UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

RP event Friday sept 2nd.

PBT

Sorceror
It was a blast. I'm the newest member to SoK and was looking forward to the "RP" side of the event but none the less the pvp was entertaining.
I think this guy knows whats up, and at least Nok' Tor isn't lying about what went down. So what you are saying Loathgar is, you can rez kill but we can't, you can loot but we can't, you can go against your RP charter but we can't. With that logic why don't I just create my own RP guild that does nothing but bladespirit, and mass recruit, and our sworn enemy is soft tacos that fold easy.

Word word, bladespirits was tactic to even numbers up, and it was killing afk alt's. If you aren't allowed to synch dumps for role play that's kind of a downer. Still interested in making an rp'er but if we are dexxers how are we expected to win from outside of the orc fort. Without a mage to reveal those hiding + line of sight.

synching takes the fun out of it. who cant kill someone 2v1 in 4 seconds flat. I remember when the rp use to be big here. i would go fight them 20v1 and have a fucking blast. i died a lot but also merked a lot of people. wasnt so much about winning more about having fun. going back to the basics

also im not sure but dont some rpers not allow you to cast magery if you are on a warrior? i could see how blades would have been gay then. but if they all could cast dispel then i see nothing wrong with that

PBT

Sorceror
synching takes the fun out of it. who cant kill someone 2v1 in 4 seconds flat. I remember when the rp use to be big here. i would go fight them 20v1 and have a fucking blast. i died a lot but also merked a lot of people. wasnt so much about winning more about having fun. going back to the basics

also im not sure but dont some rpers not allow you to cast magery if you are on a warrior? i could see how blades would have been gay then. but if they all could cast dispel then i see nothing wrong with that
Another thing to keep in mind when we killed a few of them with bladespirits..... they started casting bladespirits back. Like I said, I never said we didn't die at all, as a matter of fact we were rez killed so they could dry loot us... we returned the favor, they made a post about "no one else is allowed to play uo with us, anyone who kills other players in this game is immature (orcs are all blue?), oops brb server wars....

Geezumcrow

Wanderer
Another thing to keep in mind when we killed a few of them with bladespirits..... they started casting bladespirits back. Like I said, I never said we didn't die at all, as a matter of fact we were rez killed so they could dry loot us... we returned the favor, they made a post about "no one else is allowed to play uo with us, anyone who kills other players in this game is immature (orcs are all blue?), oops brb server wars....

To be far, the blade spirits might have been Mat and me. RSB's rules of engagement are far more lax than some of the other RP guilds. We use whatever 7 skills we feel like, and we use mounts. We're willing to change up how we engage other RPers, depending on the event and if the event host has set specific rules, but by and large, we do the "anything goes, all's fair" routine.

I don't specifically remember casting a BS myself, and I don't know for sure that Mat did, but it's entirely possible that it happened.

I really think the big misunderstanding here comes from the fact that, rather or not you guys were actually trying to RP, or just wanted some fun fights, the RP community didn't know what your intentions were, so they responded poorly. I'm sure most of us would have been happy to avoid the res killing, or any other underhanded tactics that went out, if we'd had a more clear understanding of your intentions. For instance, had we known that you guys weren't there to cause grief, Mat and I would have likely looted one or two of your regs (pearl and silk, maybe) and some bandages, to keep you out of the fight, and then left you alone.

Without that though, you're likely to get what we had at the orc fort: two angry mobs throwing rocks at each other. Which is fun too, heh.

Ah I wasn't there so i don't know everyone's side of the story, but if they were casting it back then that is all fair game. I can also understand rez killing if you were going towards your corpse/ or they were going towards their corpse. It is all fun and that's how it should be. It seems like you were in the right but with the synch i would say no no. Mind you i'm not judging because hey you didn't really know or realize that it would be frowned upon. I'm just glad stuff like this is coming back to uo. It doesn't matter what your play style it still invokes fun and pvp so Props to you all

Reactions: PBT
To be far, the blade spirits might have been Mat and me. RSB's rules of engagement are far more lax than some of the other RP guilds. We use whatever 7 skills we feel like, and we use mounts. We're willing to change up how we engage other RPers, depending on the event and if the event host has set specific rules, but by and large, we do the "anything goes, all's fair" routine.

I don't specifically remember casting a BS myself, and I don't know for sure that Mat did, but it's entirely possible that it happened.

I really think the big misunderstanding here comes from the fact that, rather or not you guys were actually trying to RP, or just wanted some fun fights, the RP community didn't know what your intentions were, so they responded poorly. I'm sure most of us would have been happy to avoid the res killing, or any other underhanded tactics that went out, if we'd had a more clear understanding of your intentions. For instance, had we known that you guys weren't there to cause grief, Mat and I would have likely looted one or two of your regs (pearl and silk, maybe) and some bandages, to keep you out of the fight, and then left you alone.

Without that though, you're likely to get what we had at the orc fort: two angry mobs throwing rocks at each other. Which is fun too, heh.

Think of it this way; next time it will run smoother and maybe even have a bigger turn out. Maybe lay down some ground rules, etc, so others know how to act. Some people may see them as griefing even though they were just trying to partake in the fun ( short noticed ).

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
Wow I had no idea how much this event affected so many players. we should definitely do this again if people from outside of our normal RP community want to get in on the fun. Might have been some confusion but fuck all that, the bottom line was people where having fun again and thats exactly what we are promoting with these events. In the future we can do it right, and do it bigger. Props to Loathgar for the event.

awsome

Traveler
I don't remember any blades wandering around outside the fort, but that certainly doesn't mean it didnt happen. Like my esteemed colleague geezum (lol) said, we aren't as strict as some of the others. Orcs require their guys to be unmounted. SoK requires their guys to have no magery. We are rangers and we require our guys to do whatever it takes to get the job done.

The thing about us is we are technically a pvp guild that rps not an rp guild that pvps. That makes us a different animal. I don't have any hard feelings toward anyone though and any time you guys wanna come out and mess with us, or rp with us, feel free.