UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Returning Player

PopcornRyan

Wanderer
Old player from live servers that hasn't played for about 10 years.

Right now I have an archer and I'm enjoying it but it seems like farming gold is really slow. I've been doing ogre lords for their ~600g each because I have a Repond bow that's decent against them.

My current setup is:

110/110 Archery
100/100 Anatomy
100/100 Tactics
55.4 Chivalry
40 Bushido
72 Healing
41 Resist

Is there anything different I should be doing different with my build? I've seen an archer/tamer build but not sure which skills to get with that since all the ones I've seen are on live servers with updated items/skills.

My suit is pretty much basic pieces found off of monsters and the same goes for jewelry. I bought a Quiver of Rage off someone's vendor for the 10% damage bonus.

Are there better monsters to kill for gold so that I can buy items a bit quicker?

Any help would be really amazing. Thanks!

Lord Aero

Sorceror
Welcome Back! I'm glad you're enjoying your stay.

Artic Ogre Lords can be time-consuming to farm due to their low respawn rate. It might be a good idea to search for alternative monsters to hunt. I've found Dread Spiders do the trick since they provide fast gold and loot that is sometimes worth keeping. You can also hunt at Cyclops Valley, which provides quick gold as fast as you can kill. This place would be good for your repond slayer as all the monsters will be affected by it.

Many players run with archer/tamer for the insane DPS boost. Having a pet to deal damage and take damage while your toon can hit for considerable amounts is a strategy most players love to run with. It is especially useful in doom, peerless, and champion spawns because the player who does the most DPS has a higher chance of getting an artifact. The sampire and whammy are also both great DPS dealers, being able to rack up much more damage due to counter attack and specials, but this is a character for later on, as they require millions of gold to jumpstart.

My suggestion would be to continue your path. Eventually you'll starting earning enough gold and items to purchase better stuff. The other templates may prove to be a little troublesome without the right equipment. It's better to save up and plan than jump in and become overwhelmed. I'd suggest wearing as much luck as you can garner without negatively affecting your resists and as much HCI as you can muster. These two properties just might lead to finding an item worth millions. But just remember, the journey rather than the destination, is what counts.

You can PM me if you have any questions! I check the forums a lot, so I'm definitely around!