UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Rule Update - 5/16/2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sypher

Wanderer
Re: Rule Update - 5/16/2007

Watabou;1426256 said:
arent staff members supposed to be invincible for a reason

Well look at it this way, should we have to make ourselves immortal or should the players be more respectful and know better?

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

Guys this is COMMON SENSE. If I'm at the bank and playing around with you no big deal. If I'm idle and you kill me that's a big deal. If I am answering a page and you attack me... thats a big deal.

RESPECT STAFF AND THERE WONT BE AN ISSUE.

It's not like if you hit me with an energy bolt I'm just going to delete you... but I'm sure we'll have a nice conversation about it.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

AlphaN3rd;1426262 said:
Does this rule apply during server wars?

Neg... server wars are supposed to be fun for a reason :)

goatballs

Wanderer

Another thing that Rages me hardcore is if i'm out trying to help someone....and then someone comes up and kills the person i'm helping....don't expect me to be to friendly after that....

Edward

Retired Hybrid Game Master

Ozzy;1426236 said:
Question, Zippy doesn't wear a gm robe... so can we attack him without having our accounts deleted? Not that I would attack Zippy cuz he is often alot of fun, but just to be on the safe side..

Ryan;1426229 said:
Zippy will no longer be doing that.
I think what Ryan meant about that is Zippy wont be idling around Brit Bank anymore, so I don't think you will even have a chance to attack him there in the future

Ozzy

Sorceror

Edward-hybrid;1426296 said:
I think what Ryan meant about that is Zippy wont be idling around Brit Bank anymore, so I don't think you will even have a chance to attack him there in the future

No more Zippy at the bank :(
Now it won't be as fun banksitting -.-

It would have been like removing the most 1337 banksitter Vandoren :(

Rambone

You've been ramb0ned

Ozzy;1426323 said:
It would have been like removing the most 1337 banksitter Vandoren :(

i'm all for this idea -- this shard doesn't need any more theives.

Ozzy

Sorceror

Rambone;1426333 said:
i'm all for this idea -- this shard doesn't need any more theives.

What are you saying :eek:

We can't get rid of Vandoren! Vandoren is more then a banksitter! He is family -.-

joey2ultima

Sorceror

I really don't see the need for this poste by Ryan.
Are staff not invul? If not why not make them invul to solve the problem...

You can send this message out Ryan. But 1-2-3 weeks from now when player return, not reading this. And see a staff member walking around, Who doesnt try to see if there attackable?

Maybe Ryan went afk and got killed (seen it before) and then rage posted?

I dunno but Ryan is a good name, It's my name...I was named after a General.
Ryan ftw....

Ghostface

Sypher

Wanderer

joey2ultima;1426350 said:
I really don't see the need for this poste by Ryan.
Are staff not invul? If not why not make them invul to solve the problem...

You can send this message out Ryan. But 1-2-3 weeks from now when player return, not reading this. And see a staff member walking around, Who doesnt try to see if there attackable?

Maybe Ryan went afk and got killed (seen it before) and then rage posted?

I dunno but Ryan is a good name, It's my name...I was named after a General.
Ryan ftw....

Ghostface

I'll say it again since you obviously didn't read the entire thread and based your reply on Ryan's initial post.

Staff members shouldn't have to make themselves invul, set their HP to godly numbers. Players should know better and be more respectful to not attack any of us.
Technically, a staff member should feel safe from attacks by players even if they set their HP to 1.
Agree or disagree, the post has been made, Ryan has spoken, no one is to attack staff members anymore.

Have a great day.

Overmann

Sorceror

Ryan;1426217 said:
Going forward if you are found attacking a staff member you will have your character deleted. This will not be tolerated.

Thank you for your compliance.

But we can still steal from 'em, right? Right?

..jk oh mighty UO God.

D

Darkness

Mythia Jhengli;1426637 said:
Sounds fair to me. I don't want my lewtz deletzored anyway. *Hides from staff*
You can't hide from us. *laughs evilly* ;p

nimakdm

Wanderer

Sounds more than fair. I thought it was common sense to not mess with a gm etc...

Sypher;1426359 said:
I'll say it again since you obviously didn't read the entire thread and based your reply on Ryan's initial post.

Staff members shouldn't have to make themselves invul, set their HP to godly numbers. Players should know better and be more respectful to not attack any of us.
Technically, a staff member should feel safe from attacks by players even if they set their HP to 1.
Agree or disagree, the post has been made, Ryan has spoken, no one is to attack staff members anymore.

Have a great day.

If your so worried about being attacked then idle in trammel why don't ya? Fel is dangerous place, it's meant to be this way. Ultima Online has always been a cut throat game, it's really something you should have learned to expect by now. That's why on osi all staff were invul, if something is attackable you better be damn sure that someone will attack it, whether it be a chicken or a miner, this is ultima online we are talking about not wow.

Look at all the questions that people are asking, all of the grey areas that need to be disgussed, just think about all of the could be cases of players attack staff that you guys would have to look into. All of this can be bypassed by just making you guys invulnerable. All you guys are doing is putting more of a workload on your shoulders. Doesn't matter to me, heh this is just my own two cents.

Phyrex

Page

Vas Griffith;1426858 said:
If your so worried about being attacked then idle in trammel why don't ya? Fel is dangerous place, it's meant to be this way. Ultima Online has always been a cut throat game, it's really something you should have learned to expect by now. That's why on osi all staff were invul, if something is attackable you better be damn sure that someone will attack it, whether it be a chicken or a miner, this is ultima online we are talking about not wow.

Look at all the questions that people are asking, all of the grey areas that need to be disgussed, just think about all of the could be cases of players attack staff that you guys would have to look into. All of this can be bypassed by just making you guys invulnerable. All you guys are doing is putting more of a workload on your shoulders. Doesn't matter to me, heh this is just my own two cents.

Ultima Online is a cut throat game among players, not to the staff who sacrifice their free time to help the playerbase.

Respect and commong sense is pretty much all to sum it up.
What do you gain out of killing a staff member anyway, other then bragging rights over killing an idling person?

Sypher

Wanderer

Vas Griffith;1426858 said:

When I need your opinion on where a staff member should idle, I will ask you, until then it appears like this rule will now be strictly enforced.
Like the guy who quoted you first said, it's a cutthroat game between the players. Attacking a staff member is disrespectful and will not be tolerated going forth. Go punch your boss in the eye where you work and see if you still have a job afterwards.
Again, use common sense and you have nothing to worry about.
No need to discuss it any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.