enough as it is.

Watching vids it seems Sallos targeting is alot more fuckup-proof.

Ill list the pro's and con's of each.

Sallos-

Pro's:

Has an unparalleled map where just double clicking it auto-recalls you to the closest point you clicked. Holding down ctrl+shift casts gate Travel instead.

When you are attacking a person, they appear as a orange dot on your radar map, but only stay there as long as you have line of sight on them.
The same goes for people your party members are attacking when watching their position on Sallos.

Sallos equips a wand and then uses it by type with one key.
No more choosing just one wand. You can go out with several lighting/heal/gheal/fireball/mana drain wands and press a single key. I personally assign my "wand" keys to the same spell key I cast naturally, I just use ctrl.

Example: Gheal=F4
Gheal Wand=Ctrl+F4

The Protect Heal's are fail proof. It will NOT ever lose its targeting cursor as long as it is still within cast time.

The mount feature prevents you from having to make a new macro for every mount you buy, if there is no mount nearby it summons your ethy from inside your back pack.

The equipment slots alone make it a prime choice for dexxers. As on razor, you only have two arm/disarm slots, sallos has 10

Sallos is a beautiful and new experience to a 12 year old game's graphic's.

Con's:

You really have to have a beastly computer to run sallos effectively. I was recently using an Intel Duel Core 2.2 ghz processor, and it was not enough.

If you do not have a good computer, you will crash and lag.

Sallos does not have the macro capabilities that razor has, nor the ability to run anything complex.

Sallos also does not have a 100% perfect programing code.
There is a memory leak associated with character animations, so an hourly restart of the program is almost needed.
Converting to lock-step reduces this greatly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Razor

Pro's-

The number one thing I love about razor, is it's ability to make macros on the fly, and have them start upon different event's.

You're grandmothers cell phone can run razor.

Razor has been, for well over 6 years now, the players choice for UO third party programs. It has history, and a reputation.

The ability to run complex macro's and have them loop, or end if a specific problem arises.

Con's-

Razor is choppy. I have personally been on a dexxer, and my screen was chopping so badly I could not effectively chase my target.

Razor's protect cures and protect heals are useless.

Razor has a tendency of losing it's spell targeting cursor.

Using the positioning system will lag you out if you have it bigger then 2x2in2

You can only use one wand efficiently, and without making a complex macro takes 3 keys to use.

Razor has been deemed the dexxer's client, and that is due to the bare necessities of a dexxer.
--------------------------------------------------

I use razor to train characters, sell things,make things and gm mares.

I use sallos for everything else.

Thanks man, appreciate the breakdown.

NO WONDER Sallos is laggy.

I have a P4 2.4ghz
1.5GB DDR2 RAM
GeForce FX 5200 Graphics Card...

Which I thought was good enough for such a low rendering program, but I guess it would make sense now as to why its SO laggy. Maybe I need to upgrade my motherboard/graphics card and it will work better.

jimmydude

Wanderer

uh idn anything about my comp it "fell off the back of the truck" that was being driven by a friend, but its all stock and runs sallos fine... i ping btween 30-45 running sallos and can outrun almost anyone (which is really usefull because 95% of the time im soloing)

u also forget to mention that razor is just generally slower, drink a pot in razor or use a last object macro then compare it to sallos, its as if there is a delay after everything in razor, in sallos its instant. even doing things like opening containers and and runebooks is slower in razor

Fez_

Knight

your probly crashing because you haven't turned music off on sallos (edit it in notepad cant remember exactly so don't ask me)