UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

RP event Friday sept 2nd.

Loathgar

Wanderer
Greetings fellow RP community. There is going to be an RP event going on Friday, September 2nd at 8 PM EST. The evil factions will be gathering at Yew orc fort/tempul (in the clearing north of the orc fort). The good factions will be gathering at the kinship tavern on the road between minoc and vesper (like 1-2 screens south of minoc bridge).

This event will be both RP dialogue AND combat. Those interested in having larger roles than "just being there" should message me via AIM (theflawedpanda) or in the orc IRC (IRC.RUNUO.COM #orc).

Standard loot to disarm will be in effect, so dont bring anything to battle you are not comfortable with losing. We will try to get people their stuff back, but dont expect it. Also non combat RPers are welcome (and needed). I cannot say you will not be harmed, but you will not be attacked on sight.

I hope to see all of you there!

Loathgar

Wanderer
Oh and by evil factions, I mean non human evil factions. Red/Evil humans will not be tolerated in orc territory. I leave it to the good factions to accept or deny acceptance to the tavern. I am uncertain if the tavern is a den for rogues and nobles alike.

PBT

Sorceror
Can I role play too? Is it too late to start a pirate guild? Or can I just come and pvp on a red?

Wayfarer83

Squire
I think the good guys will probally need help, so if you have a human side him with the "humans". Might be for the best.

Loathgar

Wanderer
Event ruined by griefers. I am guessing due to this thread. Future events will be done exclusively through PMs. If you are interested in attending make sure I have your contact info. This will be rescheduled for a later date.

PBT

Sorceror
Event ruined by griefers. I am guessing due to this thread. Future events will be done exclusively through PMs. If you are interested in attending make sure I have your contact info. This will be rescheduled for a later date.
Event saved by PvP, Orcs and Knights banding together against the common enemy. Orc fort under seige! How was it ruined? You tried to set up pvp, its not like we outnumbered you, we didn't have time to create role players but would be interested in role fighting in the future. Why say griefer when stuff was given back? We didn't shit talk or outnumber or sandwich during middle of fight. I'm not talking shit but your post is, maybe I'm missing the point of the roleplay, do you not actually kill each other? Would be glad to pvp again, it was fun. Again, not talking shit, we died too.

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
I believe he just means the way you guys operate. spamming blades spirits, syncing, ect. The pvp was fun dont get me wrong, we would love to fight anyone anywhere for whatever reason. It Just forced the Actual RP event to a halt. We didnt actually get to the Role playing part which was part of the reason for the whole event in the first place.

Dont get discouraged , if you guys are really interested in "civil" conflicts with the RP community just keep coming back and fighting us. Only maybe develop some tactics past "Ok everyone sync on **"

IRSuxx <---------------- THIS IS MY AIM

It was a blast. I'm the newest member to SoK and was looking forward to the "RP" side of the event but none the less the pvp was entertaining.

Reactions: PBT

PBT

Sorceror
I believe he just means the way you guys operate. spamming blades spirits, syncing, ect. The pvp was fun dont get me wrong, we would love to fight anyone anywhere for whatever reason. It Just forced the Actual RP event to a halt. We didnt actually get to the Role playing part which was part of the reason for the whole event in the first place.

Dont get discouraged , if you guys are really interested in "civil" conflicts with the RP community just keep coming back and fighting us. Only maybe develop some tactics past "Ok everyone sync on **"

IRSuxx <---------------- THIS IS MY AIM
Word word, bladespirits was tactic to even numbers up, and it was killing afk alt's. If you aren't allowed to synch dumps for role play that's kind of a downer. Still interested in making an rp'er but if we are dexxers how are we expected to win from outside of the orc fort. Without a mage to reveal those hiding + line of sight.

Geezumcrow

Wanderer
I'm not sure there was really anything wrong with the over-all tactics, especially since I (personally) didn't lose anything, and I enjoyed myself. Still though, look at it from the perspective of the folks you attacked. I don't think anyone at the Kinship Tavern had any way of knowing that anything other than typical griefing was going on when you folks ran in and started nuking people.

I, for one, have no problem with sync dumping, blade spirits, or anything else that goes on in PvP. I get sick of seeing the air full of purple potions, but I accept that PvP on hybrid mandates that the air be full of purple potions, so I just muddle through. I think you just caught everyone off-guard, and we assumed the worst. Like Nok'tar said, if you're honestly interested in doing some PvP in an RP'd fashion, make sure everyone knows you want to be involved, and all will be well. You don't even have to talk, as far as I'm concerned. Throw something together about being silent killers, and join in on the event. Just let us know you're part of the event and not just there to cause grief, and I don't believe anyone will mind :)

I agree, it ended up being fun without the RP, but again, it was an RP event, and I think that's why some people are upset. I didn't lose much other than replaceables like potions, so it was fine with me. Even if I did drop two karma titles... Haha. Seriously though, the number one reason that we RP on Hybrid and not on a private server is because our RPers still enjoy PvPing, and usually PvP takes a hit on private RP servers. So keep it up, but like it was said above, it would have been nice to actually have some RP, as the person that was planning this event put a lot of work into it and it ended up being for nothing.

awsome

Traveler
Event saved by PvP, Orcs and Knights banding together against the common enemy. Orc fort under seige! How was it ruined? You tried to set up pvp, its not like we outnumbered you, we didn't have time to create role players but would be interested in role fighting in the future. Why say griefer when stuff was given back? We didn't shit talk or outnumber or sandwich during middle of fight. I'm not talking shit but your post is, maybe I'm missing the point of the roleplay, do you not actually kill each other? Would be glad to pvp again, it was fun. Again, not talking shit, we died too.

I don't know that I'd say you were "griefing" although I personally didn't get stuff back that you guys looted. I don't expect that. What is expected, if you guys truly wanna get down with some rp, is some actual rp. Rolling in and attacking without a word is not rp.

If you guys want to get involved, and I certainly welcome the thought, create new chars with some rpish names and get a story together for yourselves. Heck, creating the backstory is half the fun.

Good luck to you.

Loathgar

Wanderer
I am hesitant to even enter this can of worms. But griefing consists of a few very basic things:
1. Total lack of RP.
2. Using spells that are on the do not use list of basically every RP charter.
3. Res killing.

I did not see you all play any role other than the typical pvp lusting red. There was no conversation period. You all just ran in and started attacking. Massing blade spirits and meteor swarms and other "griefer" tactics. And of course there was the ridiculous amount of res killing. All of this is normal for pvp on hybrid and we accept it. That keeps things fun and interesting. I dont want scripted combat 24/7. That would get boring as hell. Griefers help spice it up.

Please dont pretend to be RPers though. There was no attempt on your part to do anything except kill us and ruin the RP aspect of the event. To the point we had to fight alongside our sworn enemies (which totally negates our RP). I have no doubt your intentions of truly joining the RP community are false. I am sure you are just being jerks to be jerks. As the overall internet gaming community lacks maturity. That is THE main difference in the RP community. We strive to have a more rich experience with mature players. Like I said we need the griefers to spice things up. But not during events. If you want to be part of an event that is fine, but contact whoever is running the event and talk to them about your role.

If you want to RP, then do so. Dont run around on ethys swarming everyone and killing on sight. That is not RP. How could you possibly justify that in the RP world? You all are rogue mages that like to do nothing but murder for fun? That is EVERYONE on this server. Be original and make up a back story, and stay in character. Being new I understand you all are unfamiliar with how things operate. But ask those of us that have been around for a while. Dont just run in and start attacking everyone and then claim it was RP.

They are griefers. It is easy to tell this just by their posts here. I played on Hybrid since before Ryan took it over.... this is def a case of griefers. They are trying to get reactions out of you on the forum because they are immature and they do not have anything better to do with their time.

Geezumcrow

Wanderer
Hmmm people die to blade spirit + ms?
Sounds like one of the least effective 'grief tactics'

Haha, I'd agree, but getting blade spirited inside the orc fort is a goddamn mess. There's so much trash on the ground, and only part of it blocks. It's possible to get boxed in and not even realize which piece of garbage on the ground is causing it. After last night, I totally understand why the orcs like fighting there. Anyone dumb enough to actually come inside gets attacked by the PC orcs, the NPC orcs, and the scenery. Getting away from someone on foot is hard, even if you're on a mount. I totally understand why the people who died to BSs did so, even though Mat and I were dispelling for all we were worth.